Discussion Forum >>

Elementary School XC Super Meet
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 4
Report  ORIGINAL

why said 5 months ago

Discrepancy in meet entry #s?

This is really weird, the Speed River twitter account posted yesterday afternoon:
"The deadline for our twilight is 6:00pm tonight! Over 100 athletes registered."

and when I checked the entries today trackie showed 84 athletes registered in 95 events, with some sprinters registered in multiple events.

Is there an entry list posted somewhere else that includes the additional athletes that put them over 100 athletes registered?

This post was edited by a Moderator [Issues] 5 months ago .  
Message from Moderator:
There are 95 entries on the confirmed list. The one that says 84 has not updated yet. Perhaps there are additional Speed River athletes planning to run who aren't entered yet, or other athletes entered but not yet confirmed.
If you have issues/questions please contact moderator@trackie.com.
Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #1 

Anonymous said 5 months ago

The meet results show 82 athletes competing in 91 events, which matches the online registration numbers of 84 athletes entered in 95 events with a few scratches.

There is no update delay in the online registration, it shows the number of people on the main page and number of event entries on the full list.

There don't appear to be any additional Speed River entries added to the meet after online registration closed, though the wording was that they had already exceeded 100 registered athletes. There is no two step registration process that separates registration with confirmation, you simply register and that's it.

Speed River tweeted before the entry deadline that there were over 100 athletes registered for this meet. That was not the case.

This post was edited by a Moderator [Issues] 5 months ago . 
    Message from Moderator:
    Yes, my apologies. There were 95 Total Entries on the entry list at https://www.trackie.com/online-registration/entry-list/speed-river-twilight-meet-2/21900/ and 84 Total Entries on the confirmation list. I thought these would end up being the same and one of them must not have updated, but that is not the case. One likely displays total unique entries and the other sum of event entries.
    If you have issues/questions please contact moderator@trackie.com.
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 11
    Report    REPLY #2 

Who cares

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #3 

That is a weird thing to lie about when it is so easy to check. Like the US president, making up stats because his core followers don't care if they are accurate or not.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #4 

I know a 4:12 1500m runner who tells people he's gone 3:59. One time I pointed out the lie and was told "but that's still fast." Course, I never said it wasn't fast, just indicated it wasn't true.

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1