• Contact

LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:
    *For quicker support use email when possible.

Discussion Forum >>

International-conference-of-athletics-excellence
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 1
Report  ORIGINAL

Anonymous said 1 week ago

SMR NOT a Relay

According to our PSO, Athletics Ontario, the SMR isn't really a relay. At least it is not not one worth contesting at the Provincial Indoor Relay Championships.

I mean it would require that they organize 4 relay events at a 2 day meet so I understand how challenging that must be. And the distances are all crazy & different.

Seriously AO? Get your shtuff together.

Quote comment
  • justrun User since:
    Dec 28th, 2019
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #1 

Justrun said 1 week ago

The meet is called the "Provincial Indoor Relay Championships", so why would it be a challenge for them to include 4 relays in the meet, especially when one of those 3 relays included isn't offered to all ages.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #2 

Quoting:
    "According to our PSO, Athletics Ontario, the SMR isn't really a relay. At least it is not not one worth contesting at the Provincial Indoor Relay Championships.

I mean it would require that they organize 4 relay events at a 2 day meet so I understand how challenging that must be. And the distances are all crazy & different.

Seriously AO? Get your shtuff together."

Can you point to where AO said the SMR is NOT really a relay?

Or is that just your assumption based on the fact it is not included in the meet?

Did you actually ask AO or just figure that posting an anonymous post on a message board is a more effective way to follow up with AO decision makers?

(I also note they aren't including a DMR, 4xmile or shuttle hurdle relay. Presumably that means those are not really relays either?)

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #3 

Love the SMR relay. They are offering it on both the regular Championship weekends.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #4 

Quoting: Justrun
    "The meet is called the "Provincial Indoor Relay Championships", so why would it be a challenge for them to include 4 relays in the meet, especially when one of those 3 relays included isn't offered to all ages."

Like the other guy said, maybe try following up with the PSO...

We followed up with AO, they mentioned that they are including the SMR at the individual championships. Part of the reason was that athletes want/need to get performances in before the individual championships in February and March. The competitive season is pretty short if you haven't noticed. Not to mention the need to get performances in to qualify for the U16 Ontario vs Quebec Dual meet. Seems like you aren't really in touch with what's going on. Get your head on straight and try venting to AO if you have an issue. Maybe, just maybe, they'll change something for you since you're so angry.

They haven't done a distance medley indoors in years and just did one outdoors this past summer. It's also an offering for the U20 and Open groups according to their policy. We all know that those age groups are preoccupied with Usports.

Quote comment
  • justrun User since:
    Dec 28th, 2019
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #5 

Justrun said 1 week ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "We followed up with AO, they mentioned that they are including the SMR at the individual championships. Part of the reason was that athletes want/need to get performances in before the individual championships in February and March. The competitive season is pretty short if you haven't noticed. Not to mention the need to get performances in to qualify for the U16 Ontario vs Quebec Dual meet. Seems like you aren't really in touch with what's going on. Get your head on straight and try venting to AO if you have an issue. Maybe, just maybe, they'll change something for you since you're so angry.

They haven't done a distance medley indoors in years and just did one outdoors this past summer. It's also an offering for the U20 and Open groups according to their policy. We all know that those age groups are preoccupied with Usports."

First of all, since this post was directed at me, what in the world made your think that I am "so angry" and "have an issue" about the relay meet. I am actually competing at this meet and have no problem at all about how the meets gonna go.

Second of all, the, "seems like you aren't really in touch with what's going on" comment seemed very ill-founded considering that literally all I said was that it wouldn't have been a problem for them to include another relay at this meet.

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #6 

Quoting: Justrun
    "First of all, since this post was directed at me, what in the world made your think that I am "so angry" and "have an issue" about the relay meet. I am actually competing at this meet and have no problem at all about how the meets gonna go.

Second of all, the, "seems like you aren't really in touch with what's going on" comment seemed very ill-founded considering that literally all I said was that it wouldn't have been a problem for them to include another relay at this meet."

I actually meant to quote the person who started this thread. My mistake, lol :p

Quote comment
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1