2018 AUS Cross Country Predictions

Show Original Post
  • blogsquad User since:
    Sep 1st, 2018
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #26 

BlogSquad said 6 days ago

Quoting: Cyriously, Fuller?
    "So... I think the Stfx 2016 cross country reunions will be a bit heated from now on eh??"

Wait till the Runners of the Dub comes out, I heard rumors that Cyr is brewing up a strom with his next narrative adventure

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 15
    Report    REPLY #27 

Alex Cyr said 6 days ago

Quoting: BlogSquad
    "Wait till the Runners of the Dub comes out, I heard rumors that Cyr is brewing up a strom with his next narrative adventure"

“This race was fun to watch! Oh and this one was fun to watch too!”

Quote comment
  • rembrandt User since:
    Mar 2nd, 2015
    thumbs_up 16
    Report    REPLY #28 

Rembrandt said 5 days ago

Quoting: Oldster
    "2.5 years ago, yet you're still posting from the same account, and doing the same tired shtick. I would have been willing to move on if you had. And then there's the fact the I now know exactly who you are-- a coward who anonymously takes his frustration over his own personal and athletic failures out on better athletes (and people) than himself. About what I suspected at the time.

If we could get one member of every team to write a memoir like Alex's we might be able to purge much of the anonymous douchbaggery out of Trackie, because I suspect most of it is coming from guys like you."

Steve - you are a CIS head coach - take the higher road. Some of your comment was ok; some was blatant cyberbullying (this part: "a coward who anonymously takes his frustration ... out on better people than himself"). Two wrongs don't make a right. Edit your comment. You could deal with this through more legitimate avenues if you wanted to.

Quote comment
  • dragonslayer-69 User since:
    Jun 17th, 2016
    thumbs_up 11
    Report    REPLY #29 

DragonSlayer_69 said 2 days ago

well things seem tense here, might as well break this tension with preds from everyones favourite Dragon Slayer.
    Mens:
    1. Andrew Peverill (SMU): This little wolf pup is finally ready to shine, and whats the shiniest thing on earth? That's right, gold. He also looks skinny so that's good.
    2. Angus Rawling (St.FX): The pretty boy of the AUS. He looks skinny which i'm sure will help him over the 10 kilometre distance.
    3. Michael Colford (UNB): What a sweetheart. He's got his eyes on the prize this year after coming off of a great summer of work. Must have started focusing on diet because he looks skinny.
    4. Bryn Smith (DAL): The Brit from across the pond misses the podium, but gains something all more valuable: Canadian Citizenship. Yes, believe it or not, by attaining rookie of the year, Bryn will be granted citizenship. Also don't know what they're feeding them in the United Kingdom, but this kid is SKINNY.
    5. Lee Wesselius (UPEI): After having to watch his bronze medal team slip from glory, coach Wesselius is going to STEP UP. However, his dreams of a medal will once again slip out of his chubby hands. idk he's a nice guy so lets just give UPEI the bronze again this year.
    6. Alex Neuffer (St.FX): PEI's golden boy has had one too many potatoes, and in turn, put on 12 pounds. This weight will be directly correlated with him being unable to roll with the lead pack over 10k. Maybe if he had followed the Rawling diet things woulda been different.
    7. James Cromack (DAL): If I had to summarize this young bull in two words it would be: Skinny and Skinnier. Dal's big pick up of the 2017 season will prove to be one of the most challenging runners to take down, as he leads the race through 7k. I guess being skinny can only get you so far (7k to be exact).

Team title: St. Fx
    Runner up: UNB
    Bronze: UPEI

This post was edited by DragonSlayer_69 2 days ago . 
    Quote comment
  • oldster User since:
    Sep 25th, 2013
    thumbs_up 13
    Report    REPLY #30 

Oldster said 2 days ago

Quoting: Rembrandt
    "Steve - you are a CIS head coach - take the higher road. Some of your comment was ok; some was blatant cyberbullying (this part: "a coward who anonymously takes his frustration ... out on better people than himself"). Two wrongs don't make a right. Edit your comment. You could deal with this through more legitimate avenues if you wanted to."

You have the privilege of knowing I"m a CIS coach only because I, unlike you, don't post anonymously.

I have a proposition for you: You tell me exactly who you are and why you care, and "AUS Scout" makes a full apology to Alex Wilkie (could be private, I don't care), and I promise to edit my comment. Deal?

And "cyberbullying"? That's rich! I don't recall you riding in on your high horse when "AUS Scout" was anonymously mocking Alex Wilkie after his CIS career ending injury.

Quote comment
  • big-pappi User since:
    Oct 14th, 2018
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #31 

BIG PAPPI said 2 days ago

Here's some preds from the new kid on the block: BIG PAPPI
    1. Angus Rawling: FITTEST
    2. Andrew Peverill: FITTER
    3. Alex Neuffer FIT
    4. Bryn Smith: fit
    5. Paul MacLellan: The beard wins a medal of its own
    6. Levi Moulton who is this b'y
    7. Trent Lynds: name someone skinnier, ill wait
    8. James Cromack: Dude can run
    9. Michael Colford: Summer of Mileage
    10. Hudson Grimshaw-Surrette: Keeps up with the big boys for 8x his usually distance

Quote comment
  • cantstop User since:
    Oct 15th, 2018
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #32 

cantstop said 2 days ago

Quoting: Oldster
    "AUS Scout makes a full apology to Alex Wilkie (could be private, I don't care), and I promise to edit my comment. Deal? I don't recall you riding in on your high horse when "AUS Scout" was anonymously mocking Alex Wilkie after his CIS career ending injury."

Didn't this whole thing happen because Oldster made some kind of online bet that Wilkie would beat all the AUS guys at U Sports? Then Matt McNeil (an AUS guy) ended up finishing near the front of the pack while Wilkie had an extremely off day. Wasn't AUS Scout just mocking the fact that oldster was wrong and an AUS guy destroyed Wilkie (before he or anyone else knew why Wilkie finished so badly)?

This post was edited by cantstop 2 days ago . 
    Quote comment
  • aus-scout User since:
    Sep 15th, 2015
    thumbs_up 16
    Report    REPLY #33 

AUS Scout said 2 days ago

Directed to: Steve Boyd and Alex Wilkie

It looks like the time has come for me to talk about the post I made regarding Wilkie. I am sorry to you Steve, for the post where I chirped Wilkie's performance, and questioned why he didn't run well. Alex, I also apologize for those comments I made in my post. Looking back now, I definitely took things too far, and the post may have came off as hostile and ill advised. Initially when I made the post I wasn't thinking about any of the consequences. I made it merely on the spot, and didn't think much of it. I realise know Steve, that you get deeply attached to your athletes, and seeing that post likely infuriated you.

In the fall of 2015 leading up to CIS Nationals,, there was a lot of hype going on the boards regarding CIS XC predictions. People were hyping up the OUA, people were hyping up the AUS. There were bets laid out as well. Steve, you have to admit that you downplayed the AUS, accused it of underperforming, and thought Matt would lose to Wilkie. You seemed very confident that Wilkie would beat Matt, and AUS supporters thought Matt would beat Wilkie vice versa. When I made that post, in all seriousness I just did it to support the AUS, and prove you wrong since Matt defeated Wilkie. I knew part of Wilkie's off race was attributed to his injury, but I had no idea the severity of his injury. I thought it was a minor injury and didn't know it would be a career ending injury. My motive for posting was to make a point as well as chirp you for overhyping the OUA. Under no circumstances was I trying to make fun of Wilkie's injury, which is how it has been interpreted.

I hope this clears some things up, although the bridge is likely still burned

From

AUS Scout

This post was edited by AUS Scout 2 days ago . 
    Quote comment
  • oldster User since:
    Sep 25th, 2013
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #34 

Oldster said 2 days ago

Quoting: AUS Scout
    "Directed to: Steve Boyd and Alex Wilkie

It looks like the time has come for me to talk about the post I made regarding Wilkie. I am sorry to you Steve, for the post where I chirped Wilkie's performance, and questioned why he didn't run well. Alex, I also apologize for those comments I made in my post. Looking back now, I definitely took things too far, and the post may have came off as hostile and ill advised. Initially when I made the post I wasn't thinking about any of the consequences. I made it merely on the spot, and didn't think much of it. I realise know Steve, that you get deeply attached to your athletes, and seeing that post likely infuriated you.

In the fall of 2015 leading up to CIS Nationals,, there was a lot of hype going on the boards regarding CIS XC predictions. People were hyping up the OUA, people were hyping up the AUS. There were bets laid out as well. Steve, you have to admit that you downplayed the AUS, accused it of underperforming, and thought Matt would lose to Wilkie. You seemed very confident that Wilkie would beat Matt, and AUS supporters thought Matt would beat Wilkie vice versa. When I made that post, in all seriousness I just did it to support the AUS, and prove you wrong since Matt defeated Wilkie. I knew part of Wilkie's off race was attributed to his injury, but I had no idea the severity of his injury. I thought it was a minor injury and didn't know it would be a career ending injury. My motive for posting was to make a point as well as chirp you for overhyping the OUA. Under no circumstances was I trying to make fun of Wilkie's injury, which is how it has been interpreted.

I hope this clears some things up, although the bridge is likely still burned

From

AUS Scout"

Thank you. Apology accepted (by me-- I think Alex has moved on).

Now, let's hear from this "Rembrandt" guy. When he tells me who he is, I will remove or edit my original post and you guys can get on with your AUS stuff.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitoldster User since:
    Sep 25th, 2013
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #35 

Oldster said 2 days ago

Quoting: cantstop
    "Didn't this whole thing happen because Oldster made some kind of online bet that Wilkie would beat all the AUS guys at U Sports? Then Matt McNeil (an AUS guy) ended up finishing near the front of the pack while Wilkie had an extremely off day. Wasn't AUS Scout just mocking the fact that oldster was wrong and an AUS guy destroyed Wilkie (before he or anyone else knew why Wilkie finished so badly)?"

For the record, I bet that the OUA champ (in this case he happened to be my own athlete) would beat the AUS champ, because that is almost universally the case at CIS. In the end, the OUA champ's ultimately CIS career ending injury blew up and led to a 34th place finish-- almost unprecedented for an OUA champ. But, the OUA silver and bronze medalists went 1-2 and the AUS champ (one of the best in a while) finished 6th. I also predicted that a very good but not winning OUA guy (Blair Morgan) could beat this AUS champ. He didn't, but he was 1 second back of him. I say all of this to highlight the absurdity of my having been "chirped" by AUS Scout (or anyone else) on the basis of my predictions, the broad context of which was AUS versus OUA historical performance. I like the spirit of the AUS guys (even more so after having read Alex's fine little book); but, to seriously question this empirical reality was just silly, and eventually lead to one of you taking a friendly, event-promoting rivalry WAY too far. And why? Anonymity. It's toxic.

This post was edited by Oldster 2 days ago . 
    Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1