• Contact

LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:
    *For quicker support use email when possible.

Discussion Forum >>

International-conference-of-athletics-excellence
Reply to topic Go to last post
User since:
Mar 17th, 2014
thumbs_up 3
Report  ORIGINAL

Lobster said 5 days ago

Salacious gossip.

It seems that if there is a whiff of sex, drugs, or what, readers of trackie have two cents to add. I like Trackie because it brings me news of my favourite sport in my favourite country.
Yes, it is tragic that we have our scandals, like all other sports and cultural activities in all other jurisdictions. I am here for the stats.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #1 

JH said 5 days ago

Quoting: Lobster
    "It seems that if there is a whiff of sex, drugs, or what, readers of trackie have two cents to add. I like Trackie because it brings me news of my favourite sport in my favourite country.
    Yes, it is tragic that we have our scandals, like all other sports and cultural activities in all other jurisdictions. I am here for the stats."

There's a "Results" section right next to the "Forum" section on the menu bar for all the stats.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #2 

Anonymous said 5 days ago

"It seems that if there is a whiff of sex, drugs, or what, readers of trackie have two cents to add. I like Trackie because it brings me news of my favourite sport in my favourite country.
    Yes, it is tragic that we have our scandals, like all other sports and cultural activities in all other jurisdictions. I am here for the stats."

I am here for people complaining about other people's conversations. I can't get enough of it.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #3 

Andrew Jones said 5 days ago

I have a mixed response to this observation and feeling, Lobster. Sure, it would be great to stick just to the nuts and bolts of the sport (see "stats" as you put it), and avoid all of the "salacious gossip", but as much as we may try to separate these things -- and for better or for worse -- I think it is impossible. BTW, much of this said gossip turned out to be true in the prime example I think you are referring to, so to dismiss it as so much empty speculation is a generalization, and minimizes some necessary examination (even "catharsis") by the athletics culture in this country, and beyond.

Quote comment
  • master2b User since:
    Jun 9th, 2011
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #4 

Master2B said 5 days ago

Interesting you chose the title Salacious Gossip to get your post viewed. Really it should be Salacious Statistics if you’re not into gossip, like you say.

Quote comment
  • jaaquen-haagar User since:
    Jun 23rd, 2016
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #5 

Jaaquen Haagar said 5 days ago

Just give me a name.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #6 

Anonymous said 5 days ago

It's the journey not the destination.

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1