G-Squa said 4 months ago

Too early U-sport predictions

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #301 

Anonymous said 1 week ago

Quoting: Master2B
    "Where are the entries? Wanted to see if Popadich is running for Western. Heard she has a stress fracture in her foot."

Heard she did an 8k time trial on it the day after OUA's and made it worse.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #302 

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Sorry, your just high if you think for a second that Brogan gets anything but stronger the longer she goes. She gets better just from 3k to 5k, and her sister goes low 33 for 10k. At Lehigh she beat 2 all-americans with relative ease after a spring and summer of injury. Then think about her XC credentials. If someone had won a conference by 30-40 secs or something then maybe you could talk about a chance of her losing. Popadich won Western by like 45 secs in a course record then won Bayfront by over a minute. Brogan demolished her by 40 secs in just 3k, and Popadich was trying as hard as she could to stay ahead of the other queens girl for 3rd. Yes racing is racing. But predicting is predicting, and its simply dumb to predict anyone beating Brogan."

can these brogan fan girls/boys relax!? Just because someone has a different opinion and think that someone else is going to come on top doesn’t mean they are high or dumb. Think it’s kinda weird that people are also this triggered when someone had a different opinion. Also, think popadich had an off day and will at least be closer to the front. She ran much faster at Mac then OUAs. Branna has been injured and will likely have a better race now that she’s got one under the belt and Hufsmith will definitely be up there.

Quote comment
  • michaelrochus User since:
    Nov 26th, 2014
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #303 

MichaelRochus said 1 week ago

"can these brogan fan girls/boys relax!? Just because someone has a different opinion and think that someone else is going to come on top doesn’t mean they are high or dumb. Think it’s kinda weird that people are also this triggered when someone had a different opinion. Also, think popadich had an off day and will at least be closer to the front. She ran much faster at Mac then OUAs. Branna has been injured and will likely have a better race now that she’s got one under the belt and Hufsmith will definitely be up there."

I think it’s unfair to dismiss the supporters as fanboys/girls. Anyone who watched the race would know that the MacDougalls didn’t just take 1-2 at OUAs, they CONTROLLED the race from start to finish. I’ve seen a few races, and that was truly one of the most bizarre I’ve seen.
    I say that if we’ve got people in similar shape for the big dance, bring ‘em on...I’m game for a good race...I’m just having a hard time seeing it after that OUA race.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #304 

"can these brogan fan girls/boys relax!? Just because someone has a different opinion and think that someone else is going to come on top doesn’t mean they are high or dumb. Think it’s kinda weird that people are also this triggered when someone had a different opinion. Also, think popadich had an off day and will at least be closer to the front. She ran much faster at Mac then OUAs. Branna has been injured and will likely have a better race now that she’s got one under the belt and Hufsmith will definitely be up there."

Sorry, you can't compare Bayfront with OUAs... at all. Bayfront was dry, lightening fast, and likely a little short. OUAs was soggy, hilly, and slow. Top 5 team averages for schools that ran basically the same squads in both, including Western, were 30-40 secs slower at OUAs compared with Bayfront. Only Laurentian was close, with basically identical top 5 averages. But they had an awesome day at OUAs. The men's average paces from Bayfront to OUAs tell a similar story for schools that ran their A squads, even when allowing for the shorter distance (5-7 secs per k slower at OUAs when it should be 2-3 max). K Pop likely had very similar races at Mac and OUAs, which makes sense.

Don't get mad a people for making predictions based on actual facts and for calling out ones that are just not.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #305 

Centre for Ants said 1 week ago

Rumour has it that the Queen's Men are too preoccupied coordinating their outfits for the AP and have lost focus on training for Usports. Also, since none of them are Ambi-turners, look for them to have immense difficulty navigating the left turns of the course.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #306 

Quoting: MichaelRochus
    "I think it’s unfair to dismiss the supporters as fanboys/girls. Anyone who watched the race would know that the MacDougalls didn’t just take 1-2 at OUAs, they CONTROLLED the race from start to finish. I’ve seen a few races, and that was truly one of the most bizarre I’ve seen.
    I say that if we’ve got people in similar shape for the big dance, bring ‘em on...I’m game for a good race...I’m just having a hard time seeing it after that OUA race."

fan girls/boys was not an insult. They are their fans no? I’m a fan myself! Nowhere in that post did I say the sisters were nothing short of fantastic. This comment was directed not at the support they’re showing, which is encouraged, but just at how it’s unfair of them to dismiss any other prediction and call people idiots. This is a prediction thread and just think that people shouldn’t get so defensive when someone doesn’t share the same prediction. That kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a prediction thread. It happens all the time and I just called out this case.

Quote comment
  • mounty User since:
    Sep 26th, 2013
    thumbs_up 12
    Report    REPLY #307 

Mounty said 1 week ago

"fan girls/boys was not an insult. They are their fans no? I’m a fan myself! Nowhere in that post did I say the sisters were nothing short of fantastic. This comment was directed not at the support they’re showing, which is encouraged, but just at how it’s unfair of them to dismiss any other prediction and call people idiots. This is a prediction thread and just think that people shouldn’t get so defensive when someone doesn’t share the same prediction. That kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a prediction thread. It happens all the time and I just called out this case."

A predictions thread without criticisms is like a bowl of Lucky Charms without the marshmallows. I used to get frustrated when people would put other people's predictions down, but now I think it would be boring without. Races can be so unpredictable sometimes. These threads are a perfect opportunity to make bold/bizarre guesses at what the results will be, but people shouldn't get too worked up over harsh criticisms and minor insults. I think the banter adds to the hype!

Quote comment
  • naive-french-fries User since:
    Aug 18th, 2017
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #308 

Naive French Fries said 1 week ago

Let's get ready for the real shit, the real predz: we all know Usports are about the AP!

3,14) Trinity Western... The hope is still there! Maybe one day the Usports power be with them!

2,23) Danza Kuduro is gonna play at least once and it's gonna be LIT!

1,45) If QueenD doesn't get kick out at the bar you know the AP sucks!

1,32) Guelph should put on their big boys pants because DST daddy is not gonna be there!

1,1,13) We all know the fourth team to enter the bar will be Mac.

1,03) The greasy men from the west will drink their sorrow and party hard.

0,42) Some will start hard and peak to early, but others will wait for the right time to push hard and finally win the AP! It's all about pacing yourselves, building up until you fall down and leaving everything you got on the dancefloore.

Quote comment
  • speedyredbull User since:
    Oct 22nd, 2015
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #309 

Speedyredbull said 1 week ago

Speaking of predictions..I see a prediction of rain all day Friday, and then snow showers combined with 30-50km per hour winds on Saturday. This should mix things up a bit ! :D

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #310 

Anonymous said 6 days ago

Quoting: Speedyredbull
    "Speaking of predictions..I see a prediction of rain all day Friday, and then snow showers combined with 30-50km per hour winds on Saturday. This should mix things up a bit ! :D"

Perfect day for cross country

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #311 

TWU FAN BOI said 5 days ago

Quoting: TWU Fan Boi
    "TWU has one of the best 1-2 punches in the country (honourable mention to Pennock/Daniels, and apologies to the oft injured two-headed beast of Black/Patton, plus a sleeper pick of the Laval boys). Colyn has been making noise all season long, but with Dejong rounding into form at just the right time only a few seconds behind him at BC's, that gives the Spartans two low sticks capable of cracking the top ten.

From there it's mid-d men Lam & Dejong #2 (are these guys related?) stepping up to grind it out over 10km and deliver matching top-40 finishes in their grande finale at USports XC for a respectable top four finishers.

After that it gets ugly...triple-digits ugly. Or does it? Early season performances would suggest we might be looking at a DFL scenario....but, alas TWU's long awaited 5th man appears, shocking mid-season prognosticators and speculations dipping at the line for 99th overall and TWU finishes with a combined score of +/- 190 beating their pre-season ranking for a respectable 8th place finish."

Looks like the three headed Dino beast of Pennock/Lutz/Daniels came through (3+9=12) and slightly clipped my TWU = top 2 prediction (6+7=13).

Alas, the Purple People Eaters over at Western tied TWU's score of 13 for top duo status (5+8= 13)

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #312 

TWU Fan Boi said 5 days ago

Quoting: TWU Fan Boi
    "What's with the UofR being ranked ahead of TWU? Do the coaches even bother looking at conference results before voting, or what? :O"

I'll just leave this right here.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #313 

Yowza said 3 days ago

"Men’s Individual
    1. Pennock
    2. Desgagnes
    3. Turek
    4. Gay
    5. Black
    6. Colyn
    7. Rawling
    8. Daniel
    9. Patton
    10. Sheffar
    11. Drover
    12. Delange
    13. Shepherd
    14. Raez-Villanueva
    15. C. De Jong
    16. Frielink
    17. McGillivray
    18. Peverill
    19. Lapointe
    20. Kirby
    21. Lawand
    22. Bessai
    23. Flood
    24. Grieco
    25. Bedard

Men’s Team
    1. McMaster
    2. Guelph
    3. Queens
    4. Calgary
    5. Laval
    6. Victoria
    7. UBC
    8. Trinity Western
    9. U of T
    10. Windsor

Why I’ll be wrong: Thibeault makes a strong return and vaults Laval to 3rd. Lutz rebounds from Stewart and bumps Calgary to 1st. Carson makes 2nd team and Western comes 6th."

Whoever made these predictions was pretty darn good.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #314 

Weird flex said 1 day ago

Quoting: BIG PAPPI
    "I want what this guy is is on"

Somehow buddy guy correctly guessed 9/14 all Canadians with this seemingly bogus pred. Usports Championships always brings about some serious witchery

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #315 

Anonymous said 1 day ago

"Alright here we go. Might as well not show up to Usport because this is whats going down.

Men
    1.Queen D
    2.Sheffar
    3.Patton
    4.Gay
    5.Colyn
    6.Pennock
    7.Sergio
    8.Turek
    9.Rawling
    10.Frielink
    11.Black (if he races)
    12.Delange
    13.Daniels
    14. De Jong

Women
    1.Brogan
    2.Branna
    3.Popadich
    4.Hufsmith
    5.Lacourse
    6.Comeau
    7.Fitzgerald
    8.Dube-Lavoie
    9.Jones
    10.Reddy
    11.Woodhouse
    12.Jordan
    13.Jossinet
    14.Beauchemin

Mens Team
    1.Mac - put 2 before guelphs 2, 3 before guelphs 3, 4 before 4 and have plenty of depth.
    2.Guelph - will be tight but lose by 5 or so, not having black at full strength is the difference.
    3.Queens - coming through with the sweet spread on the home course.
    4. Calgary - first off the podium, they dont have the high end depth.. wont be as close as people expect.

Womens Team
    1.Queens - 1st and 2nd with atleast one more all canadian and they have depth, no brainer.
    2.Guelph - 5 in the top 20, just dont have the true lowsticks to challenge Queens
    3. Laval - 4 all canadians but a weak 5th probably in the 40's puts them out of contention.
    4.Western - will be battling it out with Dal probably close after 3 but western probably has the better depth. never in contention for a medal though."

11/14 for both guys and girls this one seems pretty good.. hard to predict those team results though

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1