Discussion Forum >>

Elementary School Track & Field Super Meet
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 3
Report  ORIGINAL

iamthemedia said 1 week ago

NACAC U-23

Where and when are the NACAC u-23 Championships going to be held? Can we expect our top NCAA athletes such as Knight and Heppenstall to come and win some hardware?

Quote comment
  • sub49 User since:
    Apr 3rd, 2016
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #1 

sub49 said 1 week ago

Location and date haven't been announced yet. I highly doubt Knight will be there, Heppenstall possibly depending on timing but I still wouldn't count on it.

Quote comment
  • buddy User since:
    Jun 8th, 2015
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #2 

Buddy said 1 week ago

Toronto

Quote comment
  • sub49 User since:
    Apr 3rd, 2016
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #3 

sub49 said 1 week ago

Quoting: Buddy
    "Toronto"

No that is NACAC senior, different meet.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #4 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

Knight and Heppenstall more likely to go to NACAC senior over nacac u 23. I think its more likely to see at least one if not both of them at common wealths

Quote comment
  • platinum-boy User since:
    Jun 28th, 2017
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #5 

Platinum Boy said 1 week ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Knight and Heppenstall more likely to go to NACAC senior over nacac u 23. I think its more likely to see at least one if not both of them at common wealths"

Qualification for CW is pretty much over as qualification was this past outdoor season for the team. And the standard for the 800 was 1:45.9, Heppenstal didn't run that this season.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #6 

Anonymous said 6 days ago

Many US Colleges do not allow their athletes to compete during the summer even if it is to represent their country in an event such as this. Yet another reason that US scholarship has some negative aspects.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #7 

Runfastrunfar said 23 hours ago

"Many US Colleges do not allow their athletes to compete during the summer even if it is to represent their country in an event such as this. Yet another reason that US scholarship has some negative aspects."

The bottom-tier colleges do this, any US college with a serious track program want their athletes to represent their country and their university.

Several of my friends, teammates, and colleagues coach at NCAA Division 1 schools and NONE would ever tell their athletes to not compete for their country. In fact, competing for your country is a huge recruiting and selling point for the track programs.

If fact, the athletic departments of the schools list all their Olympians, World Champions, National, and Jr. National athletes on their webpages.

Typically what happens during a major Games cycle is that the coach and athlete plan to peak for the Games while scoring at the conference and the NCAAs.

Could you please name the schools that told the athletes not to compete, I would like to know.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #8 

Anonymous said 15 hours ago

"Many US Colleges do not allow their athletes to compete during the summer even if it is to represent their country in an event such as this. Yet another reason that US scholarship has some negative aspects."

This almost never happens. I could see some distance teams discouraging some from doing it for cross country purposes, but in almost every case they see it as worth the positive publicity.

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1