Bi$$ said 1 month ago

CCAA discussion thread

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #26 

Anonymous said 2 weeks ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Agreed. If someone in Alberta is able to get a home grown contender, rather than importing ringers as I normally the case on the men's side, they deserve the credit."

Are you part of the Wexit movement? Sounds like it.

Quote comment
  • cummings User since:
    Apr 1st, 2006
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #27 

Cummings said 2 weeks ago

"Agreed. If someone in Alberta is able to get a home grown contender, rather than importing ringers as I normally the case on the men's side, they deserve the credit."

I get the sentiment, however I would argue the notion if you are referencing Chesoo in this case. Matt is very much a coach to this guy, and there is no way Leonard would have come as far as he has without the mentorship he has received from Norminton. Might not be born in Alberta, but I would definitely argue his success has been made possible because of the opportunities given to him in the province; and because of the people who have helped him get to where he is. He was good obviously, but an imported "ringer" not so sure...

And I am guessing Travaglini is someone who would be thought of in the debate too.

Both Chesoo and Travaglini were not hand picked by Alberta programs; they choose to move here and got their breakthroughs under the tutelage of the different systems they entered. Cherry-picking talent not so much...

Bertil's Kenyan pipeline in Lethbridge was also less of a talent search and more of a humanitarian mission if I am not mistaken. It just so happened that running was the line of contact that allowed those efforts to come to fruition. Recruiting runners WAS NOT the main goal.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/kenyan-runner-chases-canadian-dream

Quote comment
  • mattnorminton User since:
    Jan 13th, 2013
    thumbs_up 8
    Report    REPLY #28 

mattnorminton said 2 weeks ago

You mean like Marriya Jenkins? Vanessa Trofimenkoff? Kirk Sundt? Lesley Koopmans? Keiran McDonald? Alex Gordachuck? Jamie Wigmore? Mirelle Martins? Alex Harding? Jodi Sanguin? Jordanna Cota? Fiona Bensen? Jacques Sayman?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #29 

Chicken McFobberlitt said 2 weeks ago

Holy snaps yo - bro smart money's on that Fanshawe school because they are so good its like so totally crazy. Besides the supplemental vitamin intake producing off the sharts testosterone levels uppity up ups their speed by over 3005.75 miles/hour, they have also been like oh so totally dieting adequately and functionally eating "Er day evry day wheaties"... they also ch ch ch changed their running technique which is that fall - pull ratio aka figure 4 HOLY SHIT IDEA... also tutaloo manager of the ultimate Fanshawe Falcons hired their trainer to provide the Fanshawe team with nike free spikes with unlimited Ejaculation spring action as well as 6 carbon fiber plates in them bro they untoppable bro so they oh so totally going to win bru...

Quote comment
  • bi User since:
    Jan 9th, 2013
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #30 

Bi$$ said 2 weeks ago

Quoting: mattnorminton
    "You mean like Marriya Jenkins? Vanessa Trofimenkoff? Kirk Sundt? Lesley Koopmans? Keiran McDonald? Alex Gordachuck? Jamie Wigmore? Mirelle Martins? Alex Harding? Jodi Sanguin? Jordanna Cota? Fiona Bensen? Jacques Sayman?"

You missed Sophia Nowicki C'mon, Matt. Be better. :-)

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #31 

Loud mouth Mcgee said 1 week ago

HERE IS WHAT I THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN... IF I AM TO PUT MY SMART MONEY ON SOMEONE, IT WILL BE MY BOY WHO CANT GO WITHOUT MILK THAT IS SOY; WHO REPRESENTS THE ICONIC CALLOSUS OF CLOUT - HE IS THE INCREDIBLE KING OF STING AND TWILIGHT AS WELL AS YOUNG PROTEGE OF TWYLA THARP... HIS FAVORITE MOTHER BLEEPING INSTRUMENT? THE HARP...

HIS NAME IS LEONARDO CHESOO; GOLDEN BOY PRODUCTIONS OF THE ALBERTA COLLEGE ATHLETIC CONFERENCE WHO HAS EARN THE TITLE OF CROSS COUNTRY RUNNER OF THE YEAR... HE RECIEVED THE SILVER MEDAL LAST YEAR AND WAS ASKED ABOUT WHETHER IT MOTIVATED HIM OR NOT TO GET THE GOLD. HE STATED; "YES - I AM HUNGRY FOR THE GOLD AND I AM WILLING TO GIVE UP MY FORTH NUT TO DO IT."

WELL YOU HEARD IT FROM HIM AND NOW FROM ME AND YOU CAN THANK ME LATER BUT THE FOCUS ISN'T ON ME OR YOU; IT'S ON LEONARDO CHESOO YOU SELFISH ATTENTION WHORES.

I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT HE WILL WIN THE GOLD, ACHIEVE HONORS IN SCHOOL, AND WILL BE THE MALE RUNNER OF THE YEAR ONCE AGAIN.

SO FRIENDS, STEP ASIDE - BECAUSE IT IS LEONARD CHESSO'S TIME TO SHINE BABY - BRIGHTER THEN A DIAMOND.

BACK TO YOU CROSS COUNTRY UNIVERSE...

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #32 

OldnSlow said 1 week ago

I have it on good authority that some of the Fanshawe men rocked an inteeeeense workout this past Tuesday. Damn these boys are FIT.

1x2400m @ 6:31 lead, 6:40, 6:42, 6th man
    3x800 @ avg. 2:10
    4x200 @ avg. 27s

BRUH these times are naaaasty. Watch out, these boys are playing around, they are coming with a MEAN taper.

Gold tomorrow afternoon. BOOK IT.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #33 

One who was there said 1 week ago

Any thoughts, comments, feedback about the event?

Quote comment
  • mattnorminton User since:
    Jan 13th, 2013
    thumbs_up 15
    Report    REPLY #34 

mattnorminton said 1 week ago

Quoting: One who was there
    "Any thoughts, comments, feedback about the event?"

I thought the organizers did a great job in tough conditions to put on a top notch event. The course was great for spectators and was a good challenge for the athletes (a little bit of everything). I thought both the individual womens and mens races were exciting, I was truly in awe of Carter Free's unwillingness to give up! I thought he was done when Leonard surged after 2k and then again at 4k. Awesome battle between the two.

Congrats to everyone that took part and to the Lethbridge ladies and Fanshawe men for taking home the team titles.

Quote comment
  • bi User since:
    Jan 9th, 2013
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #35 

Bi$$ said 1 week ago

It's -14C, there's 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground, and it's snowing and blowing. And now we have Lenny and Carter (both clad in short shorts) just wailing on each other ovet 8 frozen and hilly kms. It doesn't get any better than that, sports fans.

The Fanshawe boys crushed the field. The women's individual individial and team races were both nailbiters. Fans were running around the course cheering on the runners.

Ya, it was truly one for the ages.

This post was edited by Bi$$ 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitbi User since:
    Jan 9th, 2013
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #36 

Bi$$ said 1 week ago

Here's an unofficial video that captures the vibe of the event ... at least from the home team's perspective.

https://youtu.be/sONN7cmcCwA

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1