LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:

Discussion Forum >>

TrackieReg - Free Online Registration for pretty much anything!
Reply to topic Go to last post
User since:
Apr 2nd, 2015
thumbs_up 4
Report  ORIGINAL

K Farr said 1 week ago

WINDSOR

Congrats to Colin

Very solid hire for the Lancer program. If you look at the past decade of Lancer sports, the current admin has hired very strong coaches across the board and this is another one.

http://golancers.ca/news/2017/7/12/track-and-field-inglis-named-head-coach-of-lancer-track-field.aspx?path=track

This post was edited by K Farr 1 week ago . 
Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #1 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

It took how many months just to promote someone from within?

That seriously sounds like their final choice was not their first or second choice.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #2 

Who is taking over York?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #3 

Bush said 1 week ago

Anyone in the Windsor program that sees the Colin Inglis hiring as a positive thing does not know Colin Inglis very well.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #4 

Me said 1 week ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "It took how many months just to promote someone from within?

That seriously sounds like their final choice was not their first or second choice."

Colin hasn't coached at UW in a decade.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #5 

TheMaester said 1 week ago

Quoting: Bush
    "Anyone in the Windsor program that sees the Colin Inglis hiring as a positive thing does not know Colin Inglis very well."

I have been involved in Canadian track and field for almost 30 years. Windsor made a very good decision, AGAIN, as Andy was also a good decision.

Athletic Director Havey is top notch and he proved it again.

Anyone that says this is terrible news, is speaking on behalf of the rest of the OUA. It will not take long before the rest of the OUA gets used to battling for 2nd place again.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #6 

Quoting: TheMaester
    "I have been involved in Canadian track and field for almost 30 years. Windsor made a very good decision, AGAIN, as Andy was also a good decision.

Anyone that says this is terrible news, is speaking on behalf of the rest of the OUA. It will not take long before the rest of the OUA gets used to battling for 2nd place again."

Well he was head coach at York, and I would say they enjoyed average success at best during his tenure.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #7 

Quoting: TheMaester
    "I have been involved in Canadian track and field for almost 30 years. Windsor made a very good decision, AGAIN, as Andy was also a good decision.

Anyone that says this is terrible news, is speaking on behalf of the rest of the OUA. It will not take long before the rest of the OUA gets used to battling for 2nd place again."

It's comments like this that are going to set Colin up for failure. He's a great coach and the program will continue to see success, but the Guelph team that we just saw is the best overall men's track and field team in USports/CIS/CIAU history. This Guelph team would have put the following numbers into Windsor's ALL TIME TOP TEN, and this is just one year:

60m- 3
    300m- 2
    60mH- 2
    600m- 1
    1000m- 2
    1500m- 1
    3000m- 2
    HJ- 1
    LJ- 1
    TJ- 1
    SP- 1
    WT- 3
    Hept.- Not enough data to be significant, but both Guelph guys that competed in the event this year would have broken the Lancer record.

So Pole Vault is literally the only individual event that Guelph did not have at least one guy that would make Windsor's All-Time top ten list. Guelph has been very good for a long time, but the work Jason Kerr is doing will make them unbeatable for a long time. If Colin and co. can get the Lancers into a position where they're battling for OUA and USports titles, he will have done a phenomenal job. To say that the rest of the OUA will be battling for 2nd is showing how little you've been paying attention.

On the women's side, Windsor has a very long way to go.

Quote comment
  • kinrunner User since:
    Sep 27th, 2013
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #8 

KinRunner said 1 week ago

I't not sure why this needs to be so negative about Colin;

1) Unless you were on the panel or consulting with the hiring committee you don't know exactly what they were looking for.
    2) Colin's vision and presentation likely was the direction ( or best of the applicants) that the university wanted to go
    3) Being in university sport as a coach, I can tell you that not every school has the means behind it to foster a championship, and championships aren't easy to come by and are the results of a lot of hard work and often times some luck in recruiting, injuries, talent management etc. even more so in track, when you are working with multiple event group coaches, trying to select athletes for the most points etc, balance development and winning. SO without being in Colin's shoes or privy to the resources that he had available ( or any school or coach for that matter) I don;t think it's fair to attack someones track record at a university.
    4) Being head coach is more about interpersonal skills, leadership, and vision for the program, ability to relate to all athletes, guide them and help provide and develop for your event group coaches, than technical abilities. Perhaps with more engaged alumni, more presence of history of success and fans Colin will be bringing banners back to Windsor.

Good luck Colin, you have some big shoes to fill, it's going to be fun to watch what you do!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #9 

"It's comments like this that are going to set Colin up for failure. He's a great coach and the program will continue to see success, but the Guelph team that we just saw is the best overall men's track and field team in USports/CIS/CIAU history.."

If Guelph is the best overall track and field team in history, then why did they not break the team record held by the University of Windsor? and why dont they have 4 times the amount of championship track and field banners as the other? Windsor has 21 national banners, Guelph 5. Guelph is doing very well for its future, but lets not get out of hand with the assessment of "best all time". however if Guelph wins both mens and womens national champinoships every year, for almost the next decade, then we can reopen this report.

Quote comment
  • k-farr User since:
    Apr 2nd, 2015
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #10 

K Farr said 1 week ago

Guelph is undeniably the top program in the nation at this moment. Colin's hiring will bring back stability to Windsor which should help in future recruiting and rebuilding the "Lancer Brand" .

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #11 

"It's comments like this that are going to set Colin up for failure. He's a great coach and the program will continue to see success, but the Guelph team that we just saw is the best overall men's track and field team in USports/CIS/CIAU history. This Guelph team would have put the following numbers into Windsor's ALL TIME TOP TEN, and this is just one year:

60m- 3
    300m- 2
    60mH- 2
    600m- 1
    1000m- 2
    1500m- 1
    3000m- 2
    HJ- 1
    LJ- 1
    TJ- 1
    SP- 1
    WT- 3
    Hept.- Not enough data to be significant, but both Guelph guys that competed in the event this year would have broken the Lancer record.

So Pole Vault is literally the only individual event that Guelph did not have at least one guy that would make Windsor's All-Time top ten list. Guelph has been very good for a long time, but the work Jason Kerr is doing will make them unbeatable for a long time. If Colin and co. can get the Lancers into a position where they're battling for OUA and USports titles, he will have done a phenomenal job. To say that the rest of the OUA will be battling for 2nd is showing how little you've been paying attention.

On the women's side, Windsor has a very long way to go."

Technically they are the 2nd best team in USport/CIS/CIAU history as they didn't break Windsor's point total of 145.5 from 2009.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #12 

I think there is still problems in Lancer-Land unless something gets addressed.

Roll back one year to June of 2016. Andrew Hahn gets hired as full time coach over Brett Lumley. Lumley calls a secret meeting with the coaching stalwarts in the program like Malloy, McGuffin, DiNardo, and all, to control the narrative with this situation. This was, of course, before the official announcement was made. He knew he didn't get the job. I can only assume it was not to support Andrew Hahn, which essentially nobody did within the coaching staff at Windsor. This is Andrew Hahn mind you. Someone they all knew, respected, and coached with. They had traveled countless of kilometres with, been involved with his wedding, and family, and kids. This was a friend of the program through and through. At the end of the day not one of the Richard Johnstons, Gary Malloys, David McGuffins, Kevin DiNardos, and so on supported Andrew. No one. No one returned his calls. No one offered congratulations. No one asked what can I do moving forward. Why couldn't/didn't the coaching staff support Andrew?

What is different? What is so different now? How are these people going to lawyer their way to support Colin, someone who moved on ten years plus ago to another program, rather then support Andrew who lived in Windsor. Someone who still actively volunteered at the meets and whatnot.

Maybe they aren't supporting Colin Inglis either. It seemed as if it had to be Brett, or nothing with the lot.

Sorry Windsor, and especially to their coaches, there is a long road ahead. Get it together.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #13 

"Who is taking over York?"

Quote comment
  • southwest User since:
    Mar 10th, 2010
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #14 

southwest said 1 week ago

"Who is taking over York?"

According to the York web site, Raymond Rudder has been named interim head coach.

Quote comment
  • k-farr User since:
    Apr 2nd, 2015
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #15 

K Farr said 1 week ago

Lumley's Twitter seems to be showing support

Quote comment
  • buddy User since:
    Jun 8th, 2015
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #16 

Buddy said 1 week ago

good news

This post was edited by Buddy 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #17 

Where was the tweet last year

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #18 

"I think there is still problems in Lancer-Land unless something gets addressed.

Roll back one year to June of 2016. Andrew Hahn gets hired as full time coach over Brett Lumley. Lumley calls a secret meeting with the coaching stalwarts in the program like Malloy, McGuffin, DiNardo, and all, to control the narrative with this situation. This was, of course, before the official announcement was made. He knew he didn't get the job. I can only assume it was not to support Andrew Hahn, which essentially nobody did within the coaching staff at Windsor. This is Andrew Hahn mind you. Someone they all knew, respected, and coached with. They had traveled countless of kilometres with, been involved with his wedding, and family, and kids. This was a friend of the program through and through. At the end of the day not one of the Richard Johnstons, Gary Malloys, David McGuffins, Kevin DiNardos, and so on supported Andrew. No one. No one returned his calls. No one offered congratulations. No one asked what can I do moving forward. Why couldn't/didn't the coaching staff support Andrew?

What is different? What is so different now? How are these people going to lawyer their way to support Colin, someone who moved on ten years plus ago to another program, rather then support Andrew who lived in Windsor. Someone who still actively volunteered at the meets and whatnot.

Maybe they aren't supporting Colin Inglis either. It seemed as if it had to be Brett, or nothing with the lot.

Sorry Windsor, and especially to their coaches, there is a long road ahead. Get it together."

This has to be the best post on this subject. Hahn was Fairall's choice and looked what happened to him.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #19 

TheMaester said 1 week ago

As someone else wrote earlier and I have wrote before not all programs are equal. York does not support athletic programs and it is not a priority. Coaches at York essentially get whatever athlete falls into their lap because they can not aid athletes in admission standards. Colin was successful at York.

People that support Guelph fail to realize one thing. Windsor is not the best track city in the country for high school athletes but it is the best recruiting ground for Canadian schools. Of course with Toronto's larger population it has superior athletes, but most of those athletes go to the USA or are not going to complete 4-5 years at a Canadian University. Windsors top athletes tend to be OFSAA finalists that get accepted to Universities. These athletes will begin staying in Windsor again and Windsor will see this payoff in 2-3 years.

I do not know enough about this Andy situation and find these rumors hard to believe. I know many of the coaches, and they are friends with myself and Andy and I do not believe they would do this to him. I don't know a single person that dislikes Andy. He's a good guy, a good coach and none of us know the entire story. I've asked countless other alumni and not a single person knows what truly happened and likewise with Colin, I have never heard anyone say a negative word about him and every alumni I have spoken with are very pleased with this selection.

Windsor is in good hands, Success starts at the top, Havey made a good decision last year, he made another good decision this year.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #20 

normal human being said 1 week ago

"I think there is still problems in Lancer-Land unless something gets addressed.

Sorry Windsor, and especially to their coaches, there is a long road ahead. Get it together."

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING YOUR INFORMATION? This is furthest from Johnstons, Malloys, McGuffins, DiNardos, ect.. characters... you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Being a Lancer during this time I know for a fact this is a joke...

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #21 

The handling of the situation last year by Brett (initially) and SOME of the assistant coaches was not ideal, however I can assure you that this year will be, and is different. Also, don't lump all coaches into that pool. I know many of the coaches very well and I can tell you that there was a lot of support for Andy last year from multiple coaches, however I won't say any names. Some did not, however, that was because they felt Brett had been cheated, not because they didn't think Andy was capable. If you knew the program, you would realize that Andy's hire was actually in the best interest of a few of the coaches.. ANYWAYS. Things are different now, that's all I'm going to say. Colin is going to be welcomed, and a lot of the athletes and coaches are happy to see someone selected from the CIS pool. Whether that be Brett or Colin.

I don't think many people realize that Andy's wife just had another child not that long ago.. (3rd child) And not to mention that Andy has an unreal job at the school board as a full time teacher and a pension.. Taking the 3 year contract as Head Coach was a much higher risk move... I think it was just a perfect storm of things that led to Andy saying.. you know what, fuck this, I'll have more time for my kids and wife this way anyways this way. Plus summers off still.

So.. before you speak too out of line, know your details. Windsor has a strong heart and will continue to in the future under Colin as well. Colin did great things with York with limited #s of people.. So imagine what he'll do when he needs to make cuts to a 120 person crew come December in Windsor.

Quote comment
  • ghewick User since:
    Jul 14th, 2017
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #22 

GHewick said 1 week ago

Time will tell. As an alumni I would have supported Brett or Colin (both having had prior involvement in the history, success and culture of the program). These are extremely tough shoes to fill.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #23 

anonymous said 1 week ago

honestly all windsor has to do to get back on top is a few promotion videos with alumnus trenhall. Google him, dudes tearing it up in hollywood, few meet n greets with recruits, bring him to ofsaa put him on the jumbotron sayin where it all began oleyyyy oleyyy oleyyy oleyyy what recruit could say no to that..gotta think about a career after track too...noone else can offer this

Quote comment
  • kevin-benner User since:
    Jul 5th, 2017
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #24 

Kevin .Benner said 4 days ago

Colin Inglis is one of our best coaches in this sport, he will continue in the tradition of Dennis Fairall. Colin himself is a decorated sprinter/hurdler, combined this with having worked at Windsor early in his career under Dennis and then growing into a strong coach at York U for many years. He successfully ran the Pan Am games last summer as Meet Director, he has the pedigree no question.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #25 

Anonymous said 4 days ago

Quoting: Kevin .Benner
    "Colin Inglis is one of our best coaches in this sport, he will continue in the tradition of Dennis Fairall. Colin himself is a decorated sprinter/hurdler, combined this with having worked at Windsor early in his career under Dennis and then growing into a strong coach at York U for many years. He successfully ran the Pan Am games last summer as Meet Director, he has the pedigree no question."

Sounds like exciting times for Windsor. He must have worked with some outstanding athletes during his time at York. Who are some of the greatest?

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Image Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1