Not Trackie Usports 2019 People who are going to win stuf™

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #76 

Weekend Recap said 2 days ago

Some cool stuff from this past weekend-

From Ontario, centre of the universe
    -Bayfront was pretty fast (Heard reports that each 2k loop is 40m short though)
    -Drover looking good, Sergio gets his groove back
    -Frielink showing signs of life, big run from Scheele
    - Mac looking really sexy with their 32 spread (not even including Davies and Mcgillivray in the 5k)

From the Potato Fields of Idaho
    -Calgary pack runs(?) to a 1-4 photo finish, still looks like they've been jogging the pre-season, haven't truly been tested yet, looks like all the same guys are healthy, Lutz no show, but Travaglini more than replaces him. (It's not Halloween yet, but Calgary is looking scary good)

From Montreal, Poutine Hipster Land
    -JSD runs away from De Lange
    -Laval puts 4 in top 6 with a 54 second spread, spanking a half strength Queen's team (not sure what the health status is for some of their guys)

Guelph AWOL for this week

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #77 

Anonymous said 2 days ago

Quoting: Berta baby
    "Enough of those amature preds, here's the real deal of U Sports xc 2019 men's preds:

1. Pennock; settled for bronze last season, now he is hungry for more!
    2. Travaglini; old man strength comes up big as he takes the silver.
    3. James; Alex "Glass Cannon" James will walk the last MILE with his hands on his hips and still take BRONZE!
    4. JSD; Even with all of Quebec behind him and silver from last season he won't be able to fend off the Dinos.
    5. Lumb: Has he even raced in Canada yet this year??? Even his 13:40 5k won't be able to hand the heat (bone chilling cold of kingston) this time around.
    6. Daniel; this stud is a WORLD CHAMPION in triathlon. Yes he can swim and bike but this boy can RUN!
    7. Turek; Sure he was only the 3rd Marauder on his home course but this kid has been on a national team and knows when to show up BIG.
    8. Delaney. 2nd year but number 1 at Guelph!
    9. Lutz; no show in Idaho is no problem. He once broke his back and then tan 3:46 a few month later. No doubt he'll be back.
    10. Drover; took down deep feild in Hamilton.
    11. Frielink; still not sure if he can count to 5 but doesn't matter because it's on 4 laps at the fort.
    12. Patton; still trying to live off the glory days will pull him through to an All-Canadian, even if his fitness isn't there.
    13. Delange; sliding into the 2nd last all-Canadian spot, maybe he'd crack the top 10 if oldster spent more time coaching than posting on trackie ;)
    14. Tedeschi; putting up some good times mid season Tedeschi will round out the top 14.

Honnorable mentions:
    Colyn; not the greatest outdoors but he will be fit when it counts.
    Dozzi; might forget his spikes, will likely chill out to save it for ACXC.
    Radowitz; fast on the track... XC isn't track though.
    Raez Villaneuva; won his weight in beer this summer. Assuming he's a real student-athlete he drank it all and is gonna feel it on the course."

How do you have Pennock first when he hasn't even won a race this year lol

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #78 

Anonymous said 2 days ago

Quoting: Not Trackie
    "Thanksgiving Update -Sponsored by Kleenex®

High Def twitter post here: https://twitter.com/RunningHotTakes/status/1184172829966786561

It’s been a while (@Staind) but we’re BACK with more words and more CAPS. Just remember, I know everything about running so these are definitely NOT [X]onions[X] opinions (stupid autocorrect). These are STRAIGHT FACTS, and if they make you cry then you’re just helping my sponsor.

SHOUTOUTS: Berta Boys haven’t raced in a while unless I just can’t find the results. UBC? Where u at? Have Nobbs and Rhys Kramer even raced? Is Wynands just lurking in the shadows? Lumb, Broatch, and Dozzi is a good top 3 but NOT GOOD ENOUGH. CanWest might reveal more. McGill women showed they REFUSE to leave the discussion by putting a bunch of runners ahead of a watered-down Laval team at the Vert-et-Or. Respect. I thought their roster went through a trash compactor at the end of last season.

Women:
    5 — Trinity Western (-): Dusted everyone at the Vikes invite including the Vikes. You hate to see it. Beating the home team on their own turf is enough to keep you in the top 5 in my opinion, and if you don’t think so TOO BAD. I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT RUNNING.

4 — UBC (-): Had a decent spread at the Roy Griak behind Symonds, who was an all-Canadian last year. Seems like a lot of rookies entering the fold could make these girls DANGEROUS. Don’t open their emails because they’re PHISHING for medals.

3 — Laval (+2): Anne-Marie Comeau is racing the Toronto Marathon and it’s gonna be tough to send at Usports after that. Queens took them to school at interlock without the MacDougalls. That’s enough for me to hit the playground and slide them down the rankings.

2 — Guelph (-1): The Joss Boss SAT Ormond down at the Paul Short and showed her how to race. That could really motivate the rookie down the stretch. This team is going to need Woodhouse to enter the building and dummy some girls if they want to do some REAL damage, although SJH is doing her best to imitate Laval by having a 3-word name. Honestly that could rattle them and be the difference.

1 ¬— Queen’s (-1): You know I just realized you are supposed to type “Queen’s” with an apostrophe? Does their school BELONG to the Queen? Or is it just some rich person with the last name Queen? This is all rather confusing, but they WON Paul Short so they’re taking over FIRST PLACE.

Men:
    5 — Queen’s (-∞): Yes, HUGE Ontario bias here but it doesn’t seem like UBC has raced many guys so until then YOU’RE OFF THE RANKINGS THUNDERBIRDS. Somehow the Gaels DON’T CARE that nobody knows what their mascot is. They DON’T CARE that they only have 2 guys on their roster, and they DON’T CARE that their coach is an outspoken keyboard warrior. Heck that last part might even HELP motivate them because he’s usually right. Seeing my coach blast anonymous goons would 100% make me run faster. This team of Matts and Mitches might be enough to crack the top 5 once again as long as their token Nate and Rob do enough.

4 — Laval (-1): After finally getting a race in, this team of seniors showed they shouldn’t be discounted like Quebec alcohol. QUEEN D led the charge against QUEEN apostrophe S at the interlock meet, but Guelph fared better against the Gaels at Paul Short, so Les Boys are Post Maloning up at number 4 for now. “Wow.”

3 — Guelph (-): After getting beat by McMaster in London the “Gryph whats” (crap slogan) had a pretty good one at the Paul Short where the course, as advertised, was probably short. Secret weapon Kalum Delaney took the faster Ubene’s number here, and it looks like Kyle Madden may have finally figured out how to run cross country. I’m not sure if the depth is going to be good enough to beat the birds, but their beards are.

2 (+2) — McMaster (-): The birdies went hard off the tee and have continued to drive both in Chitown AND back in the Hammer. Although Joshy Mac hasn’t raced for the squad yet it seems they have the depth to back it up. Sergio is regaining his old senderoni pizza type form, Dylan Alick is no slouch, and the slower Ubene has somehow moved from the interwebs into the actual fold for once. Much like his takes, he seems to race better when it’s HOT. WELL I’M TAPING A SPACE HEATER TO MY ASS FOR OUA AND USPORTS KIDS.

1 ¬— Calgary (-): Obviously continuing the hype here but these guys have packed their entire team into a ziplock sando baggy in each race. Their spread is tighter than a pair of jeans hugging bums at the club. Yeah, those pockets are useless BUT THEY WON’T NEED THEM BECAUSE THEY DON’T GOTTA BE HAVING ANYTHING PACKING. THEIR TOP 5 IS DISGUSTING WITH MATTY TRAVS, RUSSY “DUSTER” PENNER, STEVE DAN, “GLASS CANNON” JAMES, AND “BROKEN BACK” LUTZ. THE AMOUNT OF GREASE ON THIS TEAM COULD COOK A LIFETIME SUPPLY OF BACON. YEAR OF THE RAPTORS, YEAR OF THE DINOS."

All of you making predictions about Laval without seeing the full roster makes me feel sorry in some way. The boys didn’t know how to turn right last year but this year they will obliterate Kingston’s right handers..

Quote comment
  • not-trackie User since:
    Aug 13th, 2017
    thumbs_up 20
    Report    REPLY #79 

Not Trackie said 2 days ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "All of you making predictions about Laval without seeing the full roster makes me feel sorry in some way. The boys didn’t know how to turn right last year but this year they will obliterate Kingston’s right handers.."

Holy scroll man. When the post is obnoxiously long why would you quote the ENTIRE thing? Trackie forum etiquette dude.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 8
    Report    REPLY #80 

Boo Hoo the Bear said 2 days ago

@Not Trackie,

"DON’T CARE that nobody knows what their mascot is. ."

Thanks for the shout out, after all, I am the greatest mascot to ever represent a Canadian University, and all publicity is good publicity. Too bad my counterpart Joey Stel has moved on from the team. However, it is important to note there are some truly bear-chested, NOT bare-chested!! , but real samsquanch type hairy, north of 7, wild blueberry crushing, winter hibernating,,, BEAR CHESTED specimens looking to dominate their territory this open season. I don't see how deux couleurs, any one of those birds or whatever they are, or some extinct animals could shoot, let alone even hunt down a bear. Because gaels are bears now.

Yours Truly,

Boo What?
    youre right, nobody likes that slogan. gimmicky @guelp (I heard the h is silent in america)

Boo Who?
    ffs ..

Boo Hoo

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #81 

Anonymous said 1 day ago

"Holy scroll man. When the post is obnoxiously long why would you quote the ENTIRE thing? Trackie forum etiquette dude."

Long hair don’t care dude

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 10
    Report    REPLY #82 

QUADZILLA said 1 day ago

"Thanksgiving Update -Sponsored by Kleenex®

SHOUTOUTS: Berta Boys haven’t raced in a while unless I just can’t find the results. UBC? Where u at? Have Nobbs and Rhys Kramer even raced? Is Wynands just lurking in the shadows? Lumb, Broatch, and Dozzi is a good top 3 but NOT GOOD ENOUGH. "

Rumour is Rhys Kramer has mutated into a quadzilla from too much cross-training on the bike. WATCH OUT TOKYO.

Wynands is on a three year mileage build, Usports 2021 favourite.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitnot-trackie User since:
    Aug 13th, 2017
    thumbs_up 8
    Report    REPLY #83 

Not Trackie said 1 day ago

Quoting: QUADZILLA
    "Rumour is Rhys Kramer has mutated into a quadzilla from too much cross-training on the bike. WATCH OUT TOKYO.

Wynands is on a three year mileage build, Usports 2021 favourite."

Prime Trackie forum etiquette. Amazing work. This is the kind of stuff that can bring UBC back in at #5

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1