LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:

Discussion Forum >>

TrackieReg - Free Online Registration for pretty much anything!
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 8
Report  ORIGINAL

Anonymous said 2 weeks ago

Fastest Girl in North America

Watched Katelyn Tuohy run 9.05.26 yesterday (split in 4.27) on a 200m track.. Led from start to finish and lapped entire field 3-5 times. Looks like she could run close to 8.50 in a fast race in lane 1 (i.e. not lapping people constantly).

Quote comment
  • troll-takahashi User since:
    Jun 4th, 2016
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #1 

Troll Takahashi said 1 week ago

Brogan ran 9:21 in July. I'm sure she could run even faster now potentially.
    Maybe Steve can get her in a race with Kateyln that way both girls can challenge one another and we'll actually see who the fastest female Highschool distance runner is in North America. Throw Footlocker XC Champ 2017 Claudia Lane in the mix also, and you have one of the most entertaining Highschool 3000m Womens showdowns ever. Should be on Live TV.

This post was edited by Troll Takahashi 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 19
    Report    REPLY #2 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

Not to take anything away from the other two, but I think Katelyn is in another league right now. A solo 905 on a 200m track is ridiculous for a 15 year old.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 29
    Report    REPLY #3 

Ugh not again said 1 week ago

Literally every time I see Troll Takahashi post I just roll my eyes. Bye.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #4 

http://www.milesplit.com/articles/184408/watch-ny-state-1500m-sammy-watson-vs-katelyn-tuohy-national-record

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #5 

The obsession with teenage girls on this site is just plain creepy.

This post was edited by a Moderator [Issues] 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #6 

Netto Alexis said 1 week ago

9 out of 10 if these Grade 10 superstars flame out by the end of college...

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #7 

anon said 1 week ago

The "fastest girl" would be a sprinter, not a distance runner.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #8 

Quoting: Anonymous
    "The obsession with teenage girls on this site is just plain creepy."

This comment made me laugh. 90% of the comments here relate to high school boys. Equally creepy perhaps but hardly an "obsession".

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #9 

totally forgetting about the USA children. Grace Ping, & Laura Haskin are 14 year olds in the USA who beat women.

Totally agree most of these girls will be long gone before they reach age 20.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #10 

"The obsession with teenage girls on this site is just plain creepy."

Pretty sexist don’t you think? If it were a post about a US boy soloing a 8:00 indoor then this type of comment would never come up

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #11 

"Pretty sexist don’t you think? If it were a post about a US boy soloing a 8:00 indoor then this type of comment would never come up"

agreed that female youth athletes should get praise for their performances the same as any one else.

Quote comment
  • mom-on-the-run User since:
    Jun 10th, 2017
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #12 

Mom on the run said 1 week ago

Quoting: anon
    "The "fastest girl" would be a sprinter, not a distance runner."

Once again, if this was a sight about hockey, there would be endless discussion about teenage boys who are superstars..maybe some runners don't go on to big things, but they can try and dream, just like all the superstar teenage hockey players do.

Quote comment
    Jun 4th, 2016
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #13 

The people who complain about discussions of female athletes are the same guys who are jealous no one is talking about them.

Once again who cares who runs for 1 year, 10 years, or a lifetime.
    We live in the present, we look towards the future, we reflect on the past.
    If a talented kid becomes that small fraction or percentage to make it to an Elite level congrats to them, if they didn't SO WHAT. Not everyone becomes an Elite level athlete. Not everyone needs to be a super star as an adult. By the time they are at an Elite level when they reach adulthood, not as many people care.

In Highschool, you're a Legend when you are the best at something. I had a whole damn school of 400+ know who I was for accomplishments at City Finals in Swimming and in Running. When your at an Olympic Games, and you don't reach a final, who remembers you, other than immediate family, close friends and some coaching staff? NO ONE. People remember Champions like Bolt, Phelps, Mayweather, Senna, Jordan, Gretzky, St. Pierre, etc. so train to be the Champ, and if you can't beat the Champ to be crowned the new Champion, SO WHAT, at least you tried, while many just sit there, pushing buttons, and making negative comments towards others. If you can do better, you wouldn't sit there trying to belittle people. Go and do it!

Those that want to make negative comments about people, especially people they don't know, are missing something in their life. There's quite a bit of cyber bullying on most of these track forums I've noticed the last few years, that if parents read this, and you vigilantes didn't hide behind anonymous names, I would love to see what these people actually think about you self centred, egotistical, snobs.

You would figure more people would be supportive in the Athletics community of their fellow peers, but instead it seems to be a mockery. Continue to sit on your high horses, and be proud of the scum you are. Should be ashamed of yourselves. But your not. Many of you continue to show your true colors. Go ask your relatives, spouse, children, athletes etc. what they think of your remarks on a track forum. Oh wait a second, most of you wouldn't go and do that, because like I said "keyboard warriors." You can sit behind a screen and think you're a big shot, but in the real world, you're quite little, which is why many of you never confront people directly. It's 2018, and I've been waiting for some of you scum to approach me with your negative comments directly for a few years now. Wonder when that will happen? I probably have a better chance at winning tonight's Lotto 649 jackpot.

Quote comment
    Jun 4th, 2016
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #14 

Now for those that care, at the same potential meeting with Claudia, Brogan and Katelyn how about a Pre race before the main event. The prerace can have American Grace Ping vs Canadian Sadie Sigfstead in a distance of 1 mile. Both born in 2003, both beating girls years older than them. It's about time they too race one another.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #15 

anonymous said 1 week ago

Quoting: Troll Takahashi
    "Go ask your relatives, spouse, children, athletes etc. what they think of your remarks on a track forum. Oh wait a second, most of you wouldn't go and do that, because like I said "keyboard warriors." You can sit behind a screen and think you're a big shot, but in the real world, you're quite little'

"which is why many of you never confront people directly. It's 2018, and I've been waiting for some of you scum to approach me with your negative comments directly for a few years now."

1) does your mother approve of your rants? and general name calling

2) you have an anonymous account

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #16 

Why does anyone care what 14 year olds run?

We don't gave a damn if a 14 year old scores 100 goals per season in hockey yet you track geeks fantasize about the potential of prepubescent girls.

Why?

Quote comment
    Jun 4th, 2016
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #17 

Quoting: anonymous
    "1) does your mother approve of your rants? and general name calling

A: How about you come ask me in person if you would like to know the answer to that question. Oh, I know, you can't because you're a keyboard warrior.

2) you have an anonymous account"

Nah, I don't have an anonymous account. Many on here know who I am. Those that have spoken to me in person know I'm not worried about expressing my opinion on something. You on the other hand, hide behind a private posting. The difference between me and you is you're a coward and I'm not. It's very simple, for the 100th time, if you people don't like us talking about the potential some young athletes have, then don't read it.

But you people can't ignore it. It bothers you so much, that you do everything you possibly can to stir the pot, and talk shit. Like I said, if you and others are so good, go and do it. The last time I checked, it's been nearly 2 decades since Canada has produced a distance athlete in the Top 5 at an Olympic Games at a distance of 1500m or greater and that was Kevin Sullivan in 2000, who so happened to be a childhood superstar. Mo Ahmed recently was 4th in the Rio Games 5000m Final and the guy was a Highschool standout.

So I'm tired of listening to the people on here talk about how they don't like hearing about the kids. The kids are the damn future, whether they make it to Elite status or not. Until a Canadian Senior athlete places Top 3 in the 1500m, 3000m Steeplechase, 5000m, 10,000m, or Marathon I don't want to hear it. You people are obviously jealous, otherwise you'd shut up already. You have no facts to backup your arguements. Many of you wannabe tough guys come on here and rant without providing factual based evidence. Until you start doing that you don't have a case.

2000 Women's 1500m Final - No Canadian
    2000 Men's 1500m Final - 5th ( Kevin Sullivan) - childhood superstar
    2000 Women's 5000m Final - No Canadian
    2000 Men's 5000m Final - No Canadian
    2000 Men's 10000m Final - No Canadian
    2000 Women's 10000m Final - No Canadian
    2000 Men's Marathon - 44th of 81 finishers
    2000 Women's Marathon - No Canadian * My distant cousin Naoko Takahashi won the race, which is where my Trackie name derived from.
    2000 Men's Steeplechase - No Canadian
    2000 Women's Steeplechase - wasn't even in the Olympics yet for Women.

2004 Men's 1500m Final - No Canadian
    2004 Women's 1500m Final - Women's 9th Place Finish
    2004 Men's & Women's 5000m Final - No Canadian
    2004 Men's & Women's 10,000m Final - No Canadian
    2004 Men's & Women's Marathon - No Canadian
    2004 Men's Steeplechase Final - No Canadian
    2004 Women's Steeplechase Final - Not introduced yet

2008 Men's 1500m Final - No Canadian
    2008 Women's 1500m Final - No Canadian
    2008 Women's 5000m Final - 14th in Final (basically last)
    2008 Men's 5000m Final - No Canadian
    2008 Women's 10,000m Final - No Canadian
    2008 Men's 10,000m Final - 33rd out of 35 athletes that finished
    2008 Men's Marathon - No Canadian
    2008 Women's Marathon - No Canadian
    2008 Men's Steeplechase Final - No Canadian
    2008 Women's Steeplechase Final - No Canadian

2012 Men's 1500m Final - No Canadian
    2012 Women's 1500m Final - No Canadian
    2012 Men's 5000m Final - 14th out of 15
    2012 Women's 5000m Final - No Canadian
    2012 Men's 10,000m Final - 11th out of 26 finishers
    2012 Women's Marathon - No Canadian
    2012 Men's Marathon - 20th, 22nd and 27th of 85 finishers
    2012 Women's Steeplechase Final - No Canadian
    2012 Men's Steeplechase Final - No Canadian

2016 Men's 1500m Final - 8th
    2016 Women's 1500m Final - No Canadian
    2016 Men's 5000m Final - 4th (Teenage Superstar)
    2016 Women's 5000m Final - No Canadian
    2016 Men's 10,000m Final - 32nd which is last, because there were 2 DNF's
    2016 Women's 10,000m Final - 22nd & 25th out of 35 finishers
    2016 Men's Marathon - 10th and 23rd out of 140 finishers
    2016 Men's Steeplechase Final - 10th of 11 finishers
    2016 Women's Steeplechase Final - 13th of 18 finishers

So it seems to me there is a huge problem. You and many like you don't want to believe in the kids who are the future of the sport. I on the other hand have high hopes for them, if they can stay in the sport. If you and other coaches have figured out the best way is not by success at an early age, then why is it we fail to produce medalists, and have a hard time making Finals.

Believe me, if the Marathon was actually allowed the best athletes in the World, our Canadians wouldn't make that either, as there are hundreds of Africans sitting at home each Olympics who could definitley be much more competitive. So I'm tired of hearing your philosophies when I constantly defend my arguements with facts, and facts are evidence that provide truth. So keep talking out of your arse and complain we talk about young athletes.

These young athletes have a chance at something special if they continue to stay healthy. You on the other hand, and many like you, are obviously jealous, potentially washed up, and need to find a new hobby. Like I said, if you think your so right about the development of an athlete, show us in the next few years your 2020 Olympic Medalist, otherwise mind your business.

This post was edited by Troll Takahashi 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #18 

Let's talk 2017 actual times so you have some perspective.

The fastest 3000m U18 woman in Canada (you can look up who it is) was 9:21.84
    The fastest 3000m U18 woman in the USA according to Athletics.net was 8:54.36
    Our top Canadian would rank 29th in the USA in 2017.

The fastest 3000m U18 male in Canada (you can look up who it is) was 8:41.34
    The fastest 3000m U18 male in the USA according to Athletics.net was 8:16.60
    Our top Canadian would rank 18th in the USA

Sorry it's tough to compare U16 events in both countries because we do not run 3000m until U18

We could look at 800m and the sprints too but I will warn you the results are similar or worse.

Our best doesn't even get to the podium in the United States. Just so you know these do not include USATF Championship events they are merely the High School races if we factor in USATF Championships times we are even further down the list.

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1