LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:

Discussion Forum >>

TrackieReg - Free Online Registration for pretty much anything!
Reply to topic Go to last post
User since:
Apr 10th, 2019
thumbs_up 0
Report  ORIGINAL

mocmeo1998 said 1 week ago

relax

I've recently just experienced some pretty catastrophic hits to my self-confidence with racing and such and am taking some time off from competitive racing to regroup and refocus, I was just wondering if other people have experienced a similar situation and what their experience(s) were/was like? Running is tough, the toughest sport in the world and it takes a huge toll on the runner mentally at times. Just wondering how/if time off has helped others improve their enjoyment of the sport and helped them refocus to help improve performance. Any thoughts, comments etc would be gladly appreciated.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #1 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

I've battled injury after injury since graduating university and have been contemplating giving up on the sport all together at times. I recently decided to take a step back and not put as much pressure on myself and try to enjoy getting out for runs rather than thinking of them as a chore or something "I have to do" as well as not sacrificing other things in life because of running. By reducing overall mileage, incorporating more cross training and taking pressure off myself I've actually surprised myself in races and have PB'ed in some distances. I found taking this step back mentally has allowed me to enjoy the sport more and have more fun while not feeling as much pressure on myself. The cross training can also give you a mental break and allow you to mix it up while still maintaining fitness and reducing boredom. I also work full time so use training as a mental break from the real world at times. These things have worked for me so perhaps they can help you regain some confidence and allow you to continue to enjoy the sport.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #2 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

What distance are you running? Is it track or road? How old are you? What's your training regime.

Your problem could be over training or under training. Please provide more info.

Quote comment
  • trailer User since:
    Oct 15th, 2015
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #3 

Trailer said 1 week ago

I've had my share of stale periods and injury time in a very long running career. My best therapy was always easy runs on a favourite trail and sometimes in clothing or shoes that weren't traditional running attire. During one bout of staleness I had my blood tested and my ferritin level was so low it was almost non-existent. An iron supplement a diet tweaking fixed that.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #4 

Mary U. said 1 week ago

Running in the trails more has always helped me. Pace is less meaningful and the varied terrain keeps you in the moment. Social runs are great, too. First, make it fun again.

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1