LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:

Discussion Forum >>

TrackieReg - Free Online Registration for pretty much anything!
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 0
Report  ORIGINAL

Anonymous said 2 weeks ago

Christian University

so I am thinking about a Christian University in the NCAA any advise on this?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #1 

BYU

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #2 

anonymous said 2 weeks ago

Yay, time to check religion off the trackie topics list!

Why do your religious beliefs inform your decision on where you get your education? Is it not possible to go anywhere and remain a Christian?

Quote comment
  • cummings User since:
    Apr 1st, 2006
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #3 

Cummings said 2 weeks ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "BYU"

BYU is Mormon by the way, I would think most traditional Christians would interpret that as Non-Christian; or at least an interpretation of Christianity outside of what they may be looking for; unless you are Mormon.

I'm not religious so I am not interested in starting a religious discussion however; that wasn't the point of my post.

This post was edited by Cummings 2 weeks ago . 
    Quote comment
  • master2b User since:
    Jun 9th, 2011
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #4 

Master2B said 2 weeks ago

Just Google it. Too many to list from all NCAA divisions.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #5 

Quoting:
    "so I am thinking about a Christian University in the NCAA any advise on this?"

This may be the strangest request I have heard... what are you thinking about? About attending it? Holding a pro-choice rally at it? Maybe an LGBTQ event?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #6 

Quoting: anonymous
    "Yay, time to check religion off the trackie topics list!

Why do your religious beliefs inform your decision on where you get your education? Is it not possible to go anywhere and remain a Christian?"

Different educational environments are more suitable for certain students' interests and needs. For some students this may religious affiliation, for others it may be a certain academic program or a student group. It is up to the student to determine where they feel they have the greatest opportunity to pursue these interests. Everyone's lived experiences influence their choice in school to some extent.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #7 

Thinking about attending on a scholarship.
    I am RC so does that qualify me?
    I am in grade 11 and have times 1 or 2 seconds off their current roster.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #8 

BTW the school is Campbell University

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #9 

Consider Notre Dame. Have heard good things. Great campus and good track team IMO.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #10 

Notre Dame... u can hang with andrew alexandra

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #11 

RC schools said 2 weeks ago

"Thinking about attending on a scholarship.
    I am RC so does that qualify me?
    I am in grade 11 and have times 1 or 2 seconds off their current roster."

Lots of RC schools to choose from.

If you're distance athlete, look to Providence. It's administered by Dominican friars and has very good academics. One of the most respected coaches in the business has run the program there for over 30 years.

If you're a middle distance athlete, you can't go wrong with Georgetown; its academics and athletes are excellent.

Then there's Notre Dame. This school needs no introduction. Not as well established these days in distance, but it seems to be trending in the right direction if you look at their male recruits for next year. Not sure about the girls.

There are more good lesser known RC schools as well. Look to the Big East conference.

In regards to scholarships, you'll have to reach out and build a relationship with the coaches. At the right time, ask what type of scholarship opportunities there are for you at the school. Your track times and cross country placement is huge, but don't forget academics are just as important. Study hard and get good grades. Good grades will help the coach get you admitted. Good grades will also help getting academic scholarships if an athletic scholarship is unavailable.

I hope this helped. Good luck!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #12 

are there a lot less kids competing for scholarships at Christian schools or are Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs and JW also allowed to apply?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #13 

"are there a lot less kids competing for scholarships at Christian schools or are Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs and JW also allowed to apply?"

have you ever met a JW kid whose family permits them to compete in organized sports? Cause I have never met one. I think it is strongly discouraged within this group.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #14 

Runtario said 1 week ago

In Ontario anybody may attend a catholic highschool
    is it the same in USA with Christian college?
    ps. have you visited the Redeemer campus near hamilton? georgeous school

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #15 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

Not all correct. Have coached athletes who were "available" during the week for sports and inter school competition, but not on the weekends. Their religious affiliation did not allow them to play on Saturday , Sundays or both. I even know denominations whose lives are "built" around Sunday observance. No work, no sports, no phone calls.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #16 

There are two Canadians who have gone to Campbell recently. Delohnni Nicol-Samuel and Colin Lavigne. There are others I believe but I don't know there names. Maybe reach out to them.

Quote comment
  • cummings User since:
    Apr 1st, 2006
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #17 

Cummings said 1 week ago

Most secular institutions have places for individuals of different religious affiliations to observe their faiths. There are chaplains on most university campuses that work out of the chapels (if you are Christian), many churches have services catered to their university populations; and the majority of public institutions in the country have different student organizations rallied around common ideologies that allow people of different cultural or religious backgrounds to come together for social events. You don't necessarily need to go to a religious school to get your faith needs met. Just look around at what types of organizations are supported by the various Student Unions at our top institutions.

I am also of the mind that dealing with diversity is a good thing, regardless of where your loyalties lie (religious or not); our public universities in Canada are complex social environments that more accurately reflect contemporary society at large. You will be more prepared for dealing with a diverse work environment by not going to a school that caters to a specific mindset in my opinion. I would argue your faith needs can be fulfilled by any institution you go to if you look for where those outlets are on campus. However, it depends on the individual I guess and what your values are. The Student Unions are more than willing to help you find clubs and organizations that spark your interest.

Most of our big institutions have student groups that are organized around common ideologies like Christianity (including the different sub-divisions of it), Sikhism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Aboriginal spirituality, and heck even Freedom from Religion Societies. It's all there at pretty much every reputable institution, you just need to look for what you are passionate about to find it. You can even dip into a few of them to see what's being said on the other side of the fence ;)

This post was edited by Cummings 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #18 

Depends what religion it is. If it's Baptist run away. If they have an honor code run away. If neither of the two you'll be fine.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #19 

anon said 1 week ago

"Depends what religion it is. If it's Baptist run away. If they have an honor code run away. If neither of the two you'll be fine."

If you are looking into doing law, this will have an effect in Canada

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #20 

Is there less competition for the $$$
    I would think so.

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1