Report  ORIGINAL

hi said 2 weeks ago

Predictions for each race at ACXC

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #26 

St. Paul's copy edit said 1 week ago

1.) I hadn't actually read the article in question, yet.
    2.) Just Google-searched "ACXC 2019 Preview" and AI is the second site listed, third listing. (cleared browser on diff. pc same result).
    3.) Thanks.
    4.) I think it will be very exciting too.

Visit the Athletics Illustrated tent, co-branded with Frontrunners Footwear and the interview backdrop is co-branded with Athletics Canada - lots of interviews to go down there... will have some rack cards on the Pan Am XC Cup.....

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #27 

Anonymous said 6 days ago

For you information, Quebec is still part of Canada in case you forgot!

U20M: I'm surprised to see no mention of Marc-André Trudeau Perron in your predictions (2018-2019 U20 5000m Canadian champion, 14:16 over 5000m which 15 seconds faster than any other junior, silver medalist at PanAm U20, etc.), Philippe Morneau Cartier (comfortably won U20 QC championship).

U20F: No mention at all of Simone Plourde? She won all her XC races including CCAA championship by a comfortable margin while having some great track races this summer (4:23 over 1500m, Canadian U20 1500m bronze medalist, 16:57 over 5000m).

Those athletes may not win, but I think they are worth mentioning and will be in the mix for a place on the podium

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 8
    Report    REPLY #28 

[QUOTE]Quoting: Anonymous
    "For you information, Quebec is still part of Canada in case you forgot!

Is it really though?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #29 

[QUOTE]Quoting: Anonymous
    "Predictions for Senior Men and Women as well as u20 Men and Women"

Reply #23, you deserve a round of appolause becuase you put in a lot of effort in to that!

Quote comment
  • not-trackie User since:
    Aug 13th, 2017
    thumbs_up 12
    Report    REPLY #30 

Not Trackie said 5 days ago

ACXC better than CR rankings

High def IMAX 3D surround sound dolby digital HD version:
    https://twitter.com/RunningHotTakes/status/1200668762506022913?s=20
    https://twitter.com/RunningHotTakes/status/1200669144384827392?s=20

Yeah, Canadian Running is taking some HEAT. It’s like sticking your face underneath the cheeks of a Japanese sumo wrestler riding 3-wide on a SWOOP air missile. In all fairness, it is difficult to predict junior races unless you are a junior yourself. I know like 1 junior runner, Andrew Davies, and he’s going to win… ANYWAY, lack of knowledge for this age category is why I have refrained from predicting it. I don’t even know what music juniors listen to these days, but there is absolutely no way it’s good. Yap, that’s the intro. Onto the important stuff…

Women:
    1 – Lalonde: For some reason steeplechasers have a tendency to rock these things harder than the Scorpions did on NHL 2010. She also had a top 20 finish at worlds XC earlier this year. Respect for competing at this thing just a couple months after worlds track. Not many high-profile track athletes have that kind of hustle

2 – Wodak: Like the BC November Rain (shoutout Guns & Roses) she never seems to go away, and for the first time in 4 years gets to run close to home. The problem is that the BC weather has gone ass backwards and NOT rained for a week, leaving the course drier than the sand maps in Mario cart. This could be a disadvantage for Natasha, but she’ll rip one anyway for the fans.

3 – Coates: A flight delay of a few hours gave me a chance to have a short discussion with this athlete, who expressed her liking to racing in the MUCK, and her disappointment with the lack of BC precipitation. She may try to convince the fire department to just launch hydrant water all over the course Friday night to create slip and slide conditions Saturday. Although my back does not enjoy mud, I wouldn’t even be mad because the amount of respect I would have for that sort of effort is off the charts.

4 – Lisa Brooking: Finished a few seconds back of Wodak at the BC champs in October and I honestly don’t know what else to say here.

5 – Sarah Inglis: Finished a few seconds back of BROOKING at the BC champs in October. The Scottish scooter will look to go razor mode and just hammer everyone in the shins. Getting bonked in the shins with a razor scooter is in the top 3 worst things that a person could ever experience, right up there with eating coleslaw and biting into an oatmeal raisin cookie you thought was chocolate chip.

6 – Sasha Gollish: The weather is too good to DNF, and when she doesn’t DNF she really gets #InOne

7 – Regan Yee: Steeplechaser so you know what THAT means. Her spikes always smell because she packs them WET. Luckily for her the course is clean enough to dry them out. Unluckily for her competitors they’re still gonna STINK

The rest: Maria Bernard-Galea (Can she channel some of that Calgary magic created by THE DINOS???), Lindsay Carson (does she still live in the Yukon? If so that’s wild), Shona McCulloch (11th at NCAA West Regional is pretty good), Catherine Beachemin and Jessy Lacourse (will the Laval kids make up for their usports BOMB?),

Men
    1 – Tate: Super deep underground inside sources have taken a break from spelunking in caves to tell me this kid is so fit that his shorts require a motor to keep up with his legs, and for that reason he’s going to win. The only way he loses is if his partner in pong sucks and he has to do an extra naked mile… haha, when did that happen?

2 – Bruchet: Not too sure what this guy has been up to but when you’re a two-time defending champion you have to give a good reason to drop down the rankings, and quite frankly I probably would have put him at #1 if I didn’t have a million people telling me Mike is riding BIKES right now. This guy takes “send it” to heart and will mostly likely GUN it from the GUN once again. G2 mode baby. Will he hold on?

3 – Preisner: Canadian worlds team member and he ran a pretty dank half marathon in Toronto. The amount of fumes he inhaled into his system by following the pro Ethiopian and Kenyan marathoners might still be giving him residual effects which will help carry him over the line Saturday.

4 – Gay: Another steeplechaser who has performed well on the cross-country scene. Without a Usports season to zap his energy you better believe this guy is going to be more electric than an EDM concert where a bunch of dudes with spiked up hair dyed blonde are going absolutely bananas in the front row.

5 – White: I don’t think Declan will place 5th because I haven’t had time to look up the last time he raced, but the segway was too good. This guy LOVES bananas (allegedly), and also booked the after party. You have to think he wants to have a good impression going into the AP which is all the more incentive to launch a fast one during the race.

6 – Ubene: Insanely trustworthy sources have been telling me the woes of a mechanical engineering schedule have been seriously hammering this guy in the bum since USPORTS season finished. Pair that with a sonic the hedgehog style 3000 m around the body shredder that is the Guelph track and you have a recipe for disaster. ET still works though so still gonna send it.

7 – Connor Black: Another guy who didn’t have a USPORTS season, he was able to run away from a small AO field to show he’s definitely in some kind of decent shape. The question is what polygon is it? We’ll find out.

8 – Desgagnés: I’m going to go with the assumption that getting shitmixed at USPORTS was a one off and Johnny boy (errrr… Jeany boy?) is out for redemption, Red Dead style. I’ve never played that game because I’m usually too busy throwing snowballs in club penguin.

9 – Brandon Allen: ANOTHER steeplechaser, this guy is making a resurgence a few years removed from his NCAA career. Made the junior team a while back and is a Windsor Legion product so I had to give him the shoutout.

The Rest: Thomas Broatch (13th at USPORTS has to mean something), Rob Watson (guy got roped into it because of teammates slacking off), Kieran “Old” McDonald and Roman “The Chef” Justinen (2 ex-CIS dudes still looking to have some fun), Theo Hunt (I heard he enjoys sleeping in a tent), Rob Denault (when was the last time this dude ran cross country?), the BackRoads Bandits (can they beat Speed River?)

This post was edited by Not Trackie 5 days ago . 
    Quote comment
    Aug 13th, 2017
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #31 

Looks like I decided to make 2019 predictions based off of 2018 BCXC results so uhhhh... yeah...

Quote comment
    Aug 13th, 2017
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #32 

UPDATED women's based on 2019 facts and not 2018: Lalonde, Wodak, Coates, Inglis, Yee, Bernard, Gollish, Brooking, Carson
    The rest: add in Ally Ginther

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #33 

Anonymous said 5 days ago

Quoting: Not Trackie
    " I know like 1 junior runner, Andrew Davies, and he’s going to win… ANYWAY"

Good call - race was over at 5K!!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #34 

Xc is a team sport but Steve fleck never discusses team aspect he should get a flotrack membership and learn a bit about the sport

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #35 

Good on you Toronto West

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitclifton100 User since:
    May 15th, 2018
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #36 

clifton100 said 2 days ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "[QUOTE]Team Ontario will crush Team BC in the u20 men’s race on Saturday. Mark my words"

Team Ontario cherry picks runners from the field to represent Ontario.

BC funds their team entries and travel to

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1