Report    REPLY #26 

Anonymous said 4 months ago

That's an extra 6 hours you'll have to work when in college :(

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #27 

anonymous said 4 months ago

I know that kids will wear nike gear, and I think its unfortunate that nike is still the sponsor. Kids work all year and then drive 5 hours to get to OFFSA. One would think that nike would either do pre orders or have enough gear on hand to sell kids or parents that would like to share the memories. The nike tent was close at 4pm sharp and you couldnt even access the offsa signs to take photos in front of some kids were still racing and didnt have their medals yet, and no offsa signs were posted inside the track. Some of this has to fall on the offsa organizers. I would hope they would do a better job . Get a new sponsor!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #28 

Could Nike not mass produce ( even a cheap) ofsaa t-shirt for every participating athlete. Much like you get in a charity run or marathon. Surely Nike makes enough to promote and support athletics in Ontario! This would reflect much better on nike and probably encourage parents to purchase spikes or other gear (they could still have a tent to sell there gear) when they see what Nike is doing for their kids. The Nike set up at York was great. I loved the photo walls and games. It’s too bad it closed early but I thought that the set up and activities was well done. But let’s get real. Can every athlete or their family really afford the gear. No! Give the kids a friggin t-shirt😄!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #29 

brokedad said 4 months ago

I dropped about 3 hundy in that tent

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #30 

Quoting: anonymous
    "I know that kids will wear nike gear, and I think its unfortunate that nike is still the sponsor. Kids work all year and then drive 5 hours to get to OFFSA. One would think that nike would either do pre orders or have enough gear on hand to sell kids or parents that would like to share the memories. The nike tent was close at 4pm sharp and you couldnt even access the offsa signs to take photos in front of some kids were still racing and didnt have their medals yet, and no offsa signs were posted inside the track. Some of this has to fall on the offsa organizers. I would hope they would do a better job . Get a new sponsor!"

What brand other than Nike do you think would do a better job?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #31 

Under Armour
    Just ask any teenager

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #32 

Lily said 4 months ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Could Nike not mass produce ( even a cheap) ofsaa t-shirt for every participating athlete. Much like you get in a charity run or marathon. Surely Nike makes enough to promote and support athletics in Ontario! This would reflect much better on nike and probably encourage parents to purchase spikes or other gear (they could still have a tent to sell there gear) when they see what Nike is doing for their kids. The Nike set up at York was great. I loved the photo walls and games. It’s too bad it closed early but I thought that the set up and activities was well done. But let’s get real. Can every athlete or their family really afford the gear. No! Give the kids a friggin t-shirt😄!"

I agree ! Every kid should be taking home a dry fit t-shirt. It's amazing to just make it, they should take home something.
    They should also go back and do pre-orders, they sold out of the medium jackets before we got there which was 2 hours after they opened on Thursday.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #33 

I stopped wearing Nike shoes long ago. There are other brands capable of recognizing that there is an opportunity to do better. I'm not saying Nike is a bad company I'm saying they can do more for the kids. Yes give them a tshirt for being the best in Ontario, they deserve it. Nike is just, the sponsor ,so truthfully it was the marketing company that did the work . Whatever company was used I never winsdsor and Bellville did a better job than the the company in Toronto . Offsa could also do better . In Windsor the only food that was available to the kids was McDonald's. In Toronto they really stepped it up and brought out hotdog carts.

Quote comment
  • buddy User since:
    Jun 8th, 2015
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #34 

Buddy said 4 months ago

Toronto went all out c'mon -->Chips, greasy french fries, Coke & Pepsi, street meat and unidentifiable meat emulsion sausage.

A surefire way to $hit the bed in the final :)

"I stopped wearing Nike shoes long ago. There are other brands capable of recognizing that there is an opportunity to do better. I'm not saying Nike is a bad company I'm saying they can do more for the kids. Yes give them a tshirt for being the best in Ontario, they deserve it. Nike is just, the sponsor ,so truthfully it was the marketing company that did the work . Whatever company was used I never winsdsor and Bellville did a better job than the the company in Toronto . Offsa could also do better . In Windsor the only food that was available to the kids was McDonald's. In Toronto they really stepped it up and brought out hotdog carts."

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #35 

no one special said 4 months ago

Nike, Nike, Nike, how do you not get this swag thing right year after year?
    Jackets being sold out the first hour before events even start? C'mon!

Why on earth would you ever take away the pre-order option? This was a NO BRAINER
    As a parent I realize the swag should not be that important, but the kids wear it with a badge of honor, and they deserve that. Holy nerves getting on that track competing against the best of the best in the province in front of a crowd.
    I agree with comment that every athlete should get a t-shirt sent to their high school or at least make an affordable option for them.
    These poor kids competing on day three with no options AND you tear down the tent before they even get there! Your staff can't spare a couple more hours for these kids after you've made hundreds and thousands of dollars off them? tisk tisk

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #36 

Quoting: Buddy
    ""

Hot Dog? $5. Burger? $5. Seriously didn’t understand what part of the food was worth more than $3 at most

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #37 

"What brand other than Nike do you think would do a better job?"

New Balance 1000%

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #38 

"Could Nike not mass produce ( even a cheap) ofsaa t-shirt for every participating athlete. Much like you get in a charity run or marathon. Surely Nike makes enough to promote and support athletics in Ontario! This would reflect much better on nike and probably encourage parents to purchase spikes or other gear (they could still have a tent to sell there gear) when they see what Nike is doing for their kids. The Nike set up at York was great. I loved the photo walls and games. It’s too bad it closed early but I thought that the set up and activities was well done. But let’s get real. Can every athlete or their family really afford the gear. No! Give the kids a friggin t-shirt😄!"

I'm in complete agreement.. Every ofsaa qualifier could get a free t shirt from Nike much like New Balance does for the high school indoor and outdoor nationals in the states... The gear being purchased by those athletes are walking billboards for Nike. Nike needs to be called out for this. It would never fly south of the border

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #39 

anonymous said 3 months ago

"Hot Dog? $5. Burger? $5. Seriously didn’t understand what part of the food was worth more than $3 at most"

Other Vendors put in to supply better food. But I guess the teacher in charge of the vendors couldnt think outside the pizza box...

Quote comment
  • nc-blogger User since:
    Sep 12th, 2014
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #40 

NC Blogger said 3 months ago

"Other Vendors put in to supply better food. But I guess the teacher in charge of the vendors couldnt think outside the pizza box..."

There was really no need for more food trucks as there were several food outlets within a 5 - 10 minute walk (Subway, Falafel, Indian, Thai Express, Popeye's, Greek, Great Canadian Bagel, Timmy's, need I go on).

The truck was a complete and utter rip-off and anyone willing to buy from them sort of deserved to get taken. There was another more reasonably priced vendor inside the warm up track - but parents / spectators had no access. Not many kids warming up for events needed a hotdog or sausage.

Perhaps the vendors thought, if these people are willing to pay outrageous prices for run of the mill clothing, maybe we can take them with the food as well!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #41 

anonymous said 2 months ago

The only reason Nike sponsors Offsa is to stop kids from wearing clothes from other manufacturers. They don't really enforce this rule at offsa but at the higher end meets kids are forced to wear nike or cover up other non nike logos.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #42 

Anonymous said 2 months ago

ACTUALLY.... Nike pays quite a bit to have exclusive rights to be the primary sponsor of OFSAA T & F /XC.
    The actual amount varies depending on the clothing they provide to volunteers, plus the seed money provided to the organizers.

As for the comment about covering up logos, there is an OFSAA rule as to the actual size of a logo and if this is not a Nike one, many of the organizers are very diligent about covering up non-Nike logos.

Finally- it is OFSAA.......NOT the way you have spelled it!!

"The only reason Nike sponsors Offsa is to stop kids from wearing clothes from other manufacturers. They don't really enforce this rule at offsa but at the higher end meets kids are forced to wear nike or cover up other non nike logos."

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #43 

Anon said 2 months ago

They are sellingOFSAA merch at a cheap price at Vaughn Mills

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #44 

erom elims said 1 month ago

Quoting: Anon
    "They are sellingOFSAA merch at a cheap price at Vaughn Mills"

Yup there’s red tanks (dry fit material), white cotton t shirts, and white hoodies... not too terribly priced but not very convinient seeing that it’s only in Vaughan Mills and that isn’t a location everyone can get to just for ofsaa track merch in september

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #45 

Anonymous said 1 month ago

what store?

Quoting: Anon
    "They are sellingOFSAA merch at a cheap price at Vaughn Mills"

This post was edited by a Moderator [Issues] 1 month ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #46 

swoosh said 1 month ago

""

NIKE

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #47 

Anonymous said 1 month ago

Nike. Only XS when I was there a few weeks ago

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1