LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:

Discussion Forum >>

TrackieReg - Free Online Registration for pretty much anything!
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 1
Report  ORIGINAL

Anonymous said 4 months ago

using both straights for meets?

How often do you see a meet using both straight away at the same time running 100m and 80m.
ofssaa level kids btw.

Quote comment
  • neal-currie User since:
    Dec 14th, 2012
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #1 

neal.currie said 4 months ago

Quoting:
    "How often do you see a meet using both straight away at the same time running 100m and 80m.
    ofssaa level kids btw."

Pretty much never because it requires two timing setups.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #2 

Brutal said 4 months ago

saw it today in Guelph :(

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #3 

Yes the Royal City Invitational meet ran races on both straight aways. The meet organizers and volunteers should be commended for running a meet that ran on time despite the rain. As a parent this was very much appreciated. This was an early season HIGH SCHOOL meet - an introduction to track for a lot of kids. Sorry if it disappointed your precious ofsaa level kids. It was well attended and judging by the smiles on the kids faces a huge success. A big shout out to the Henry Carr team for their spirit and enthusiasm especially during the relays. Fun to
    watch!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #4 

Brutal said 4 months ago

"ofssaa level" does NOT refer to ofssaa champiosnhip it simply refers to Ontario High School kids track meet!

Now without getting into details and with all due respect if this meet was a "huge success" I would ask 2 questions of you.
    (1) define success
    (2) was this your first time attending a track meet? (surely it must have been)

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #5 

It shouldn't matter, as long as the results are accurate

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #6 

Anonymous said 3 months ago

There was no place to warm up, no way to do strides and no chance to test out new spikes till the gun went off.

And speaking of ofsaa the meet web site reads "Eligibility: High School eligible as defined by OFSAA"

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #7 

Quoting: Anonymous
    "There was no place to warm up, no way to do strides and no chance to test out new spikes till the gun went off.

And speaking of ofsaa the meet web site reads "Eligibility: High School eligible as defined by OFSAA""

No place to warm up? The school is surrounded by trails, with two large soccer fields in addition to the infield (which had plenty enough space for warm-ups in the area behind javelin and at the opposite far end). As well as lanes 3, 4, 5, and 6 being open during the longer races. As for strides, I ran in 3 separate races and had no issue doing strides; so I'm a little confused with what your point is

Quote comment
  • 2manyxs User since:
    Apr 21st, 2017
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #8 

2manyxs said 3 months ago

I just have to add my plug nickels worth since we no longer can give our two cents worth. Not sure if I was at the same meet, all athletes when distance events were on were warming up using lanes 456 as told to by the announcer. For the sprints and hurdles they were allowed to warm up on the bends. I counted off the top of my head over a dozen OFSAA gold medalists participating with a lot of smiles and too many to count other OFSAA podium finishers. For one of the first if not first meets of the year for most it went well. Yes there were a few missed times and numbers. But given over 2300 results, missed ones were less than point 5 percent, a rate I will accept any day. Having been to a few meets over the years across the province this meet ran as smooth as any of the best.. With 89 midget (called intermediate) girls running for most their first ever 100 and all of the other rookies everyone, coaches, parents, athletes and spectators and organizers should be pleased how well the true spirit of sport was exhibited by all. Obviously the trolls will find error in everything but I am a strong believer that talk is cheap, action is not and I have yet to see a troll do anything other than just that, cheap talk.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #9 

If you come from Oshawa how would you know where the trails are?

"No place to warm up? The school is surrounded by trails, with two large soccer fields in addition to the infield (which had plenty enough space for warm-ups in the area behind javelin and at the opposite far end). As well as lanes 3, 4, 5, and 6 being open during the longer races. As for strides, I ran in 3 separate races and had no issue doing strides; so I'm a little confused with what your point is"

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #10 

you really believe that most of the 89 girls NEVER ran a 100m race in their life?
    you know many came from the GTA right? where middle school track is a BIG deal!!! just ask Paul from tri-solution the MTA has 4 year old running the 100m and you think the majority of kids in grade 9 have never participated in running? geez Louise they have "track day" in most middle schools.

C'mon guys get real.

Quoting: 2manyxs
    "I just have to add my plug nickels worth since we no longer can give our two cents worth. Not sure if I was at the same meet, all athletes when distance events were on were warming up using lanes 456 as told to by the announcer. For the sprints and hurdles they were allowed to warm up on the bends. I counted off the top of my head over a dozen OFSAA gold medalists participating with a lot of smiles and too many to count other OFSAA podium finishers. For one of the first if not first meets of the year for most it went well. Yes there were a few missed times and numbers. But given over 2300 results, missed ones were less than point 5 percent, a rate I will accept any day. Having been to a few meets over the years across the province this meet ran as smooth as any of the best.. With 89 midget (called intermediate) girls running for most their first ever 100 and all of the other rookies everyone, coaches, parents, athletes and spectators and organizers should be pleased how well the true spirit of sport was exhibited by all. Obviously the trolls will find error in everything but I am a strong believer that talk is cheap, action is not and I have yet to see a troll do anything other than just that, cheap talk."

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #11 

Dude said 3 months ago

It was very cold and the fields were very wet and I didn't bring 3-4 pair of shoes or socks or rubber boots.

it's a small facility with a 6 lane track best suited for a Jr. High mini meet and that's about it.

the volunteers were great the facility not so great that's all.

don't take things personal.

"No place to warm up? The school is surrounded by trails, with two large soccer fields in addition to the infield (which had plenty enough space for warm-ups in the area behind javelin and at the opposite far end). As well as lanes 3, 4, 5, and 6 being open during the longer races. As for strides, I ran in 3 separate races and had no issue doing strides; so I'm a little confused with what your point is"

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #12 

Come on Cents said 3 months ago

Run the older kids on the finishing straight, run the younger kids on the back stretch. A 12 year old doesn't need a FAT clocking in an April meet.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #13 

If its at a hand timed meet (i.e. when I ran district in HS) was always both straightway. It mostly just depends on the availability of timers. Hard to find two photo timing systems in any ontario track meet. I prefer it this way anyways. The sprints take the longest and this gets them done quicker.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #14 

Quoting: Dude It was very cold and the fields were very wet and I didn't bring 3-4 pair of shoes or socks or rubber boots.

it's a small facility with a 6 lane track best suited for a Jr. High mini meet and that's about it.

the volunteers were great the facility not so great that's all.

don't take things personal
    ""

Could you not warm up on the roads away from the school? There are very few places where you get to run on the track for warm ups...

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #15 

"There was no place to warm up, no way to do strides and no chance to test out new spikes till the gun went off.

And speaking of ofsaa the meet web site reads "Eligibility: High School eligible as defined by OFSAA""

lol - you are going to love OFSAA this year when you will not be able to warm up on a track

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #16 

football/soccer field will do fine as long as rubbers are not required.

"lol - you are going to love OFSAA this year when you will not be able to warm up on a track"

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #17 

toomanyxs said 3 months ago

The sen jun mid boys and sen girls 100's were all photo timed using Finish Lynx on the home straight, all hurdles, mid girls and jun girls 100's ran on the back stretch and they were hand timed. As well all athletes had use of blocks if they knew how.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #18 

""

LOL!!

I'm sure it will dry up in time - hopefully!

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #19 

no blocks in 400m :(

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Image Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1