Report  ORIGINAL

emperor palpatine said 6 months ago

Usports Championship 4x200m Women

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #26 

Anonymous said 6 months ago

Disagree with your assessment. The Manitoba athlete comes off the turn and into the straight in lane one. She then drifts into lane two into the path of the Windsor athlete after taking clear steps within lane one. If you think she maintains her spot, then look at it again - clear steps in one, drifts into two in front of Windsor who is attempting to pass.

It's a small space certainly, but Manitoba cause the contact with the outward move - even if the outcome looks extreme.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #27 

Anonymous said 6 months ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Disagree with your assessment. The Manitoba athlete comes off the turn and into the straight in lane one. She then drifts into lane two into the path of the Windsor athlete after taking clear steps within lane one. If you think she maintains her spot, then look at it again - clear steps in one, drifts into two in front of Windsor who is attempting to pass.

It's a small space certainly, but Manitoba cause the contact with the outward move - even if the outcome looks extreme."

Absolutely agree with you. Its a final for a 4 x 200 m relay, which is fast with no lane separations. Some bumping is expected. When the windsor athlete was coming around the corner there was space for her to go between the two athletes in front of her. The manitoba athlete didn't follow her line and cut the Windsor athlete off. The Windsor athlete held her line and resulted in some bumping. She should have went to the outside to pass to avoid that scenario but there are no rules against passing on the inside if there is space. I agree with the call on this one. You have to hold your line.

Didn't we see the same outcome in the 3000 m race in Montreal? And the athlete who got DQ'd tweeted Nick Willis and he said the same thing as me, is that you have to hold your line?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 11
    Report    REPLY #28 

Debate Winner said 6 months ago

The final tally of likes is in and the debate is over and we have a clear winner.
    The total is 157 thumbs up for, and 6 thumbs down against.
    This means it has been determined by the community at large that this was clearly a disqualification action and that windsor made a completely classless move to shove Manitoba out of the way, after the turn, and when all athletes were traveling in a straight forward path.
    It is agreed that since the usports championships are being held in Manitoba next year, that the officials will be informed and Windsor will be repaid in kind.
    Karma has already made comment that windsor will trip and fall on the inside rail, will record a DNF, and Manitoba will take the gold.

Thanks to everyone for comment

Forum Debate is now closed.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 4
    Report    REPLY #29 

Consequences said 6 months ago

Ok, let's stop debating.

For the sake of the poor Manitoba runner who was pushed off the podium, can we solve the more significant issue - who was on the jury and why did they choose not to disqualify the Windsor athlete? How does an obvious mistake like this occur? Someone out there must know something. As a track community we need to hold coaches and officials accountable for their actions.

Quoting: Debate Winner
    "The final tally of likes is in and the debate is over and we have a clear winner.
    The total is 157 thumbs up for, and 6 thumbs down against.
    This means it has been determined by the community at large that this was clearly a disqualification action and that windsor made a completely classless move to shove Manitoba out of the way, after the turn, and when all athletes were traveling in a straight forward path.
    It is agreed that since the usports championships are being held in Manitoba next year, that the officials will be informed and Windsor will be repaid in kind.
    Karma has already made comment that windsor will trip and fall on the inside rail, will record a DNF, and Manitoba will take the gold.

Thanks to everyone for comment

Forum Debate is now closed."

Quote comment
  • User since:
    Feb 11th, 2015
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #30 

????? said 6 months ago

this really should have been a dq. the toba athlete makes a shift of maybe 1ft coming off the bend (which could be even argued as momentum carry and not intentional).
    i think everyone screaming home field conspiracy nonsense is ridiculous though. windsor isnt paying off officials. sometimes the wrong call is made. i feel like this is that time

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #31 

wallpainta said 5 months ago

windsor is known for having the best 4x2 race tactics dating back to the mid 90s, and now their coaching staff is full of standouts from that era on the staff, many from those actual relay teams, its no surprise they continue their dominance

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #32 

Anonymous said 5 months ago

Quoting: wallpainta
    "windsor is known for having the best 4x2 race tactics dating back to the mid 90s, and now their coaching staff is full of standouts from that era on the staff, many from those actual relay teams, its no surprise they continue their dominance"

Finishing second isn't dominance. And that's second using illegal tactics

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #33 

Guy Schultz said 5 months ago

Hey, two guys tried to block me out once and I grabbed both their shoulders and vaulted myself through. I didn't get a DQ, as it was a clear attempt to block me. Kelsey couldn't vault her way through as she had to hold on to her baton.

If you are gonna attempt to block someone, be prepared for them to push back...

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #34 

Guy Shultzy Shultz said 5 months ago

Back in my varsity days i use to cover 2 full legs of the 4x200m. I was so fast I handed off the baton rouge to myself and just fully sent it. #sendysundays

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #35 

I've watched the video a 100 times, I still don't see the Manitoba runner moving in front of her

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #36 

watchitonemoretime said 5 months ago

"I've watched the video a 100 times, I still don't see the Manitoba runner moving in front of her"

you're blind in that case, she clearly drifts into her lane

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #37 

Holy cow said 5 months ago

Quoting: watchitonemoretime
    "you're blind in that case, she clearly drifts into her lane"

how is the small minority still trying to justify this amd keep it alive? Almost everyone on this discussions agrees this was a dirty move. Just accept it and move on. You are just disrespecting Manitoba now, the rightful silver medalists.

And most of all. What do you mean “drifts in to HER lane”?
    You do realize there are no lanes at this point, and also balkwill is in back, behind everyone. There is no right to a “lane” for her at all.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #38 

"I've watched the video a 100 times, I still don't see the Manitoba runner moving in front of her"

I had trouble at first too based on the perspective of the video, but watch the placement of the feet and you can clearly see the move.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #39 

letitgo, letitgooooo said 5 months ago

"I had trouble at first too based on the perspective of the video, but watch the placement of the feet and you can clearly see the move."

I too had trouble at first based on the perspective of the video, but watch the placement of the numbers on the left side of the athletes chest. After the turn, the toba athletes number is tracking straight, just on top of the inside white line of the track. windsor, is tracking straight, just under the inside white line of the track, until she blast the LEADING athlete with her shoulder.

I believe it was stated well before, that the overwhelming popular opinion of this thread is on the side of windsor requiring a DQ, due to an underhanded move. Lets not continue this discussion, just so we can get a grand total of 20 likes on the wrong side of the issue, when we are north of 160, with the correct call already.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #40 

"I had trouble at first too based on the perspective of the video, but watch the placement of the feet and you can clearly see the move."

It's the end of a 4x200, you're giving this way too much insight, she's just trying to find the finish line

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #41 

Quoting: letitgo, letitgooooo
    "I too had trouble at first based on the perspective of the video, but watch the placement of the numbers on the left side of the athletes chest. After the turn, the toba athletes number is tracking straight, just on top of the inside white line of the track. windsor, is tracking straight, just under the inside white line of the track, until she blast the LEADING athlete with her shoulder.

I believe it was stated well before, that the overwhelming popular opinion of this thread is on the side of windsor requiring a DQ, due to an underhanded move. Lets not continue this discussion, just so we can get a grand total of 20 likes on the wrong side of the issue, when we are north of 160, with the correct call already."

But I disagree with you. My opinion still stands that the judges made a very difficult call and I think it is justified based on the video evidence. That is my opinion and looking at likes on a website does nothing to change my opinion. Follow your line, and if you start to cut people off on the last 100 m, be prepared to get bumped around. Asking for the judges names to out them on a message board is ridiculous. I was offering my opinion to show that there are others that agreed with their position.

"It's the end of a 4x200, you're giving this way too much insight, she's just trying to find the finish line"

No, I am not giving it to much insight, I never said she intentionally moved to the outside of the lane, or crossed over, but she did. And in so doing, she cut off the Windsor athlete who made a poor decision to pass on the inside because there was originally room at the start of straight away before Manitoba moved over.

No one got disqualified, and the judges made the right decision at the end of the day.

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1