• Contact

LIVE SUPPORT

SEND US A MESSAGE

ContactCode

OTHER

Email:
    info@trackie.com

Voicemail:
    *For quicker support use email when possible.

You are viewing page of 2.

Discussion Forum >>

International-conference-of-athletics-excellence
Reply to topic Go to last post
Anonymous
thumbs_up 0
Report  ORIGINAL

Annon said 1 year ago

Where is Ofsaa cross in 2019.

Show Original Post
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #26 

Anonymous said 7 months ago

Quoting: NC Blogger
    "Funny you should say that - I can only think of one OFSAA Championship that is routinely held outside of Ontario.

Anyone want to take a stab? Sport / location. I'll buy you a beverage of your choice next time you track me down."

My best guess would be either of the neighbouring provinces but you say one OFSAA Championship is routinely held outside of Ontario but literally every OFSAA was in Ontario this school year.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #27 

Quoting: NC Blogger
    "Funny you should say that - I can only think of one OFSAA Championship that is routinely held outside of Ontario.

Anyone want to take a stab? Sport / location. I'll buy you a beverage of your choice next time you track me down."

Fort Frances OFSAA curling last year was right on the border of Ontario and Manitoba

Quote comment
  • track-west-founder User since:
    Jan 22nd, 2018
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #28 

Track West founder said 7 months ago

Hockey has been held in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario and Michigan plus Cross Country Skiing has been held in Quebec once.

Quote comment
  • nc-blogger User since:
    Sep 12th, 2014
    thumbs_up 2
    Report    REPLY #29 

NC Blogger said 7 months ago

Quoting: Track West founder
    "Hockey has been held in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario and Michigan plus Cross Country Skiing has been held in Quebec once."

Did not know about the hockey in the US (that'd be a nighmare for paperwork), but you are correct Ian. Whenever the NCSSAA hosts OFSAA Nordic, it is held in Gatineau. It has been held at Camp Fortune and more recently Nakkertok. I owe you a drink sir.

Mike, if the NC ever hosted Alpine. it would certainly be in Quebec as well, but I don't know that it's ever been hosted here (at least not in my years of teaching).

This post was edited by NC Blogger 7 months ago . 
    Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #30 

Whats the latest update about the work-to-rule situation. Is there going to be an OFSAA XC 2019?

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #31 

No

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 1
    Report    REPLY #32 

Kids @ Holy Name of Mary in Brampton are being told NO cross country in the fall due to a anticipated labour issue.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #33 

Quoting: Anonymous
    "Kids @ Holy Name of Mary in Brampton are being told NO cross country in the fall due to a anticipated labour issue."

Teachers help me out... if the contract expires Aug. 31, my understanding is the process of union members voting, being approved... etc. will take long enough that strike action won’t occur until late Nov/Dec. This would be good for xc.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 5
    Report    REPLY #34 

I will comment anonymously, as my union would not want to hear this (or me bad-mouthing teachers), and most of you will figure out who I am, but -

I have heard as #33 has stated we won't be doing any job action in September. It may be like the last disastrous round of negotiations where the union told members to "do what they thought was right" which for about half meant business as usual, the other half work to rule. Created some nasty tension.

So far the union has given us no direction. To give us a work to rule directive (as apparently some elementary unions have) would be to begin bargaining in bad faith.

My guess is that teachers that are telling his, "No Sports in the fall" are coping out. Get on with your job and don't start speculating with kids. Be professional.

I fully intend to coach in the fall, and if our union demands work to rule midway through a season, screw them. If they start it right away, I'll be starting a new club and AO's will have a much larger field I anticipate.

My hunch however is, if no contract is reached by Aug 31, negotiations will stall and there will be job action at some point in the school year. Personally, I'd rather go on strike than work to rule - work to rule is essentially go to work, but we'll suck out everything that you can possibly enjoy about your job, oh wait, it's not your job at all, we'll suck out everything you enjoy doing in your free time and in terms of the stuff you don't get paid for.

Unions are so unimaginative it's scary. They are effective though, thank god we have 'em.

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 6
    Report    REPLY #35 

I fully intend to coach in the fall, and if our union demands work to rule midway through a season, screw them. If they start it right away, I'll be starting a new club and AO's will have a much larger field I anticipate.

"

Best thing you’ve ever said!

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #36 

Anonymous said 4 months ago

Sudbury Norths turn to host apparently Petawawa is east

Quote comment
  • anonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #37 

Bruce Burton said 2 months ago

"Sudbury Norths turn to host apparently Petawawa is east"

Whose turn will it be in 2020?

Quote comment
  • new-post-last-visitanonymous Anonymous
    thumbs_up 0
    Report    REPLY #38 

London Calling said 2 months ago

London

Quote comment
Previous | 1 | 2
Anonymous

says…    

Quote Underline Italics Bold
Submit Preview

By posting on our forum you are agreeing to the following guidelines.

To help prevent spammers please
enter the two words below.

image-display1

Benefits of creating an account!

• No need to reveal your real name.
  • Quicker to post (no need to enter the "two words" above each time).
  • Gives you the ability to edit your own comments and subscribe to topics.
  • It's free & quick to create an account!
Submit & Create Account

image-display1

image-display1