Anonymous said 1 month ago

Andy McInnis and Ken Porter suspended by AC

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #251 

lion alum said 3 days ago

Quoting: Master2B
    "Where does it say the AC CEO is invited but not confirmed? The only reference to a CEO mentioned is Paul Osland, CEO of Athletics Ontario and the statement says he is providing an update on safe sport initiatives.

If you have concerns about the board election process, why don't you speak directly to Nathlie Cote?"

If i was in the country and not on the other side of the world, sure I would. I saw this when i got up in the morning. As well read the entire statement where it says AC is invited, nothing is confirmed from that statement.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #252 

Anonymous said 3 days ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Hold on here.....

The Acting President is going to appoint a nominating committee to decide who can run to be on the Board of Directors? Are you kidding me?

Here's an idea Mr. Acting President.......let anyone who wants to run for a position run and let the membership decide who they want to vote for. That's what we call a democratic system not your plan of we will decide which people you can vote for.

OMG...your old boys club attitude is what got you into this mess now you are going right back to the same situation.

You call this fair, democratic and an open selection process?"

Anonymous - Thanks for the chime in. Although their gender is absolutely irrelevant to the position you could at least try and get it correct (reading all the way to the end of their note helps).

Also, a nomination committee is far from undemocratic - stop trying to gaslight the issue - and in this instance should be consider a good thing (regardless of whether or not it seems a tad on the over-kill side).

Nathalie et al are, and in the context of the commissioner’s report, doing what they believe to be in the best interest of both the athletes and the club itself
    over the long-term.

If this is the check they wish to put in place to assist in their process so be it. Play by the rules, put your credentials forward, build your case and stand for a position in the general election in accordance to process.

Once elected advocate for your change in accordance to the mandate, scope of authority as laid out in the terms of reference.

This is how functional democracy in a non-profit board setting typically works.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #253 

Anonymous said 3 days ago

"Anonymous - Thanks for the chime in. Although their gender is absolutely irrelevant to the position you could at least try and get it correct (reading all the way to the end of their note helps).

Also, a nomination committee is far from undemocratic - stop trying to gaslight the issue - and in this instance should be consider a good thing (regardless of whether or not it seems a tad on the over-kill side).

Nathalie et al are, and in the context of the commissioner’s report, doing what they believe to be in the best interest of both the athletes and the club itself
    over the long-term.

If this is the check they wish to put in place to assist in their process so be it. Play by the rules, put your credentials forward, build your case and stand for a position in the general election in accordance to process.

Once elected advocate for your change in accordance to the mandate, scope of authority as laid out in the terms of reference.

This is how functional democracy in a non-profit board setting typically works."

how do I downvote a comment?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #254 

Anon said 2 days ago

"how do I downvote a comment?"

Wow, just wow.

The process in place is there to help stop a problem before it happens.

It’s called vetting applicants in advance. This is happening more now than ever for anyone wanting to be on boards for non-profits.

Would an applicant agree to the following actions?
    1. Open access to social media accounts – Don’t want to get caught after the fact by a
    Facebook, Instagram or Twitter post that could be offensive in any manner. We see this
    more and more now where a tweet from 5-6 years ago can have negative results.
    2. Have them take to Respect in Sport course in advance
    3. Vulnerable Sector Police Check – Although as we can all agree this only works for
    people who have been convicted
    4. A list of qualifications – Doesn’t have to be sport related either, could be finance, social
    worker, management experience, etc., other board experience. Really what they hope to
    bring to the table to further a safe environment for all.

I would be suspicious of them and their intentions if they would not.

After everything listed in the report I would be surprised that most of the clubs would not go this route.

Especially in this day and age of information on demand and ability to spread non-truths so quickly you need to be in a position to defend on demand and not be stuck looking for answers.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #255 

Anonymous said 2 days ago

There was a section in the Marin report where he recommends AC revise the policy on coaches massaging athletes. I hope AC and Safe Sport get finally get this straightened out. The entire scandal would never have happened if coaches massaging athletes was prohibited in the first place.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #256 

Anonymous said 1 day ago

"This is a situation that needs air. No reason not to publish these reports in full. It's a lesson to others who may find themselves in such situations to do the right thing."

I think you misunderstood my statement. I'm talking about people who were not involved in the situation. Not consulted by Marin, but their names were published in the report in a negative manner. No chance to even comment on the situation one way or another. In what world is this okay? What lesson are they learning?

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1