SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:

You are viewing page of 2.

Discussion Forum >>

TrackieReg - Free Online Registration for pretty much anything!
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 3
Report  ORIGINAL

Really Am Skuj said 2 weeks ago

Cam Levins left NOP - back with coach Houle

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #26 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

Would the Canadian groups take him though with the rep of NOP?

Quote comment
  • myth User since:
    Jan 23rd, 2014
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #27 

Myth said 1 week ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Would the Canadian groups take him though with the rep of NOP?"

Yes - he is an Olympian and former National Record holder (a talent-level that he attained before NOP). Also - there really aren't that many distance-focused groups of the calibre that he'd be looking for. He tried Speed River (briefly), West Hub is predominantly female and/or mid-d, and not sure if Luc has a group as such.

So if he's going to be training solo anyways, might as well do it in a system that works for him (i.e. Southern Utah).

Quote comment
  • athletics-illustrated User since:
    Mar 28th, 2017
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #28 

Athletics Illustrated said 1 week ago

Quoting: Myth
    "Yes - he is an Olympian and former National Record holder (a talent-level that he attained before NOP). Also - there really aren't that many distance-focused groups of the calibre that he'd be looking for. He tried Speed River (briefly), West Hub is predominantly female and/or mid-d, and not sure if Luc has a group as such.

So if he's going to be training solo anyways, might as well do it in a system that works for him (i.e. Southern Utah)."

Not exactly correct:

He is a current Canadian record holder with the 10,000m at 27:07.51. That hasn't changed. He attained that national record with NOP.

When you mention "Luc" are you referring to Luc Brichet? Yes, he has a group, it is called BCEP for BC Endurance Project. Head Coach is Richard Lee. This has been mentioned in this thread already.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #29 

gwelf said 1 week ago

Quoting: Myth
    "Yes - he is an Olympian and former National Record holder (a talent-level that he attained before NOP). Also - there really aren't that many distance-focused groups of the calibre that he'd be looking for. He tried Speed River (briefly), West Hub is predominantly female and/or mid-d, and not sure if Luc has a group as such.

So if he's going to be training solo anyways, might as well do it in a system that works for him (i.e. Southern Utah)."

He was never physically in Guelph while part of Speed River - as I recall he might have come for a single weekend while he was in the area for something else. He was coached by DST at a distance (phone/email) while he was living in the US. His Flotrack Driven episode was as I recall, filmed during this period. His switch away from DST/Speed River to NOP was as far as I am aware largely because he and his wife moved to the Portland area for her own schooling needs, making the NOP group a more ideal option than training alone without an in-person coach (possibly some pressure from Nike, I would imagine as well).

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Image Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1