Mar 29th at 23:59 (Eastern Time)
The Performance Coach certification is for coaches who are actively coaching year round, 40 or more weeks a year and 5-10 sessions a week. The athletes they are responsible for are competing at the Canada Summer Games level or higher. The training for this course is event group focused. The main focus of this course is annual planning, periodization and is an introduction to international competition.
Requirements for Performance Coach
- Current member of Athletics Ontario or other provincial branch or Athletics Ontario
- Yearly Training Plan
- You will be required to complete all pre-requisite e-learning modules (4-5 hours) prior to attending the course
- Club coach (Level 2) Certified or in the process of completion
Coaches will also need to complete some multi-sport modules through the Coaches Association of Canada (CAC). It is recommended that these courses be done prior to the weekend course.
- Managing Conflict (4 hours and the online evaluation)
- Leading Drug Free Sport (3.5 hours and the online evaluation)
- Make Ethical Decisions (3 hours and the online evaluation)
182 Bagot St.
April 11-14th, 2019
Learning Facilitator: Brant Stachel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE: Athletics Ontario reserves the right to cancel or reschedule NCCP coaching courses based on attendance numbers. Participants will be notified of cancellation at least one week in advance of the course date.
* All prices in CAD $