Ash said 3 weeks ago

Canadian Team Announced for 2019 IAAF World Championships

Show Original Post
  • rayraycanuck User since:
    Feb 1st, 2006
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #101 

rayraycanuck said 1 week ago

Ok now that the conversations on anon have been discussed let's talk about negative discussion instead of proper discuss. Do not call anyone down badly even if anonymous. People come on an maintain anonymity for various reasons. Understandable. To those that say a login at the least keep a consistent one. Too lazy to login. I bring up negative now pasted anonymous because it has excited years with athletics. How do you think the sport progesseyses all around top to bottom if know wants to be on the same page. Athletics like Football/Soccer is one of the most easily accessible sports in Canada. But agreement must be on. I don't see anything besides run jump throw which besides athletes was a disaster. Depending on more Pierce L. Royal Bank

Quote comment
    Feb 1st, 2006
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #102 

Apologise. I can't change spelling mistakes and auto correct is an ass. You try cell edit here it half screen.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #103 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Yeah but no one uses their real name either. Therefore it's still anonymous,."

It's not so much as even using your real name so much as it is to stand behind one name for multiple posts.. having a name to connect you from one post to another so their can be a history there..

It also lets you know who not to waste your time reading.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 8
    Report    REPLY #104 

Gramps said 1 week ago

Anyone else picture Ray as an 80 year old man raging on his Nokia while waiting in line at his corner store to check his daily 649 tickets?

Quote comment
  • oldster User since:
    Sep 25th, 2013
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #105 

Oldster said 1 week ago

Quoting: Mounty
    "Specifically which professions would get someone in "big trouble" for seeing that they participate in criticism and debate on Trackie? This forum is not full of dentists slandering other dentists, or even coaches slandering other coaches.

The kind of content you're talking about that would get someone in trouble would be the personal attacks typically coming from anonymous accounts. If someone has something important to say, and feels the need to be anonymous, they either have a good reason (see Steve's examples in reply #61), or it may indicate that something is wrong with what they're saying."

This.

And then there's the fact that the other dentist would have to have identified him/herself as as an actual dentist in the first place in order to prove that the first dentist (i.e. me) actually "slandered" (i.e. not just constructively criticized) him/her in a reply (unless you think this dentist has gratuitously "slandered" other dentists by name on this board...)

And this is my point: you cannot slander, or whatever, an anonymous message. An anonymous message is just text on a screen; we have no idea who or what produced it. That's the whole thing about anonymity: you get the privilege of saying whatever you like to anyone you like without fear of retribution, but you don't then get then get right to be personally offended (never mind to accuse someone of legal slander) by the response you might get. In other words, anonymous= not an actual person in the full sense, dentist or otherwise.

This post was edited by Oldster 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #106 

Certainly Not Skuj said 1 week ago

So....how about that team!!?

(Did G make her decision yet?)

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #107 

If G wins a medal in Doha, I’m going to shave my head.

Quote comment
    Feb 1st, 2006
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #108 

Rs

Quote comment
    Feb 1st, 2006
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #109 

Rayraycanuck is 47 watching track since a kid. Raging? Just bringing up various conversations that need to be addressed.. Again another comment that doesn't promote the sport. Yes Commenwealth and Universiade Edmonton. I was 6 years old. Raging no. Just laughing at comments. Easy going as they come..

Quote comment
    Feb 1st, 2006
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #110 

And no you Anon being pricks when some of us try to contribute Canadian Athletes results working hard. I want to give up results posting butI will not for athletes and coaches. I am 87 raging I guess

This post was edited by rayraycanuck 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
    Feb 1st, 2006
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #111 

Frankly this thread is all over the place and I posted some to provoke and bring out the haters that take this sport backwards. CBC Doug Harrison is doing a great job covering. All I am going to say is go on Anon and say something positive and constructive.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #112 

I respect Sasha Gollish on so many levels, as an athlete, and as a grad student in a traditionally male dominated area. Why do some of you dorks put her down ? Most of us on this forum love this sport, so what is your problem ? Enjoy the damn sport ! It is amazing, as a fan, coach, athlete, or x of all the above. Cherish this activity. I discovered it in 1956 in Melbourne. Pan Ams, Commonwealth, Olympics, Diamond League, World Champs, NCAA, Usports, AC Champs, OFSAA, whatever.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #113 

Team has been updated adding
    Ahbe, PV
    Cliff, 5000m
    Muir, 4x400m relays

Quote comment
  • ash User since:
    Aug 8th, 2014
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #114 

Ash said 1 week ago

"Team has been updated adding
    Ahbe, PV
    Cliff, 5000m
    Muir, 4x400m relays"

Thank you for the update! The revised list can be found here (team now stands at 52): https://athletics.ca/athletics-canada-names-2019-iaaf-world-championships-team/

Quote comment
  • lobster User since:
    Mar 17th, 2014
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #115 

Lobster said 1 week ago

That is great news about Ahbe, Cliff, and Muir. I would think that Abbe must be a French name, originally. I know that autocorrect, or spellcheck don’t like it.
    I think that we can count on all three, because of their experience. Was there litigation threatened, or started ?

Quote comment
    Feb 1st, 2006
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #116 

Carliine is master relay.

This post was edited by rayraycanuck 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #117 

Quoting: Lobster
    "That is great news about Ahbe, Cliff, and Muir. I would think that Abbe must be a French name, originally. I know that autocorrect, or spellcheck don’t like it.
    I think that we can count on all three, because of their experience. Was there litigation threatened, or started ?"

Litigation threatened? Do you mean the standard appeals process for all selections?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #118 

"Litigation threatened? Do you mean the standard appeals process for all selections?"

Litigation threatened? OMG this is Canada it takes 3-5 years to get a court date.

Quote comment
  • lobster User since:
    Mar 17th, 2014
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #119 

Lobster said 1 week ago

"Litigation threatened? Do you mean the standard appeals process for all selections?"

Well, once upon a time it was a free for all, with lawyers, etc. Seems much more civilized now, thankfully.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitrayraycanuck User since:
    Feb 1st, 2006
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #120 

Litigation ? Hmm For? The Ladies 4x400 not included are gone back to school who ran Pan Ams. Explain? Litigation for who to be included?

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1