• Contact

LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:
    *For quicker support use email when possible.

You are viewing page of 2.

Discussion Forum >>

International-conference-of-athletics-excellence
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 17
Report  ORIGINAL

Anonymous said 2 weeks ago

WestHub

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #26 

Anonymous said 3 days ago

Quoting: Anonymous
    "I’m not a coach. Just keen observer. But is having athletes have a 3rd coach a reason to not get a proper head coach.

Also please list the recruiting class from last year and incoming recruits for next year? I’ll wait."

the problem at UVIC the problem is they don't compete in any meets. How do you attract and decent athletes when you don't have an active program?

It's as if the program is on life support. Maybe the new coach can make some changes to make UVIC a viable option for athletes.

My son was wanted to attend UVIC but the lack of a program meant he chose to go to Ontario. My retirement has now been delayed due to the added cost of residency and travel. Hahahaha

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #27 

"the problem at UVIC the problem is they don't compete in any meets. How do you attract and decent athletes when you don't have an active program?

It's as if the program is on life support. Maybe the new coach can make some changes to make UVIC a viable option for athletes.

My son was wanted to attend UVIC but the lack of a program meant he chose to go to Ontario. My retirement has now been delayed due to the added cost of residency and travel. Hahahaha"

What? UVic attends plenty of meets. In fact the team has gone to indoor meets nearly every weekend since mid January.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #28 

And Norm gets no love once again!

"Brant's been there since Sept.... CJ's been their for 5 years+. I dont think Brant gets any of the credit."

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 3
    Report    REPLY #29 

"What? UVic attends plenty of meets. In fact the team has gone to indoor meets nearly every weekend since mid January."

what are you talking about? UVic has gone to Seattle twice this year for UW meets, went to Montreal for McGill Team Challenge, went twice to Edmonton, and sent a group to Kamloops just this indoor season.

As for outdoor season, they go to Portland a few times and get a ton of great meets in the Lower Mainland and Victoria each year.

Quote comment
  • kinrunner User since:
    Sep 27th, 2013
    thumbs_up 20
    Report    REPLY #30 

KinRunner said 3 days ago

""

Does it really matter who gets the coaching credit for this? Kieran ran an exceptional race... he ran it, not me , not Cj and not Norm. If you read his post it is about everyone who helped get him there. CJ and Norm did an exceptional job developing him over the years and while I may write his programming now it's a culmination of everyone who has helped him get there. Getting to a national/ international level is no easy task and very often we get caught up in the details at the present and forget about the entire pathway and choices and directions that have led an athlete to their performances. It's not as if Norm, CJ, and myself have some huge power struggle over who gets credit or controls what Kieran does. We are actually quite collaborative. Especially when working with CJ to have Kieran and John work together when it fits both their schedules.

I think I can speak for the three of us when I say we are all extremely happy for Kieran and proud of all the work he puts into his training and racing, and can not wait to see what else he can accomplish this year!

Back to your regularly scheduled trolling and bashing....

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 9
    Report    REPLY #31 

Quoting: KinRunner
    "Does it really matter who gets the coaching credit for this? Kieran ran an exceptional race... he ran it, not me , not Cj and not Norm.."

Finally a coach with the right view on the possessive nature of coaching. Refreshing for these boards

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #32 

"what are you talking about? UVic has gone to Seattle twice this year for UW meets, went to Montreal for McGill Team Challenge, went twice to Edmonton, and sent a group to Kamloops just this indoor season.

As for outdoor season, they go to Portland a few times and get a ton of great meets in the Lower Mainland and Victoria each year."

Yes, that is what I was saying. They have attended meets almost every weekend since mid-jan. UVic does and always has attended a lot of meets indoor, outdoor and XC.

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1