• Contact

LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:
    *For quicker support use email when possible.

You are viewing page of 2.

Discussion Forum >>

International-conference-of-athletics-excellence
Reply to topic Go to last post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #26 

Suomynona said 2 weeks ago

"Who travels from Toronto to Montreal to run a SC? I will tell you who - "serious" athletes.
    all I'm saying is enough of this "I wasn't serious about running" BS"

And an 11:29 to boot!!

What was she in the early 2000s - 2:12/4:28? She went 2:02/4:07 by her mid thirties.

I guess she got just a little* more serious since having all those years off.

(*Sarcasm).

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #27 

Suomynona said 2 weeks ago

Quoting: Buddy
    "Wait a min, the article reads at age 21 she quit the varsity team during her second year after injuries and burnout sapped her love for the sport.

so burnout at 21 but "started serious running at 30""

Well, ya got me!! Only serious people get injuries/burnout. I got nothin.

(As the greenthumbs pile up on your epically inciteful post, please tell me how 4:28 and 4:07 after a long layoff compare in levels of seriousness.)

Quote comment
  • justrun User since:
    Dec 28th, 2019
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #28 

Justrun said 2 weeks ago

"Wait a min, the article reads at age 21 she quit the varsity team during her second year after injuries and burnout sapped her love for the sport.

so burnout at 21 but "started serious running at 30""

She was probably running at quite a young age if she experienced burnout at the age of 21. But many people have fallen back in-love with the sport after burnout. The Youtuber, "Emma Abrahamson" is a great example of this.

Quote comment
  • steveweiler User since:
    Mar 28th, 2012
    thumbs_up 8
    Report    REPLY #29 

SteveWeiler said 2 weeks ago

Quoting: Suomynona
    "And how do her times from that era compare to what she did after her long break from the sport? (At keast ine person in this thread has raised suspicions because of her emergence as a top athlete in her thirties. Clearly they are not paying attention to the main storyline, and I'm very surprised to add that neither are you, Steve.)"

You wrote that "...she started serious running at 30..."
    I provided information suggesting she did some serious running before the age of 30, some of which I witnessed in 2003. Minor note, I may be wrong about ROY, but see that she was OUA XC All-Star in 2001.
    That's all; please don't read more into my post than what I wrote.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 10
    Report    REPLY #30 

Anonymous said 2 weeks ago

"My favourite part is 600m 1:36.52 (2011)
    600m ind. 1:29.71 (2015)
    800m 2:02.90 (2015)
    1000m ind. 2:40.99 (2017)
    1500m 4:07.08 (2015)
    1500m ind. 4:18.75 (2015)
    Mile 4:32.87 (2017)
    Mile ind. 4:52.88 (2002)
    3000m 9:00.42 (2016)
    3000m ind. 9:11.09 (2017)
    5000m 15:24.12 (2017)
    3000mSC 11:10.74 (2002)
    5 km Road 16:10 (2016)
    Half Marathon 1:11:05 (2016)"

ive run faster than all those

Quote comment
  • buddy User since:
    Jun 8th, 2015
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #31 

Buddy said 1 week ago

Seriousness is measured in how often and how hard you train not how fast you run. kid (a) trains 16 days all year and gets on the podium at OFSAA kid (b) trains 6 days a week x 36 weeks and does not make the final which on is "serious"?

you and I don't see eye to eye on the whole serious thing.

This post was edited by Buddy 1 week ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #32 

Suomynona said 1 week ago

"Seriousness is measured in how often and how hard you train not how fast you run. kid (a) trains 16 days all year and gets on the podium at OFSAA kid (b) trains 6 days a week x 36 weeks and does not make the final which on is "serious"?

you and I don't see eye to eye on the whole serious thing."

Well, I would argue that a particular person training to get to 4:07 in their 30s vice training to get to 4:28 in early 20s involves different levels of seriousness. I stand by my comment that she really didn't start serious running (relatively speaking, I admit) until her 30s.

Someone said "I've run those times". So have I. Let's make threads about each other.

Quote comment
  • User since:
    Feb 11th, 2015
    thumbs_up 11
    Report    REPLY #33 

????? said 1 week ago

i trained 7 days a week. did all my workouts/runs. weights/core. i never took it "seriously", putting my all into it and my results suffered for that. being there for runs/workouts doesnt make you serious. a mindset does. just because she was training full time younger doesnt mean she was serious

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 10
    Report    REPLY #34 

Budster said 1 week ago

So if she runs a marathon PR in her 40's will you then say she started "super serious" training in her 40's? Or perhaps even "super duper serious training"

"Well, I would argue that a particular person training to get to 4:07 in their 30s vice training to get to 4:28 in early 20s involves different levels of seriousness. I stand by my comment that she really didn't start serious running (relatively speaking, I admit) until her 30s.

Someone said "I've run those times". So have I. Let's make threads about each other."

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #35 

Suomynona said 1 week ago

Quoting: Budster
    "Blah blah blah"

If she runs a Marathon PR in her 40s (which I fully expect that she will !!....Thank you Budster for your most excellent and informed prediction) I will once again re-state that she did not begin serious training (relatively speaking) until her 30s.

We can keep doing this until she runs that Marathon, if you wish.

Next?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 19
    Report    REPLY #36 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

Let's be real here. Gollish is confident and, at times, brash. That personality is accepted and even admired in countless male track athletes in our sport; but because she is female - AND a high achiever, both on and off the track - people (men) feel need to take her down a few notches.

If you took the same sum of her character and achievements and applied it to a male distance runner, they would be praised to no end. Instead, because she is a female distance runner, she has to deal with the insults and insecure ramblings like the ones posted here.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #37 

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Let's be real here. Gollish is confident and, at times, brash. That personality is accepted and even admired in countless male track athletes in our sport; but because she is female - AND a high achiever, both on and off the track - people (men) feel need to take her down a few notches.

If you took the same sum of her character and achievements and applied it to a male distance runner, they would be praised to no end. Instead, because she is a female distance runner, she has to deal with the insults and insecure ramblings like the ones posted here."

SPOT ON! I would only specify that it is usually INSECURE males who pound on women for behavior they admire in men.

Quote comment
  • buddy User since:
    Jun 8th, 2015
    thumbs_up 26
    Report    REPLY #38 

Buddy said 1 week ago

So would you agree the female teammates at UofT are/were among her biggest fans???

"Let's be real here. Gollish is confident and, at times, brash. That personality is accepted and even admired in countless male track athletes in our sport; but because she is female - AND a high achiever, both on and off the track - people (men) feel need to take her down a few notches.

If you took the same sum of her character and achievements and applied it to a male distance runner, they would be praised to no end. Instead, because she is a female distance runner, she has to deal with the insults and insecure ramblings like the ones posted here."

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 42
    Report    REPLY #39 

Gollish has pissed off her teammates numerous times. One example is when she put up a funding page for training and competing expenses for Rio 2016. Some of her teammates donated not knowing she drives a 2-door Audio sports car and her parents are/were both doctors. Dad retired as a Orthopaedic surgeon at Sunnybrook and mom is Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at UofT.

Quote comment
  • slamer User since:
    Feb 27th, 2016
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #40 

slamer said 1 week ago

I have to say read this board, a lot of you are horrible human beings.

That is all.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 27
    Report    REPLY #41 

Budingo said 1 week ago

correction:
    horrible honest human beings

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #42 

I wonder who would know some of this stuff about Sasha. Maybe someone on the inside or related to someone on the inside?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 10
    Report    REPLY #43 

"I wonder who would know some of this stuff about Sasha. Maybe someone on the inside or related to someone on the inside?"

Husband of someone on the inside.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 27
    Report    REPLY #44 

Actually Real said 1 week ago

To be honest, if a male acts the way Gollish does, that would not be an athlete I would praise to no end. I don't think I've seen any athletes act the way she does.

I used to be intrigued when I saw Gollish's name on the start list of a race but now the most likely outcome seems to be her DNS or DNF.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #45 

Quoting: Actually Real
    "To be honest, if a male acts the way Gollish does, that would not be an athlete I would praise to no end. I don't think I've seen any athletes act the way she does.

I used to be intrigued when I saw Gollish's name on the start list of a race but now the most likely outcome seems to be her DNS or DNF."

Exactly. Now her performances are overhyped and full of excuses and dnfs. It gets old.

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1