Report  ORIGINAL

Little Pincher said 1 week ago

OFSAA TRACK PREDICTIONS TIME

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #26 

The White Rabbit said 5 days ago

So Hassan won’t be racing 1500m, as he solo efforted his wins at his Regionals in the 400 (:49high) and 800 (1:58). At METRO’s he’ll go even faster in both just to show that he’ll be a contender again come OFSAA.

Quote comment
  • anonymous27 User since:
    May 21st, 2018
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #27 

Anonymous27 said 5 days ago

Quoting: The White Rabbit
    "So Hassan won’t be racing 1500m, as he solo efforted his wins at his Regionals in the 400 (:49high) and 800 (1:58). At METRO’s he’ll go even faster in both just to show that he’ll be a contender again come OFSAA."

While from my understanding Dillon Landon is out for some strange reason. Apparently he no showed his 100 finals, 200 and 400m. Considering he was the only one to beat Hassan in the 400m last year and was the clear favourite being the MB record holder, I’d say Hassan has suddenly become the heavy favourite in both evens. Disregarding Landon the fastest JB 400m time I’ve seen is Zach Bowness 50.8. And we all know Hassan is the heavy favourite in the 800m.

Quote comment
    May 21st, 2018
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #28 

Quoting: The White Rabbit
    "So Hassan won’t be racing 1500m, as he solo efforted his wins at his Regionals in the 400 (:49high) and 800 (1:58). At METRO’s he’ll go even faster in both just to show that he’ll be a contender again come OFSAA."

While from my understanding Dillon Landon is out for some strange reason. Apparently he no showed his 100 finals, 200 and 400m. Considering he was the only one to beat Hassan in the 400m last year and was the clear favourite being the MB record holder, I’d say Hassan has suddenly become the heavy favourite in both evens. Disregarding Landon the fastest JB 400m time I’ve seen is Zach Bowness 50.8. And we all know Hassan is the heavy favourite in the 800m.

Quote comment
    May 21st, 2018
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #29 

My apologies I did not mean to post that twice, my bad

Quote comment
    May 21st, 2018
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #30 

Quoting: Anonymous
    "He is out for all events and didn’t run in the relays, though I guess he could later on if he’s healed in time. He went down with what looked like a hamstring during the 400m."

Wow that is a huge blow to TISS listing their golden boy this early. It also makes the Eastern category much more open. Considering how dominant he was last year.
    Thank you for the info

Quote comment
    May 21st, 2018
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #31 

Quoting: Anonymous27
    "Wow that is a huge blow to TISS listing their golden boy this early. It also makes the Eastern category much more open. Considering how dominant he was last year.
    Thank you for the info"

losing, not listing

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #32 

Anonymous said 5 days ago

"Who are some of the top midge sprinters? And what are your time predictions? Do you think they will go sub 11 at OFSAA?"

Rose twins (Jadon & Jalon) are probably the 2 favourites in the 100 and 200, and yes they have both run low 11s this season so sub 11 is definitely a possibility

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #33 

Anonymous said 5 days ago

Landon out if that's true means Redford and Robinson are assured 1st and 2nd in the 100 and 200. With Erimiatoe probably bronze, Brookes probably bronze 200. Meredith and Keller now look good 400 with Hussein unless Robinson runs it.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #34 

Anonymous said 4 days ago

Any predictions for Senior Girls 800m, 1500m, 3000m or steeple? Seems like another stacked field again...

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #35 

Anonymous said 4 days ago

Pretty bold prediction. But im saying Adam Tait for the 3k dub. Guys been training like an animal lately. Hasn't taken an off day since christmas...3 years ago. Sub 8min definetly not out of the question

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #36 

David said 2 days ago

Who do you guys have for the senior boys distance events at ofsaa?

This post was edited by a Moderator [Issues] 2 days ago . 
    Message from Moderator:
    Moved this post here rather than start a brand new thread.
    If you have issues/questions please contact moderator@trackie.com.
    Quote comment
  • gfetrack88 User since:
    May 24th, 2018
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #37 

GFETRACK88 said 2 days ago

Predictions for midget boys 3k and 1500

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #38 

Anonymous said 1 day ago

Association results are getting posted - interesting midget boys results . 1.5 and 3 k times are not earth shattering. Some quicker times for ofsaa west assoc's.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #39 

Anthony said 1 day ago

Predictions for senior boys and girls for the distance events?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #40 

Anonymous said 1 day ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Association results are getting posted - interesting midget boys results . 1.5 and 3 k times are not earth shattering. Some quicker times for ofsaa west assoc's."

In some races qualification is pretty cheap. Where's the need to kill yourself at this point? Let's see if the earth is shattered in the next couple of weeks. I think this midget boys distance class will end up being deeper than last year's, for instance.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #41 

Anonymous said 1 day ago

Quoting: GFETRACK88
    "Predictions for midget boys 3k and 1500"

Tennessee will be a contender for the 1500m. So will Mironov, and maybe Pentland, although he has been having struggles.

Quote comment
  • dad-bod-jogger User since:
    Nov 8th, 2015
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #42 

Dad Bod Jogger said 1 day ago

don't sleep on evan burke

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #43 

Anonymous said 1 day ago

Ofsaa West should be interesting. Burke, Gareau, Zelek, Malleck and Kemp all 356 or faster.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #44 

Anonymous said 22 hours ago

Myles Misener Daley ran a 47.16 in the 400m, nobody can catch him if he's in that form come OFSAA, and he might be even faster with more competition and if he pushes all the way through (I'm not sure if he relaxed in SOSSA, but the closest competitor was about 3 seconds slower so I don't see a reason he would go as hard as possible). He's also likely going to win the 200m, although Emmanuel Ajiroba has run a 21.35 this season with wind, although there was no wind gauge at that meet, the wind was pretty strong. The junior boys 100m hurdles race should be a great race, Zaid Al Awamleh ran a 14.71 at ROPSSAA into a strong headwind, and Jean Luc Foudy went 14.62 also into a headwind. Avery Smiley is also in great form as expected, so it'll likely be a tossup between the 3 for the OFSAA title. Eden Senior is in great form for the 400m hurdles and 400m, but likely won't be winning at OFSAA. The senior boys 100m final should be great, a lot of runners are poised to be going sub 11 and if the conditions are good, I think it'll take a sub 10.8 to win the race, I predict Ajiroba will win it. Peel region has some really strong runners this year, Isaiah Palmer looks set to run sub 11 as well, with 5 going under 11.10 into a headwind. Liam Mather will most likely win the 110m hurdles, although I suppose all three medallists from last years JB 100m hurdles will have a chance, especially Wilson O'neill. Senior boys 400m hurdles will be an exciting race as well, I think Leewinchell Jean will have a very good chance at it. Abdullahi Hassan will most likely double the 400m and 800m, I think he'll get about 48.9 and 1:56.8, and will also very likely run sub 23 should he continue in the 200m to metros and ofsaa

Quote comment
    May 21st, 2018
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #45 

Anonymous27 said 14 hours ago

"I know it’s an obscure race that doesn’t get much attention but for the visually impared boys 100m I would bet my entire bank account on Austin Ingram as long as he doesn’t chose to run with the junior boys. He set the record last year at 11.99 and has already ran an 11.55 this season. Also if you’ve seen him run the anchor leg for his relay team he leaves no doubt that he could go faster if he had the competition to do so. He is also a 23 second man in the 200m"

Just to put some more numbers to the prediction the EOSSAA championships just wrapped up. The time will mean nothing because the headwind was awful.
    Austin ran an 11.53 with no competition into a headwind of about -1.5. He also came second in the junior boys 200m dash despite staggering heavily off of the start. The times were all pretty weak though considering the headwind was over -2.
    He also anchored his 4x100m relay team to second where he passed 2 or 3 anchors in the final stretch and made up plenty of ground on the teams he didn’t catch. Had he ran the junior boys 100m instead of VI he would have beaten Zachary Bowness who won the event in 11.66.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #46 

BankOnThis said 10 hours ago

The fastest girl to run 400m & 800m will not be a senior!

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1