SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:

You are viewing page of 2.

Discussion Forum >>

TrackieReg - Free Online Registration for pretty much anything!
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 0
Report  ORIGINAL

anonymous said 5 months ago

2018 NACAC U18

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #26 

Anonymous said 3 weeks ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "anyone know anything?
    If not cancelled then any guesses on when the qualification deadline is gonna be?"

I asked a member of the coaching staff. They know nothing. I am quite sure this meet is going to be cancelled.

Quote comment
  • sub49 User since:
    Apr 3rd, 2016
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #27 

sub49 said 3 weeks ago

http://athletics.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/2018-Staffing-List-Final-EN-.pdf

This document suggests that it is tentatively scheduled for June 21-23.

I would be surprised if the meet is cancelled altogether, seeing as it is the selection trials for the Youth Olympic Games later in the year, and NACAC would have to quickly come up with some other way of selecting their Youth Olympic athletes without this meet.

However, if members of the coaching staff do not even know what is going on, that is not a good sign...

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #28 

I’m starting to get a little worried since the athletes that I coach who I would have vying for spots on this team have supposedly received emails from the Canadian Olympic Committee that they are “long-listed” for the Youth Olympic team pending qualifying marks and to declare/register by a certain date. Anyone else seen something like this? We weren’t sure if it was a scam (it asked for some pretty in depth info) or not an no one has replied to us. Which leads me to believe that no one has a clue what’s going on at AC...

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #29 

I got the same email too regarding a few of my athletes. Still waiting to hear from AC. Traditionally, AC is horrible at getting back to athletes and coaches who are not within the "circle".

Quote comment
  • triplejump-professor User since:
    Dec 20th, 2016
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #30 

triplejump professor said 3 weeks ago

"I’m starting to get a little worried since the athletes that I coach who I would have vying for spots on this team have supposedly received emails from the Canadian Olympic Committee that they are “long-listed” for the Youth Olympic team pending qualifying marks and to declare/register by a certain date. Anyone else seen something like this? We weren’t sure if it was a scam (it asked for some pretty in depth info) or not an no one has replied to us. Which leads me to believe that no one has a clue what’s going on at AC..."

I have confirmed with AC that this email is indeed "legit". I received the same email, and, had the same reservations.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #31 

Why not call Sandy?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #32 

unfair said 3 weeks ago

Quoting: triplejump professor
    "I have confirmed with AC that this email is indeed "legit". I received the same email, and, had the same reservations."

This is unfair to only email some people and not make information public.
    Everyone deserves a fair chance to try out for this team but if you are in a small club and don't live in ontario then it seems like you don't have a chance even if you can run the times.
    i didn't get any email so can someone PLEASE post what the qualifying period is and who to email. i have looked at everything on athletics canada website but there are no dates.
    i feel sick right now, this is so unfair that they only contact the favorite people and don't have any public information.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #33 

Quoting: sub49
    "http://athletics.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/2018-Staffing-List-Final-EN-.pdf

This document suggests that it is tentatively scheduled for June 21-23.

I would be surprised if the meet is cancelled altogether, seeing as it is the selection trials for the Youth Olympic Games later in the year, and NACAC would have to quickly come up with some other way of selecting their Youth Olympic athletes without this meet.

However, if members of the coaching staff do not even know what is going on, that is not a good sign..."

This link would indicate that they have moved it to Columbia for the end of June. The other link on the AC website says that it's in Costa Rica in July. If they are looking to select a team traveling at the end of June, you'd have to think that the qualifying deadline will be end of May. This is ridiculous and very typical of AC. Has anyone else tried contacting members of the coaching/support staff? Someone must have some information!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #34 

Quoting: unfair
    "This is unfair to only email some people and not make information public.
    Everyone deserves a fair chance to try out for this team but if you are in a small club and don't live in ontario then it seems like you don't have a chance even if you can run the times.
    i didn't get any email so can someone PLEASE post what the qualifying period is and who to email. i have looked at everything on athletics canada website but there are no dates.
    i feel sick right now, this is so unfair that they only contact the favorite people and don't have any public information."

This!👌👌👌

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #35 

Quoting: unfair
    "This is unfair to only email some people and not make information public.
    i feel sick right now, this is so unfair that they only contact the favorite people and don't have any public information."

Unfair- I’m pretty sure the email addresses were pulled directly from the AC database based on results and distance from the standards and have nothing to do with club size or Province. Or at least that was what I can figure out looking at my team. (Which is under 20 athletes, but these guys/girls are all past medalists at the National Level). I don’t have a copy, just what they showed me at practice. It looked like a fairly standard “please declare” form to me. Link for that is on the AC site under “National Teams”. Making a team would be based on your results and the standards have been posted since Oct/Nov

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #36 

I agree that this meet is likely cancelled or changed, which means AC better get on communication fast. There is no NACAC U-18 on the NACAC website, but there is now a World Youth Olympic Qualifier in Cali Columbia June 21-23. You would think the qualification window would be coming up fast, considering it’s almost April.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #37 

Anonymous said 2 weeks ago

Could they partner this meet with NACAC Sr in Toronto

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #38 

"Could they partner this meet with NACAC Sr in Toronto"

NACAC is a disaster at all levels, this is the only solution that makes sense

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #39 

Wasn't the NACAC Championship hosted in Kamloops a few years ago? Kamloops for god sake are you kidding me?? It drew parents and teammates to watch. Complete waste of time and money.

Quote comment
  • trackfanstl User since:
    Oct 6th, 2014
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #40 

trackfanstl said 1 week ago

Athletics Canada posted an update this past Tuesday. The relevant dates and the criteria are set.

Competition date: June 21 to 23

Qualification Period: April 1 2018 to June 10 2018
    Declaration Deadline: June 10
    Selection Date: June 11
    Depart Canada: June 18

http://athletics.ca/update-nacac-u18-championships/#sthash.6zD9CjeS.6oy3alpe.dpbs

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #41 

anonymous said 4 days ago

Quoting: trackfanstl
    "Athletics Canada posted an update this past Tuesday. The relevant dates and the criteria are set.

Competition date: June 21 to 23

Qualification Period: April 1 2018 to June 10 2018
    Declaration Deadline: June 10
    Selection Date: June 11
    Depart Canada: June 18

http://athletics.ca/update-nacac-u18-championships/#sthash.6zD9CjeS.6oy3alpe.dpbs"

DONT BOOK ANY FLIGHTS OR HOTELS… IT LOOKES LIKE THE LOCATION FOR THE U18 MEET HAS CHANGED, TO MANAGUA NICARAGUA…….

http://www.athleticsnacac.org/calendar/

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1