• Contact

LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:
    *For quicker support use email when possible.

Discussion Forum >>

International-conference-of-athletics-excellence
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 6
Report  ORIGINAL

Anonymous said 1 week ago

Race walkers at Toronto Track and Field Centre

So a group of sub 2:00 mid distance boys are running 1000m tempo pace at York and with strict rules regarding who is supposed to be running in lane 1, the race walkers who train at a much slower pace than what the rules require are screaming TRACK for the lads to get the hell out of their way!!!

why are the walkers allowed on the banked track?
any why are the parks & rec staff not enforcing the posted rules?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #1 

Anonymous said 6 days ago

When was this?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 24
    Report    REPLY #2 

Anon said 6 days ago

The walkers are passing your runners? You've got some slow runners. Or are your runners standing around in lane 1 when they are finished running?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 25
    Report    REPLY #3 

Frosty the Bro Man said 6 days ago

So stuff like this happens all over the country every day at indoor facilities. But since this incident happened in TO, the centre of tbe universe, it warrants a thread on Trackie?

Get over yourself. Speak directly to the walkers and resolve this like an adult.

/thread

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #4 

every week x 5 years lol

Quoting: Anonymous
    "When was this?"

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #5 

oh

sorry for breaking the trackie rules.

RULES ARE RULES you know

Quoting: Frosty the Bro Man
    "So stuff like this happens all over the country every day at indoor facilities. But since this incident happened in TO, the centre of tbe universe, it warrants a thread on Trackie?

Get over yourself. Speak directly to the walkers and resolve this like an adult.

/thread"

Quote comment
  • onet User since:
    Sep 22nd, 2019
    thumbs_up 11
    Report    REPLY #6 

OneT said 6 days ago

Wait, let me get this straight... The racewalkers are telling your athletes to get out of the way when they're going slower? That doesn't add up. Maybe it could be that your athletes are standing around on the track after they finish running? I'm sure standing around is much slower than what the rules require, maybe the parks & rec staff should enforce those rules too!

Quote comment
  • ontario-racewalkers-association User since:
    Jan 9th, 2013
    thumbs_up 21
    Report    REPLY #7 

Ontario Racewalkers Association said 4 days ago

Why is it that there is no problem with a 12 year old doing interval runs on the track much slower then an 18 yeaar old which is much slower then an olympic athlete. A minimum speed is not the dictate for doing intervals in lane one. Having both feet off the ground during each step is also not a dictate. On the day in questin, I had three racewalkers doing intervals. For the record one of them won 4 gold medals at the last world masters championships and you think your provincial level athletes have more rights?? As for these racewalkers screaming "Track", that's crazy. They are not as fast as the runners. This occured only when a few runners were just standing in lane one and two after a repeat.
    Stafford Whalen, retired Athletics Canada National Racewalk Coordinator & Coach

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #8 

Anonymous said 4 days ago

racewalkers are bad people. ive been saying it for awhile

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 15
    Report    REPLY #9 

BQ13X said 4 days ago

There is something posted on the wall at York regarding this topic.
    I know our women's marathon group who run 3:35 marathon are not allowed on the banked track when they are doing tempo pace which is faster than a race-walker.

So sorry but the rule is in fact not who you are or what you have achieved but how fast you are running :)

Anyway check it out next time you are there as the rules are clearly posted on the wall.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #10 

Quoting: BQ13X
    "There is something posted on the wall at York regarding this topic.

Anyway check it out next time you are there as the rules are clearly posted on the wall."

Any reason you can't actually quote what this 'something' is that is posted as a rule?

If you don't know what it says, then how can you be so sure that it would limit racewalkers from working out in lane 1?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 10
    Report    REPLY #11 

I know our women's marathon group who run 3:35 marathon are not allowed on the banked track when they are doing tempo pace which is faster than a race-walker.

So sorry but the rule is in fact not who you are or what you have achieved but how fast you are running :)

Anyway check it out next time you are there as the rules are clearly posted on the wall."

Who does a tempo workout on a busy, banked 200m track?!? Hell would freeze over before I’d go to York to run a tempo workout....outside on the road or in an absolute worse case weather scenario the treadmill. In fact (god forbid), if my coach sent down a workout involving intervals longer than 1k, the York track is the absolute last place I’d do that workout. I hope you aren’t saying that the facility is allowing the men’s marathon group to do tempo workouts on the track but not the women because they are “too slow”.

It’s a public facility and the race walkers (some of whom I know quite well) quietly go about their race walking business in single file in lane 1. It’s pretty easy to pass them (without the need to bump or jostle them either when going by) and they tend to be pretty efficient in getting their workouts done.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #12 

Anonymous said 3 days ago

The racewalkers are the least of your problems if you are trying to use that track. Some people won't bother to check on the direction in which you are supposed to run on any given day and will obstinately run against regular traffic. And try coming at a busy time of the day and you will see tens of young athletes literally camping on the jogging lane a the back of the track, putting their spikes on, checking instagram, etc. I started going at 2:30 so I could be done by the time those large teams came. Not worth it. The racewalkers are respecful, go in single file, and get out of the way the moment they finish.

Quote comment
  • onet User since:
    Sep 22nd, 2019
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #13 

OneT said 3 days ago

I know our women's marathon group who run 3:35 marathon are not allowed on the banked track when they are doing tempo pace which is faster than a race-walker."

Maybe that's because your runners are doing TEMPO workouts...
    If the race walkers are doing 400m repeats, maybe they're going faster. The race walkers are not going to York to do their tempo walks.

This post was edited by OneT 3 days ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #14 

WalkitlikeItalkit said 3 days ago

The rule is 4:00 per km pace or faster or stay off the track, this would even apply to Harry and Meghan so it really does not matter who you are.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #15 

Anonymous said 12 hours ago

Quoting: Frosty the Bro Man
    "So stuff like this happens all over the country every day at indoor facilities. But since this incident happened in TO, the centre of tbe universe, it warrants a thread on Trackie?

/thread"

You could, you know, ignore this post, like an adult as well. No one is forcing you to read it. Just because someone has a thread that doesn't involve you, doesn't mean that "they think they are the centre of the universe". Get over yourself.

Guess what Toronto people DON'T do if there was a thread about any other place. Complain like a child. I would venture to guess most people on here are the same way (regardless of region)...except your mature ass.

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1