Discussion Forum >>

2019 London Distance Series Meets
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 17
Report  ORIGINAL

Anonymous said 6 days ago

Nike Tent at Ofssa

I'm going to start off with the positive and that was that they provided descent product and at good prices for the athletes. However, how badly can you screw up the amount of product available to the high school kids that qualified for Ofssa! How could you possibly allow all of your hats to be sold out in 30 minutes of opening, sweatshirts in kid appropriate sizes within the first hours and the remainder of kid appropriate sized items in the first day? This has been a real problem over the years in one way or another and that is really unfair to the kids. Something has to be done to ensure that this doesn't happen again!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 8
    Report    REPLY #1 

Every year since at least 2009, they have sold out of smalls in the t-shirts and sweatshirts!!! I don't understand!! These are experts in marketing! Come on Nike Canada - you know how many events there are and there are 24 athletes in every event. The bulk of the girls in (the running at least) would wear s or m. This is simple math!!! If they over order by a bit, the increased sales would cover this cost. Many athletes don't arrive until Friday or Saturday so having merchandise on these days for them would be nice. I had a father drive two hours on Thursday just to get his daughter a shirt because he knew they would be sold out by Friday afternoon when she was to compete. It is just ridiculous. Can someone please get the message to the bigwigs at Nike for next year!!! On a positive, I will agree that the Nike area was a fun area for people to hang out, relax, take pictures and meet some Olympians.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #2 

It seems like a lack of foresight in terms of product volume and even other product sales that would seem like common sense. It is near impossible for sprinters, middle distance and distance runners to try on and buy quality spikes, shoes and elite level track products. This was another missed opportunity with an audience with the desire to buy and spend money on the product that they desire. I'll waive my consulting fee this time but I'm very surprised that a company like Nike needs a retired old man to tell them how to make money and build product loyalty!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #3 

Quoting: Anonymous
    "These are experts in marketing! "

On the flip side, keeping supply less than demand often has a way of increasing demand (and the ability to charge higher prices). Rather than wait to later in the meet, someone mentioned a dad who drove 2 hours just to buy a t-shirt on Thursday. Pretty impressive marketing to get someone to do that.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 16
    Report    REPLY #4 

truthbringer said 6 days ago

nike doesn't care FYI

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #5 

Former Nike Guy said 6 days ago

They have no idea what they are doing when it comes to retailing, that's why their corporate stores are always closing. They don't care about anyone but themselves.

Quote comment
  • coachc1 User since:
    May 4th, 2014
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #6 

CoachC1 said 6 days ago

" These are experts in marketing! "

Obviously NOT! You are right in that it does not take a genius to figure out the volume and sizing needed to accommodate the number of athletes wanting to buy merchandise at OFSAA. It is shocking that after all the years they have been doing this they still can't figure it out.

This post was edited by CoachC1 6 days ago . 
    Quote comment
  • nacarter User since:
    Mar 24th, 2013
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #7 

nacarter said 5 days ago

Maybe the better question is why are they even selling ANYTHING in a tent at the meet? Why not just set up an online store?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #8 

Anonymous said 5 days ago

I remember stampedes to get the t-shirts before they sold out going all the way back to 1989, which is WAY before Nike came on the scene. This has always been a massive issue.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #9 

Anonymous said 5 days ago

Come on New Balance-get involved

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #10 

Anonymous said 4 days ago

completely agree. I competed at ofsaa and didn't even get anything because they were all sold out. big disappointment.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #11 

if someone sold knockoffs they wouldn't be so smug

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #12 

Nike removed Running Room from the operations, which challenged the process.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #13 

They were selling smaller sizes in the tshirts that were damaged. They had marks on them but they were not discounting the price. Shame on you Nike.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #14 

anonymous said 4 days ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Come on New Balance-get involved"

Didn't we have this exact conversation last year after Ofsaa...in this same forum ?

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1