LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:

Discussion Forum >>

TrackieReg - Free Online Registration for pretty much anything!
Reply to topic Go to last post
User since:
Oct 28th, 2013
thumbs_up 56
Report  ORIGINAL

Ape said 1 month ago

shameless self plug

Hey Trackie's. I'm Anthony Romaniw.

Some of you may remember me from running classics such as:

"The Misunderstood Gesture of Goodwill to his Teammate"
"Moscow 2013: A New Hope"
"The Pan Am Games Strikes Back: "
and
"The Return of the Major Games Choke"

and more recently,

"Olivia's Washed up Brother"

I'm here to tell you that I'm gonna be posting all my workouts on my famous blog. No not the one off Canadian Running "I Had a Love Affair with Writing once and it was Magical and None of you will Ever Understand what we had Together" post. My other blog, where the most popular post was written by an ex girlfriend AND NO I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!

I call this post..."Log" and its my greatest work yet. .

https://anthonyromaniw.wordpress.com

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 13
    Report    REPLY #1 

Anonymous said 1 month ago

who?

Quote comment
  • ape User since:
    Oct 28th, 2013
    thumbs_up 42
    Report    REPLY #2 

Ape said 1 month ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "who?"

*cries deeply*

Quote comment
  • mattnorminton User since:
    Mar 17th, 2015
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #3 

mattnorminton said 1 month ago

Quoting: Ape
    "Hey Trackie's. I'm Anthony Romaniw.

Some of you may remember me from running classics such as:

"The Misunderstood Gesture of Goodwill to his Teammate"
    "Moscow 2013: A New Hope"
    "The Pan Am Games Strikes Back: "
    and
    "The Return of the Major Games Choke"

and more recently,

"Olivia's Washed up Brother"

I'm here to tell you that I'm gonna be posting all my workouts on my famous blog. No not the one off Canadian Running "I Had a Love Affair with Writing once and it was Magical and None of you will Ever Understand what we had Together" post. My other blog, where the most popular post was written by an ex girlfriend AND NO I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!

I call this post..."Log" and its my greatest work yet. .

https://anthonyromaniw.wordpress.com"

Love that you can laugh at yourself, good stuff. What’s the end goal here with the training and racing?

Quote comment
  • ape User since:
    Oct 28th, 2013
    thumbs_up 39
    Report    REPLY #4 

Ape said 1 month ago

Quoting: mattnorminton
    "Love that you can laugh at yourself, good stuff. What’s the end goal here with the training and racing?"

World/Olympic finals. Medals. Canadian title/record.

I would settle for beating that rascal Heppenstall again though. There can only be one St. Thomas More Catholic Secondary School Champion.

Quote comment
  • ape User since:
    Oct 28th, 2013
    thumbs_up 7
    Report    REPLY #5 

Ape said 3 weeks ago

new post

https://anthonyromaniw.wordpress.com/2019/03/28/march-11-25-2019/

Quote comment
  • ape User since:
    Oct 28th, 2013
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #6 

Ape said 2 weeks ago

another one

https://anthonyromaniw.wordpress.com/2019/04/05/mar-26-apr-5/

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #7 

MyGUY said 2 weeks ago

BRO, why follow, at best your my 2nd favourite runner to come out of STM! S/O P-MAC

Quote comment
  • ape User since:
    Oct 28th, 2013
    thumbs_up 11
    Report    REPLY #8 

Ape said 2 weeks ago

Quoting: MyGUY
    "BRO, why follow, at best your my 2nd favourite runner to come out of STM! S/O P-MAC"

I see Coach Pat's minions have grown in number and nerve since his 2:25 marathon. He has sent many like you before, as he covets my OFSAA medals always but is unwilling to risk direct conflict.

Tell this to your master: rot in your dark lair you swine, and let GHAC and South Region plunder forever be your only company.

Quote comment
  • ape User since:
    Oct 28th, 2013
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #9 

Ape said 1 day ago

April 6-18

https://anthonyromaniw.wordpress.com/2019/04/20/april-6-18/

Quote comment
  • costen User since:
    Sep 29th, 2013
    thumbs_up 17
    Report    REPLY #10 

Costen said 20 hours ago

This is the best thread on Trackie.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #11 

Talkthetalk said 16 hours ago

Why’d you leave Dartmouth? Next blog fill me in on the difference between the NCAA vs CIS. coaching, facilities, travel, team funds, scholarships etc.

Quote comment
  • ape User since:
    Oct 28th, 2013
    thumbs_up 10
    Report    REPLY #12 

Ape said 11 hours ago

d you leave Dartmouth? Next blog fill me in on the difference between the NCAA vs CIS. coaching, facilities, travel, team funds, scholarships etc."[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't think anybody needs me to tell them that ON AVERAGE the NCAA offers what is likely the best sporting environment in the world. Facilities, weather, coaching, competition, expenses, exposure. If you can get your education paid for even better.

On average going to school in Canada is more cost effective for the male athletes. Its especially hard for a Canadian male 800m runner to get a scholarship that would make the NCAA cheaper because you aren't running XC.

However, the average quality of the NCAA means nothing since you only get to pick one program.

When you look at a school...

Does the coach have a history of producing athletes over the 4-5 years? What percentage are they batting?
    How many athletes does the coach handle? How good of a communicator are they? Are they a good human being?
    Is there an S&C coach? Does the main coach know anything about S&C? Who writes that? Weight room access?
    Access to quality, hands on manual therapy? Do the coach, therapist and S&C talk to each other to streamline your program top to bottom?
    Physiological/blood/skin fold testing? How science based is the program?
    Ultimately, is the program equipped to meet the needs of different kinds of athletes?
    Is your body suited to training on a flat indoor track during the winter? Banked? Oversized? Warm weather year round?
    What is the place like to train? Quick access to trails? Is there a decent hill for repeats? Rolling hills? Flat trail for tempo? Cross training modalities?
    How far away from home are you willing to live? Cost of flying back and forth?
    Will your teammates throw mad elbows and create precarious (morally and structurally) human walls to try to secure you a spot at CIS?

The exact details of my personal experience are pretty much irrelevant. However, if I had to do it all over again, those are the big questions I would be exploring. The goal should be to ask direct questions that require direct answers.

This post was edited by Ape 11 hours ago . 
    Quote comment
  • oldster User since:
    Sep 25th, 2013
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #13 

Oldster said 10 hours ago

Quoting: Costen
    "This is the best thread on Trackie."

I'm partial to it myself. But then, I am a long time AR fan. Track, at every level, needs more big, original personalities. E.g., everyone loved Pre because he was good, loved the sport, and loved sharing his passion with his fans and competitors. Likewise the great Zatopek, may his great soul ever RIP.

Quote comment
  • sammyd User since:
    Oct 30th, 2013
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #14 

SammyD said 7 hours ago

Quoting: Ape
    Does the coach have a history of producing athletes over the 4-5 years? What percentage are they batting?
    How many athletes does the coach handle? How good of a communicator are they? Are they a good human being?
    Is there an S&C coach? Does the main coach know anything about S&C? Who writes that? Weight room access?
    Access to quality, hands on manual therapy? Do the coach, therapist and S&C talk to each other to streamline your program top to bottom?
    Physiological/blood/skin fold testing? How science based is the program?
    Ultimately, is the program equipped to meet the needs of different kinds of athletes?
    Is your body suited to training on a flat indoor track during the winter? Banked? Oversized? Warm weather year round?
    What is the place like to train? Quick access to trails? Is there a decent hill for repeats? Rolling hills? Flat trail for tempo? Cross training modalities?
    How far away from home are you willing to live? Cost of flying back and forth?
    Will your teammates throw mad elbows and create precarious (morally and structurally) human walls to try to secure you a spot at CIS?

The exact details of my personal experience are pretty much irrelevant. However, if I had to do it all over again, those are the big questions I would be exploring. The goal should be to ask direct questions that require direct answers."

Great summary, I hope any and all Canadian track and field athletes consider these types of questions(some of these specific questions more relate to middle distance runners but still) when picking their school, NCAA or USports. Nice work.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitape User since:
    Oct 28th, 2013
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #15 

Ape said 5 hours ago

Quoting: Oldster
    "I'm partial to it myself. But then, I am a long time AR fan. Track, at every level, needs more big, original personalities. E.g., everyone loved Pre because he was good, loved the sport, and loved sharing his passion with his fans and competitors. Likewise the great Zatopek, may his great soul ever RIP."

Thanks Steve. I appreciate the support big time.

The goal is to be beloved by all of course.

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1