SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:

You are viewing page of 2.

Discussion Forum >>

TrackieReg - Free Online Registration for pretty much anything!
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 0
Report  ORIGINAL

Anonymous said 1 week ago

legion provincials

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #26 

8seatRover said 1 week ago

All this talk about seats on buses! Did the parents then drive to Windsor with an empty car?

Quote comment
  • extreme-velocity User since:
    Dec 25th, 2012
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #27 

EXTREME VELOCITY said 1 week ago

Quoting: MidDistantDad
    "Legions when first instituted many years ago served an invaluable service. (Helped support development to those could not afford it or was used as an introductory to T&F) I believe now it needs to be reviewed. It does not capture the best through qualification rounds at the district or even at the provincial level meets. (Particiapation from the communities is not there) Last year a young lady made the Ontario provincial team and did not compete in any of the qualification rounds and was still in Quebec representing in the 800m for youth 15. At the end was not a positive experience because the athlete was unfortunately blown off the track. When I see representation based on this type of selection how can you not wonder what type external involvement is happening. As for dropping my kid off and have someone look after them for the weekend. Talk to some past athletes who have attended these meets the last few years. You may be surprised what you hear back. Not saying the kids are mistreated but do not get support condusive to putting in a good performance over a 2 day meet."

Can you elaborate more. cause from what i have seen from the results alot of PR's happen at these nationals.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #28 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

Quoting: 8seatRover
    "All this talk about seats on buses! Did the parents then drive to Windsor with an empty car?"

I worked both days (well nights). As I attempt to make it to all other meets this was a great chance for the prince or princess to experience some independence. Keep two important things in mind - these were not a group of four year olds or even 12 year old. These were high schoolers away, within the province, for less than 48 hours - we are hardly looking at neglectful parents who didn't attend. Secondly, the kids were chaperoned at a rate of about 1 adult to every 10 teenagers. I wish my kindergarten kid's class had that adult-child ratio!

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Image Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1