Nov 2nd, 2019
Justin Cleveau said 2 weeks ago
One last prediction on the eve of the big day. This will be short and sweet as I still have to meet with the ethics commissioner, destroy Canada's economy, and drink out of paper drink box water bottle sorta things.
1. Jaiveer "the real brown lightning" Tiwana: I see a commanding victory for Tiwana tomorrow in a race that will solidify him as BC's top distance recruit this year. Lightning will definitely strike and I'm thinking it's gonna be brown. Don't worry I won't wear it on my face tomorrow.
2. Dylan "Cleverunner" Ulrich- Some pretty questionable celly's from this guy in races that mean next to nothing. Can't ignore the improvements he's made tho, I see a minor(ity) celly for him tomorrow. Just like my government, a minority.
3. Jeremiah "the fisherman" Mackie- Can't deny the Mackie blood in this guy. He will fish his way to a BC XC senior medal, something his brother had ripped away by a lowly tree root. With my climate change plan we will look at addressing this protruding root issue.
4. Matti "XXX the return of Xander Cage" Erickson: This guy is a monster on the track but I see him coming just short of the podium. He does have a junior boys title to his name and with his kick, anything could happen.
5. Jonah "Lowly" Brost- Who is this guy? Well he ran up in the junior race at clubs and won it all. While most of the field was dealing with "classic" Calgary weather he snagged a medal that means next to nothing. I'm looking for a big performance from this guy to solidify him as one of the best.
6. Keaton "the Cultivator" Heisterman- Known for his pink shorts and hair that may just be better than mine. He'll come in a decent 6th position.
7. Fraser "the dude" Van Allen- Is it just me or does this guy look and sound like Nico Aron? He's gonna need a big race to crack the top 5.
8. Gage "my name is at the bottom of every list" Zannette- I don't know what St. Paul was thinking with this nickname. Just weak.
9. John "Mr Worldwide" Gay- After a long track season that ended in a sub par meet in Doha, I see Gay barely cracking the top 10. Wouldn't be surprised if I saw him warming up in a bald cap and tux, jamming out to "Hotel room service" before the race.
10. Michael "Aiden Riley" Miller- Rumor is that this guy is a cousin of the Miller twins at UBC. He'll round out the top 10 with a typical Miller kick at the end of the race.
11. Some kid from the north- St Paul had it bang on with this one. It happens every year.
Good luck to all the cleves racing tomorrow. Justin Cleveau will be watching.This post was edited by Justin Cleveau 2 weeks ago .Quote comment
May 3rd, 2018
BCBud said 2 weeks agoQuoting: Justin Cleveau
"One last prediction on the eve of the big day. This will be short and sweet as I still have to meet with the ethics commissioner, destroy Canada's economy, and drink out of paper drink box water bottle sorta things.."
Incredible take. You truly think John Gay will only be 9th? I suspect this is his year to win it Quote comment
Nov 2nd, 2019
Justin Cleveau said 2 weeks agoQuoting: BCBud
"Incredible take. You truly think John Gay will only be 9th? I suspect this is his year to win it"
The combination of his extensive season ending in Doha and the fact he has been recently been taking up role playing as a mystery man named “Mr. 305” lead me to believe he hasn’t been training enough heading into this race. Quote comment
Oct 28th, 2019
St. Paul said 2 weeks ago
Incoming race recap, but first some disclaimers.Quote comment
Congrats to all those who competed. Some really exciting races and a great atmosphere. Abbotsford is a spectator friendly venue and it will be exciting to see ACXC in a couple of weeks. We all know there will be complaints about the length of the course; but, cross country is about racing not about times so get over it.
Second, this little rumour that high schools are headed back to Kelowna seems all but confirmed. Not a fan. Not spectator friendly and borderline dangerous for athletes, I’d like to see this looked at for next year. The grind to talent ratio on that course is F’d.
Now onto the recap.
First I’ll be handing out the real medals. Best looks of BCHS XC 2019:
Gold: Keaton “the Cultivator" Heisterman. We all knew we’d see the pink shorts… but a mullet? Absolute beauty. Love to see it.
Silver: Jacob “Statefarm” Wadwhani. Bleach blonde hair. Nothing else to say. Pro tip: add some more toner to get the J-Biebs look.
Bronze: Jonah “Lowly” Brost. I saw this man rocking the ole fedora post race. A+
In typical high school fashion the senior boys went out extremely fast over the first mile but a group of 20ish athletes seemed to settle in nicely. With about 2k to go Jonah “Lowly” Brost broke the pack wide open stretching it out. Coming up the final hill Jaiveer “the real brown lightning” Tiwana unleashed a kick and straight manhandled the rest of the field cruising to the finish. Clearly the class of the field. Places are as follows.
1. Jaiveer “the real brown lightning” Tiwana. Like I said Scott Kent has this thing figured out. 2 years in a row with a BCHS XC champ and lots of others polluting the top 20. Impressive stuff.
2. Keaton “the Cultivator” Heisterman. Word on the street is that he wanted to drop at 1k. Can’t do that. He toughed it out and found his way onto the podium. Great result.
3. Jonah “Lowly” Brost. I see some of my peers doubted the abilities of Lowly but he delivered. Gutsy race from the kid.
4. Jacob “Statefarm” Wadwhani. Three out of the top four earn medals for best looks. Correlation does equal causation.
5. Joe “Iron Curtain” Curtis. Stalin is indeed proud.
6. Gage "my name is at the bottom of every list” Zanette. He more than muscled his way to a top ten finish, almost cracked the top 5.
7. Dylan “cleverunner” Ulrich. Didn’t have it over the last 2k. He’ll be ready to go come ACXC and will want to go out there and prove something.
8. Keagan “Rusty Fence” Ingram. Kelowna counts as the north right?
9. Jeremiah “the Fisherman” Mackie. Another guy who was out with the leaders but just didn’t quite have it over the last 2k. I’ll be looking for him at ACXC as well.
10. Daniel “the Omen” Damian. Never should have slept on the island champ. Learn you lesson kids. Eat your breakfast so you can grow up big and strong like Alex Caruso.
11. Finn “Child of the Corn” Longhurst. ‘wack attack.
12. Jacob “I don’t have friends, I have Family” Bonokowski. RIP Paul Walker.
13. Michael “Riley Aiden” Miller. Millers BLEED purple.
14. Tyler “clevewalker” Wilson. Racewalker comes out and crushes the XC course. To those he beat, welcome to the club. There is no shame in losing to a race walker. I think.
15. Matti “XXX: The Return of Xander Cage” Erickson. Happy to report no splits over half tights. Still, tough race. He took it out from the gun and fell apart later into the race. He’ll be back with a vengeance come track season.
16. Fraser “the Dude” Van Allen. This is not ‘nam. This is cross country. There are rules.
17. Riordan “2012” Miya. Second time the Mayan calendar has lied to me. I’m starting to think this thing might be BS… solid race from @ricerunner though.
Anonymous said 2 weeks ago
How short was the course? ACXC needs to be a proper distanceQuote comment
Jun 7th, 2016
Anonymous said 2 weeks agoQuoting: Anonymous
"How short was the course? ACXC needs to be a proper distance"
Xc is about winning not time. Read the course guidelines they are never exactly the stated distance of 10k or whatever,. Get over it Quote comment
Anonymous said 2 weeks agoQuoting: BCBoi
"Judging purely from the GPS uploads from some athletes, the course measured quite true to distance (GPS 4.8-4.9km, distance was meant to be 5km). Hopefully they'll use the same loop come AC's"
It will be exactly the same Quote comment
Everything you want to know about Canadian track & field, x-country and road racing.Enter Trackie.ca