SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:

You are viewing page of 2.

Discussion Forum >>

TrackieReg - Free Online Registration for pretty much anything!
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 0
Report  ORIGINAL

anonymous said 3 weeks ago

OFSAA XC PREDICTIONS 2017

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #26 

Anonymous said 2 weeks ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Hope this kid is more humble about his success than you are."

Yes from what I have witnessed he most definitely is. He appreciates his competitors and any challenges thrown his way, Perhaps the mere fact that he has no great collection of Ofsaa xc medals but he keeps on racing every season says enough. Wishing him well in Petawawa.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #27 

Anonymous said 2 weeks ago

"It is an ofsaa xc 2017 predictions thread which is precisely why that poster(s) mentions Joshua DeSouza. How hard is that to figure out? You look at his two most recent XC results plus ALL 2017 track results and it is clear to see that this boy has got it across all distances from 800m to 6k. I don't think it's a biased prediction at all - I think it is an acknowledgement of the facts, that is results, at hand!"

I predict Josh Desouza will be top ten at ofsaa Xc, along with Witkowitz, Kemp, Mota, Dean, Morris, Zelek, Bridger, other Desouza, other Bridger.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #28 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

"It is an ofsaa xc 2017 predictions thread which is precisely why that poster(s) mentions Joshua DeSouza. How hard is that to figure out? You look at his two most recent XC results plus ALL 2017 track results and it is clear to see that this boy has got it across all distances from 800m to 6k. I don't think it's a biased prediction at all - I think it is an acknowledgement of the facts, that is results, at hand!"

Relax....we all know Jason Desouza and his twin Justin are good runners. I'm sure you'll remind us many times between now and their next big races anyways.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #29 

"I predict Josh Desouza will be top ten at ofsaa Xc, along with Witkowitz, Kemp, Mota, Dean, Morris, Zelek, Bridger, other Desouza, other Bridger."

I'd throw Kedir and Lee into the mix too. I think one of the Bridgers no longer runs, so maybe top 11.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #30 

Mrs Lahey said 1 week ago

Lukas Jarron, Matthew Cormier, and Michael Bourgeois are all in the hunt.

Quote comment
  • ssh-dad User since:
    Sep 29th, 2016
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #31 

SSH_Dad said 1 week ago

Quoting: anon
    "Distances were changed for this year. MG/MB - 4km, JG/JB - 5 km SG/SB - 6km. Para race remains at 3 km. All distances are allowed a 400 m differential (either shorter or longer)
    Hope this helps"

Were these changes announced anywhere? Are there new Playing Regulations? OFSSA site has old distances in September 2016 Regulations.

Quote comment
  • bestcoach User since:
    Oct 20th, 2014
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #32 

BestCoach said 1 week ago

the changes were sent to the coaches the day they were changed last spring

Quoting: SSH_Dad
    "Were these changes announced anywhere? Are there new Playing Regulations? OFSSA site has old distances in September 2016 Regulations."

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #33 

Early senior boys predictions
    1)Thomas Witkowicz
    2)Cameron dean
    3)Joshua De Souza
    4)Eric Morris
    5)Marcus Kemp
    6)Nick Mota
    7)Josh Zelek
    8)Matthew Bridger
    9)Ibrahim Kedir
    10)Campbell Lee

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #34 

"Early senior boys predictions
    1)Thomas Witkowicz
    2)Cameron dean
    3)Joshua De Souza
    4)Eric Morris
    5)Marcus Kemp
    6)Nick Mota
    7)Josh Zelek
    8)Matthew Bridger
    9)Ibrahim Kedir
    10)Campbell Lee"

Now that is probably the most accurate prediction there is - at least the names. Order? De Souza has been beating Witkowicz and Mota has been beating Dean. Is that the faster Bridger or did you mean the other one?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #35 

"Now that is probably the most accurate prediction there is - at least the names. Order? De Souza has been beating Witkowicz and Mota has been beating Dean. Is that the faster Bridger or did you mean the other one?"

Your comment is based on recent track or previous XC results? A few holes in your comments. Either way it's a good looking top ten. I'm sure there's a few outliers/surprises. Anyone's race that day.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #36 

"Now that is probably the most accurate prediction there is - at least the names. Order? De Souza has been beating Witkowicz and Mota has been beating Dean. Is that the faster Bridger or did you mean the other one?"

It's the faster bridger and yeah De Souza beat Witkowicz at the 3000m and Mota has run faster times than dean in the 3000m as well but xc is completely different from track

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #37 

The faster Bridger and yeah De Souza has beat Witkowicz before and same with Mota beating Dean but that was on track and not xc, xc is way different. I think Witkowicz outshines De Souza at xc and Dean outshines Mota at xc

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #38 

"Early senior boys predictions
    1)Thomas Witkowicz
    2)Cameron dean
    3)Joshua De Souza
    4)Eric Morris
    5)Marcus Kemp
    6)Nick Mota
    7)Josh Zelek
    8)Matthew Bridger
    9)Ibrahim Kedir
    10)Campbell Lee"

This is an opinion/prediction board so not much of this matters. I would tinker it and say reverse 3 and 5 and maybe throw the other desouza on the board. In my opinion the rest looks good.

On head to head stats alone I'm not sure if anyone has finshed ahead of 1 in XC since the beginning of high school, but I could be wrong.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #39 

"This is an opinion/prediction board so not much of this matters. I would tinker it and say reverse 3 and 5 and maybe throw the other desouza on the board. In my opinion the rest looks good.

On head to head stats alone I'm not sure if anyone has finshed ahead of 1 in XC since the beginning of high school, but I could be wrong."

Opinions are formed on fact too and ofsaa is life so yes it matters very much! Why do I remember other Bridger always placing ahead of his brother in XC but now predictions have it different? Guess info I don't have

Re the head to head stats I believe you were right for grade 9 and 10 xc and gr 9 track but started to see a change since grade 10 track in Windsor.

Can't wait to watch seniors girls race. Some talent moving into grade 11

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #40 

"It's the faster bridger and yeah De Souza beat Witkowicz at the 3000m and Mota has run faster times than dean in the 3000m as well but xc is completely different from track"

I'm a self confessed amateur and new to the sport. Can anyone explain why you see this difference between athletes who are naturally more proficient on the Track OR Cross Country? Can a coach explain this best or can anyone point to a link for literature explaining it? Thanks in advance.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #41 

"Opinions are formed on fact too and ofsaa is life so yes it matters very much! Why do I remember other Bridger always placing ahead of his brother in XC but now predictions have it different? Guess info I don't have

Re the head to head stats I believe you were right for grade 9 and 10 xc and gr 9 track but started to see a change since grade 10 track in Windsor.

Can't wait to watch seniors girls race. Some talent moving into grade 11"

A change in the 1500m you're right in grade 10 and this year.

The longer distances such as the 3000m and XC still no change. It's a prediction thread that I guess for me is somewhat based on history. Given the history I think the original list is fairly accurate. Lots of time between now and then for others to get stronger and shake up the list. Guessing game at best but fun at the same time.

Agreed that the girls XC will be a great one to watch too.

Quote comment
  • nc-blogger User since:
    Sep 12th, 2014
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #42 

NC Blogger said 1 week ago

"I'm a self confessed amateur and new to the sport. Can anyone explain why you see this difference between athletes who are naturally more proficient on the Track OR Cross Country? Can a coach explain this best or can anyone point to a link for literature explaining it? Thanks in advance."

Not very scientific, but I think a lot of it comes down to intrinsic / extrinsic motivation and feedback. On the track, you can rely on splits, etc, to know exactly how fast you are going. Also, the longest track race is about half the distance (depending on the age class) of XC, which also makes a difference.

XC also requires constant changes of pace (hills, tight corners, terrain) that pure track runners (ones that like to get into a rhythm and hold on) do not enjoy.

As one example, my son's best finish in the 1500 / 3000 at the National Capital meet was 7th (up until his senior year when he managed a 4th place finish in the Steeple), yet he had two twenty something finishes at OFSAA Cross (and was 20th in his grade 12 year before tearing a lower abdominal muscle shortly after the 5k mark).

He routinely beat much better track runners during XC season. I attributed this to his ability to know his limits without the constant feedback of splits every 400m. He knew where his red-line was and was able to run close to it without getting himself into trouble. Still, despite his good placings, he rarely outkicked anyone in the last 100m of a race. He just didn't have the turnover.

This post was edited by NC Blogger 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #43 

"I'm a self confessed amateur and new to the sport. Can anyone explain why you see this difference between athletes who are naturally more proficient on the Track OR Cross Country? Can a coach explain this best or can anyone point to a link for literature explaining it? Thanks in advance."

Because we are discussing high schoolers, I feel it could also be where an athlete's focus is during any given season. For example, a kid might not shine at indoor track because he is busy "shining" on the ice playing hockey.? Just a thought. I just mean in general - I can't speak to the specific boys named above in predictions, I don't know who are multi-sport athletes. May not even be another sport as John Fish mentioned in one of his vlogs he has missed XC ofsaa due to science fair commitments. Everyone makes choices and some distance runner kids are really really smart in my experience so who knows what else they are involved in. When I have a kid I want him to do things other than sports too.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #44 

justsayin said 1 week ago

It will be interesting to see what the 800m girls who are still racing track right now (Legion) can do over 5,000m + in XC come fall.

Those same girls are used to 2000-3000 XC races, so look for some new faces this year in the grade 10 girls. Don't put too much chedda on those races boyz.

Also when you're placing your bets, factor in Nike/Rowland was April 22 and Legion August 13 so keep an eye on the kids who have been hammering track meets all season. The ones I know are tired as heck and need a rest but only get 1 week off between Legion and the start to XC.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #45 

Quoting: NC Blogger
    "Not very scientific, but I think a lot of it comes down to intrinsic / extrinsic motivation and feedback. On the track, you can rely on splits, etc, to know exactly how fast you are going. Also, the longest track race is about half the distance (depending on the age class) of XC, which also makes a difference.

XC also requires constant changes of pace (hills, tight corners, terrain) that pure track runners (ones that like to get into a rhythm and hold on) do not enjoy.

As one example, my son's best finish in the 1500 / 3000 at the National Capital meet was 7th (up until his senior year when he managed a 4th place finish in the Steeple), yet he had two twenty something finishes at OFSAA Cross (and was 20th in his grade 12 year before tearing a lower abdominal muscle shortly after the 5k mark).

He routinely beat much better track runners during XC season. I attributed this to his ability to know his limits without the constant feedback of splits every 400m. He knew where his red-line was and was able to run close to it without getting himself into trouble. Still, despite his good placings, he rarely outkicked anyone in the last 100m of a race. He just didn't have the turnover."

NC Blogger do you think it could also have anything to do with individual athletes preference for competing in the extreme heat of a track in June or July or the opposite of cold and snow at the final 3 XC races (ofsaa, AO, Nats) in November?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #46 

Quoting: justsayin
    "It will be interesting to see what the 800m girls who are still racing track right now (Legion) can do over 5,000m + in XC come fall.

Those same girls are used to 2000-3000 XC races, so look for some new faces this year in the grade 10 girls. Don't put too much chedda on those races boyz.

Also when you're placing your bets, factor in Nike/Rowland was April 22 and Legion August 13 so keep an eye on the kids who have been hammering track meets all season. The ones I know are tired as heck and need a rest but only get 1 week off between Legion and the start to XC."

Holy crap are there kids that start racing the 3rd week of April and race until mud August? When do they have time to party?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #47 

Anonymous said 6 days ago

Don't sleep on Ibrahim Kedir

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #48 

Anonymous said 5 days ago

They party AND play other sports!

You're too young to remember this but back in the dark ages elite hockey players also played baseball and or lacross.

guess what? it worked much better than running miles and miles on sidewalks.
    back then teens didn't need bone scans, K-tape or knee surgery.

"Holy crap are there kids that start racing the 3rd week of April and race until mud August? When do they have time to party?"

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitbread-bowl User since:
    Jan 7th, 2017
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #49 

bread bowl said 3 days ago

Why is everyone sleeping on alex sandras aka sub 9 sandy, hes a huge time performer and came 5th at ofsaa in 9:03 so hes kinda a big deal

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Image Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1