Report  ORIGINAL

Anonymous said 1 year ago

Any news on Windsor coach

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #101 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

Candidates are Inglis, Lumley, Angie Taylor (former USA athlete and worked for Athletics Nigeria), and an NAIA head coach that no one knows. I'm disappointed in this list to say the least but maybe some of the better potential candidates didn't want the Windsor lifestyle and rebuild project.

Anyone have any word/reviews of the first interview that went down today? I'm curious.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #102 

any word on the first interview that went today???

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #103 

streetbeat said 1 week ago

Did anyone attend the first presentation? Thoughts?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #104 

TheMaester said 1 week ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Candidates are Inglis, Lumley, Angie Taylor (former USA athlete and worked for Athletics Nigeria), and an NAIA head coach that no one knows. I'm disappointed in this list to say the least but maybe some of the better potential candidates didn't want the Windsor lifestyle and rebuild project.

Anyone have any word/reviews of the first interview that went down today? I'm curious."

The NAIA guy is a very solid coach. I am impressed with the list, I am not sure what you were expecting but I was expecting it to be Brett and a few other semi recent alumni that are currently working as physical education teachers.

I think Windsor did a very nice job bringing in 3 candidates from outside with a long tenure of head coaching experience and proven success plus a long time assistant who has been preparing for this role his whole life + 1 year ;)

I could make a strong case to see it going any 1 of 3 ways ;) and as an alum I would be very happy with any of those selections.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #105 

Quoting: ZeroSumGame
    "So to sum up 4 pages of nonsense on this. The assistant coach that finished in 2nd place last year for the job is interviewing for the job again and not a single person on here guessed any of the other 3 candidates.

I look forward to the next opening where people can anonymously suggest their own name for the job."

Check out the original 3rd post on this site. I believe you will find one of the names mentioned

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #106 

The NAIA coach is from Indiana Tech, I believe and has won 8 NAIA National Titles btwn the Mens and Womens teams

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #107 

zero said 1 week ago

"Check out the original 3rd post on this site. I believe you will find one of the names mentioned"

Good catch. Very ironic too almost a dead on prediction. Colin is a candidate and this Angie Taylors bio and demographic is almost identical to Mollys.

Quote comment
  • k-farr User since:
    Apr 2nd, 2015
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #108 

K Farr said 1 week ago

Quoting: TheMaester
    "The NAIA guy is a very solid coach. I am impressed with the list, I am not sure what you were expecting but I was expecting it to be Brett and a few other semi recent alumni that are currently working as physical education teachers.

I think Windsor did a very nice job bringing in 3 candidates from outside with a long tenure of head coaching experience and proven success plus a long time assistant who has been preparing for this role his whole life + 1 year ;)

I could make a strong case to see it going any 1 of 3 ways ;) and as an alum I would be very happy with any of those selections."

Agreed....I think this is strong list of candidates

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #109 

Brett Lumley is presenting at this moment. He was passed on when they could have changed his interim title to full-time, then when they picked Andy, then when Andy Hahn turned it down. I can't imagine he'd get it on the fourth try unless someone else is making the decisions.

The Indiana guy seems to have the best resume of current experience, but U Sports is a completely different game. There are no athletic scholarships that aren't tied to very good academic credentials at Windsor. He could bring something great and new, or take time to figure the system out.

Angie Taylor hasn't actually coached in a decade. The USATF positions and Nigeria position are administrative or ceremonial. She was an NCAA D1 head coach for quite a number of years. Murielle Ahoure was the only athlete of note and she improved a lot after Taylor left.

I expect they'll do the 'safe' thing and hire Collin Inglis, who coached at Windsor and has been head coach at a Canadian University for years. For their resources and location York has been rather unremarkable though.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #110 

"Brett Lumley is presenting at this moment. He was passed on when they could have changed his interim title to full-time, then when they picked Andy, then when Andy Hahn turned it down. I can't imagine he'd get it on the fourth try unless someone else is making the decisions.

The Indiana guy seems to have the best resume of current experience, but U Sports is a completely different game. There are no athletic scholarships that aren't tied to very good academic credentials at Windsor. He could bring something great and new, or take time to figure the system out.

Angie Taylor hasn't actually coached in a decade. The USATF positions and Nigeria position are administrative or ceremonial. She was an NCAA D1 head coach for quite a number of years. Murielle Ahoure was the only athlete of note and she improved a lot after Taylor left.

I expect they'll do the 'safe' thing and hire Collin Inglis, who coached at Windsor and has been head coach at a Canadian University for years. For their resources and location York has been rather unremarkable though."

I generally agree with all of this. I would however add that York University is a poor athletic school and I believe Colin achieved a lot during his time there and is still achieving a lot there (as he hasn't left yet). York does not have a friendly admissions department to help athletes enroll. Teams at York essentially are unable to recruit and only get what falls in their lap. Sure they can recruit but if the athlete is not already destined to be accepted to York in their particular program than absolutely nothing can be done.

The American guy would be good, the larger question is always bringing a non national, is how well they will adjust, and you always run the risk of them not sticking it out.

Also of note they could not simply remove the interim tag to Brett as it is a union position and this process was always going to have to be done this way, but the fact he did not receive the job last year would indicate that it is an uphill battle this year, as they could have either awarded the job to him last summer after Andy resigned, OR simply held a quick 2 week search and done interviews again and given him the job.

I look forward to hearing more about the interviews this week.

Quote comment
  • dubrunner User since:
    Jan 1st, 2017
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #111 

DubRunner said 1 week ago

As a fellow runner from the Dub, everyone on the team is rooting for Lumley to get the job. However if not, many people will probably be very unhappy and it won't really matter how good the coach that gets hired is as they'll just be mad and upset.

Quote comment
  • k-farr User since:
    Apr 2nd, 2015
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #112 

K Farr said 1 week ago

Of the final four, I believe Colin would be a solid , some may say, safe pick. He knows, USport athletics, understands the importance of the Windsor team culture and above all, can coach. Let's not forget, he lead York to a National championship in 2014

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #113 

Quoting: K Farr
    "Of the final four, I believe Colin would be a solid , some may say, safe pick. He knows, USport athletics, understands the importance of the Windsor team culture and above all, can coach. Let's not forget, he lead York to a National championship in 2014"

Who did he personally coach on that national championship team? Athletics Canada Centre athletes, throwers, pole vault got the vast bulk of the points.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #114 

Heard from someone said 1 week ago

Heard Indiana guy did well with the presentation yesterday (was not there). Naia has like 200 schools I think so solid resume to win all those titles.

Colin has great experiences as well and will be interesting to hear his vision for the program.

I think those two should be the favorites to be offered.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #115 

jumparound said 1 week ago

"Who did he personally coach on that national championship team? Athletics Canada Centre athletes, throwers, pole vault got the vast bulk of the points."

This is a scenario that is out of Colins hands- let these guys compete vs don't let them compete and at the end of the day a coach needs to produce results and handle the talent at his disposal. Sometimes putting your ego aside is the best thing. Colins coaching ability should not be questioned.

I have been coached by both Brett and Colin as I attended the U in the late 90s. Both are great technical coaches. Colin has a better personality and is more fair in team selections. I have attended many alumni events in the past 20 years. Brett does not act as a great ambassador, he seems to go out of his way to avoid people. To this day I still have a great relationship with Colin and he has been more welcoming to Windsor alumni at OUA meets than Brett despite working at a rival University.

One time Brett even made us vote as a team who would be the jumpers at OUA because of attendance vs results. We all voted for the result kid, and he got upset with us and discounted the vote and went with the higher attendance kid. That is not leadership, that is a cowardly move. Just make the decision in private and not one person would have questioned it. The funny thing is none of us really cared as it was a difference of about 14.10 in TJ vs 13.60 and neither were likely to medal. We actually just voted for the results kid out of spite because Brett was not popular among the male athletes on the team.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #116 

themaester said 1 week ago

Quoting: DubRunner
    "As a fellow runner from the Dub, everyone on the team is rooting for Lumley to get the job. However if not, many people will probably be very unhappy and it won't really matter how good the coach that gets hired is as they'll just be mad and upset."

As a well connected alumnus of the program, I do not know many fellow alum aged over 25 that would agree with this. Brett is generally viewed in a neutral to slightly negative light. It appears to be a very vocal minority and more recent graduates rooting for him. I guess it is possible he has become more approachable and better at developing inter personal relationships over the years as I have not talked to the man in 15 years.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #117 

anonymous said 1 week ago

3 interviews finished now, 1 to go, finally this thread can be put to archive...anybody got some info for us?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #118 

pstax said 1 week ago

they all done now? somebody gonna spill the beans??? Whys nobody wanna talk about what they saw, was there some confidentiality agreements?

Quote comment
  • k-farr User since:
    Apr 2nd, 2015
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #119 

K Farr said 1 week ago

I would guess most alumni who havebeen present are staying quiet out of respect to the process until all presentations are completed.

This post was edited by K Farr 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #120 

Quoting: K Farr
    "I would guess most alumni who havebeen present are staying quiet out of respect to the process until all presentations are completed."

Kevin, I would agree with that for the more open minded era, although I would have thought the millennials would be all over this live tweeting ;)

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #121 

I hope Ryan ends up as head coach at York!, the team seems to like his approach and responds well to his workouts

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #122 

?? said 1 week ago

"I hope Ryan ends up as head coach at York!, the team seems to like his approach and responds well to his workouts"

First Colin would have to resign as head coach. Lets not get ahead of ourselves yet.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #123 

So what now said 4 days ago

Everyone interviewed process should be done. Who gets the offer??? Where are things at? Any word on how presentations to public went?

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #124 

Anonymous said 4 days ago

Are we going to see another complete Twitter meltdown if someone doesn't get the job?!?!

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Anonymous

says…    

Image Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1