OFSAA 2018

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #26 

Distance?? said 5 months ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "I got all my $ on Witkowicz in the distance events."

Safe bet as, let's be honest, there are no DISTANCE events at OFSAA.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #27 

Anonymous said 5 months ago

"Yes he is, he has been posting faster indoor times all season long."

What did he run this year? Can't find anything on athletics.ca

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #28 

"100m, 200m, 400m athletes to look out for? Who will fill the sprint fields?"

Jadon & Jalon Rose. Watch them in the 100m, 200m, and 4x100m. They're the twins who go to Mt. Carmel in Mississauga

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #29 

Nervoushurdlerdad said 5 months ago

"Yes he is, he has been posting faster indoor times all season long."

The 110mH should be a good race between these two if they've been posting similar times indoors..

Just remember, the 110 is a different race than the 60 hurdles. With those extra 5 hurdles an early mistake or loss of rhythm in the later hurdles can multiply into a lot of lost time. If it's close in speed, it will come down to who runs a cleaner race.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #30 

Quoting: Nervoushurdlerdad
    "The 110mH should be a good race between these two if they've been posting similar times indoors..

Just remember, the 110 is a different race than the 60 hurdles. With those extra 5 hurdles an early mistake or loss of rhythm in the later hurdles can multiply into a lot of lost time. If it's close in speed, it will come down to who runs a cleaner race."

They have not been posting similar times, aiden desouza goes to seneca college. And frankly cannot run even close to as fast as liam mather. These are just trolls posting anything about aiden desouza

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #31 

Quoting: Nervoushurdlerdad
    "The 110mH should be a good race between these two if they've been posting similar times indoors..

Just remember, the 110 is a different race than the 60 hurdles. With those extra 5 hurdles an early mistake or loss of rhythm in the later hurdles can multiply into a lot of lost time. If it's close in speed, it will come down to who runs a cleaner race."

the Aidan desouza thing was obviously a joke.. just an fyi

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #32 

Nervoushurdlerdad said 5 months ago

Oops! I guess I took the bait.

A bit out of the loop, and not used to worrying about trolls here on Trackie!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #33 

The east is the beast..those purple pirates from Thousand islands Brockville will be back and intend to keep all the banners they left with last year... and finish with another crushing victory in the menus 4 x 400

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #34 

Quoting: NWOSSA
    "Braedan Prochnicki and Niko Dowhos from the Northern Region (NWOSSA) both 60m PBs of 7.00 this past indoor season.

Albeit, 60m is a different event, however, 7.00 is roughly around 10.7-10.8 range.

You heard it here first."

This is the dumbest thing I've heard someone say. Just because someone can go 7.00 in 60m doesn't mean they're gonna run 10.7 or 10.8... I know some people who run sub 7 in 60m but can't run sub 11 in the 100, and I know some people who run sub 11 in the 100 and can't run under 7 in the 60.. The fact that they haven't broke 7 seconds in 60m, I highly doubt they'd run 10.7 or 10.8.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #35 

Miller said 4 months ago

Senior boys predictions?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #36 

InformedUser said 4 months ago

"This is the dumbest thing I've heard someone say. Just because someone can go 7.00 in 60m doesn't mean they're gonna run 10.7 or 10.8... I know some people who run sub 7 in 60m but can't run sub 11 in the 100, and I know some people who run sub 11 in the 100 and can't run under 7 in the 60.. The fact that they haven't broke 7 seconds in 60m, I highly doubt they'd run 10.7 or 10.8."

Anyone who knows how to navigate the Athletics Canada ranking system could hypothesize any of these statements. Look up athletes performances indoors, see what they subsequently ran outdoors and then make an inference...that's how predictions actually work...weird?

It's a much more interesting inference then coming on the forum to input nothing of your own and reject the statements of others.

Obviously there are factors to consider: height, technical proficiency...but without looking at an athletes build or stride length/ frequency first hand or training regime basically any prediction is just pointless, so instead of helping deter users from posting, share some predictions of your own and educate yourself.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #37 

Anonymous said 4 months ago

My prediction is that Ajiroba will win the 100m, and if conditions are even half decent we could see all 8 going sub 11. 200m will go to either Misener Daley who ran 21.74 at SOSSA, or Ajiroba, who ran a 21.35 at St Marcellinus Spirit Classic with a strong tailwind. Misener Daley should have the 400m locked down having already ran 47.16 without any competition at SOSSA, could be sub 47 and maaayybbbeee even break the 46.74 that Stewart Baynes set 2 years ago. Also, seeing as Stewart Baynes, Trejuan Fearon, Trayvon Conley and Jessie Ofin have all graduated from Father Henry Carr, leaving just Dan Kazumba from the 4x100m relay team last year,the senior boys 4x100m should be an interesting race. FHC has ran 42.96 this year, while dYouville has a 43.11 from ROPSSAA, with St Roch and Campion both running sub 43.4 while not running with their strongest possible team. A 41 high will likely be the time required to win this year.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #38 

billy said 4 months ago

the300m record maybe broken this year

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1