Discussion Forum >>

Elementary School XC Super Meet
Reply to topic Go to last post
User since:
May 27th, 2017
thumbs_up 5
Report  ORIGINAL

juddy96 said 4 months ago

Myles Misener-Daley obliterates the National U18, Meet, and Interscholastic 400m records

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #26 

Anonymous said 4 months ago

Quoting: juddy96
    "He would be incorrect, the 400 is his best."

No...the announcers never get anything wrong.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #27 

No disrespect to Nathan meant . I'm just saying a 4x400 team shouldn't be thrown together at the last minute like our national soccer team. They should be working together now with a common goal in mind.

Quote comment
  • ahurdleriguess User since:
    Jun 7th, 2018
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #28 

AHurdlerIGuess said 4 months ago

In any case, as a 10.2/20.6 100/200 doubler, I doubt Kowalchuk has big plans on running the 400m. Will McBride or Nathan Friginette will be there, and if Myles continues like this he'll be a 44 high-mid runner by that time, because the 400m is his best race, but the ofsaa announcer isn't completely wrong because it is definitely not his most refined. This is only his second year running it. Kowalchuk will be a nice addition to the 4x100m team, they'll stick him on either first or second leg, and brown on whichever leg is left between the two, as brown is a very good starter, but is currently doing quite well on the second leg, but Karson isn't as good of a starter, but a strong finisher. That coupled with Rodney and DeGrasse can hopefully hit a 37.4 at least

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #29 

Quoting: anonymous
    "How about Myles Misener Daley , Khamal Stewart Baynes ,Carson Kowalchuck, and Philp Osei on a 4x400m team for 2020...they all are capable of running 45 Flat by then."

I am Karson’s teammate and good friend. That being said, he will not ever run a 4x4 again, there is no race he despises more than that.

Quote comment
  • peck User since:
    May 23rd, 2013
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #30 

Peck said 4 months ago

I have been impressed with how Brown has been running the curve in his 200s. Any Rodney sightings? So this kid has another year in high school? That is incredible! Hopefully DeGrasse and Brown helps recruit him to USC. They seem to be turning out good 400 runners.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #31 

Quoting: Anonymous
    "No...the announcers never get anything wrong."

Which is why an "announcer" said Purdue wouldn't be caught in the 4x400 final when they were up 10m (15 on USC) with 100m to go...

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #32 

Easy on the generalizations on high school coaches... there are pretty damn good ones. If you did your research, the club coach of MMD is actually a high school coach. Remember that the club system often is dependent upon the high school system.. wait, I forgot, the club system hurt their shoulders patting themselves on the back- again!

"Of course he runs with a club...all the OFSAA winners have club affiliates, how else could they win. The high school coaches are not trained to coach each specific event. At my son's school the coach just does a few stretches, a few warm up laps and that's it!"

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #33 

""

I agree some of the best coaches now coaching are high school coaches. Paul Barry now retired coach at St. Michael's was one the best coaches in Canada Club or highschool and never coached at the club level. His Athletes belong to TOC but were still coached by him. They all trained with the school. His athletes and teams have won more XC championships then anyone in the history of high school XC.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #34 

Anyone else said 4 months ago

Anon - did you even read the thread? Earlier Smith (HS coach) said that Matt H. (club coach) was MMD's coach, and even referenced the other two 400m medalists Matt coached neither of whom attend Westdale or DV. So your little tirade was actually quite meaningless.

Quote comment
  • ahurdleriguess User since:
    Jun 7th, 2018
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #35 

AHurdlerIGuess said 4 months ago

Quoting: Peck
    "I have been impressed with how Brown has been running the curve in his 200s. Any Rodney sightings? So this kid has another year in high school? That is incredible! Hopefully DeGrasse and Brown helps recruit him to USC. They seem to be turning out good 400 runners."

Rodney has not raced since early march, with a mere 10.57 in the 100m, and has not yet broken 21 this season (21.17 in -1.7 wind; Myles ran 21.17 in -1.5 wind at OFSAA). However, Rodney usually starts the season quite slow, and he still should be good for a 10.2/20.3 most seasons, I believe he'll take both his PBs down further despite current struggles

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #36 

anonymous said 3 months ago

""

please ......Matt is a Club Coach not a HS Coach

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1