• Treat coaches, volunteers, teammates, competitors, parents and officials respectfully.
• Take the time to thank the officials for their help at your event at the meets.
• Take the time to congratulate all of the competitors in your event, from first to last.
• Talk over any concerns with your coaches and if you need further help, please ask your parent to speak to the coach in private after the practice, or to call the coach if the coach is busy with other athletes.
• Cheer for and support all of your teammates.
• Help each other to learn and improve whenever you can.
• Support the club and your child by getting involved in the club by volunteering at practices and meets.
• Support and cheer for all of our athletes and the efforts of the athletes from other clubs.
• Treat all of the athletes, coaches, volunteers, other parents and officials respectfully.
• Take the time to thank the officials at meets and to thank the coaches. All of these people are volunteers
• Support the coaches. This includes allowing the coaches to motivate your child for practice, help your child to set realistic goals, instruct at practices, conduct pre and post event discussion, etc. You have entrusted the care of your child to the coaches and they need to be free to do their job. If an athlete has too many coaches, it is confusing for them and their performance usually declines because they are unsure of what to do.
• Please offer any suggestions in a positive and supportive manner, at an appropriate time, so as not to interrupt the practice.
Complaints or Concern Procedures
If you as the parent have a complaint or concern that you would like to have addressed we ask that you discuss the issue with your child’s coach in a non-confrontational manner, in a private setting. If a satisfactory resolution is not achieved, please contact Head JD Coach , Jane Waite to discuss your concern.
• Treat all athletes, parents, volunteers, officials, and fellow coaches respectfully.
• Encourage every athlete to set realistic goals and help the athlete to achieve these goals in a supportive way.
• Challenge all athletes to strive for personal bests.
• Create a challenging and fun environment for the athlete