If you want to refund a registrant without removing them, after submitting the refund, you can then reinitialize the registrant by clicking the reinitialize icon
The system provides a straightforward process for submitting refunds. When a refund is submitted, the registrant will receive a credit applied to the original credit card used for payment.
To submit a refund, just follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the View Registrantssection, where you can view the information of your registered participants.
To refund a registrant you have two options:
- Click on the "X" icon located to the left of the registrant's name.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the registrant's name, and then click the "Remove" link next to "Apply to checked" (allows for refunding multiple registrants at once).
In the "Remove Entry" pop-up, you can select the option "Submit Refund" and indicate whether you wish to issue a "Full Amount" or "Partial Amount" refund. When selecting the "Partial Amount" refund option, you can enter the specific amount that you want to refund.
Click on the "Remove" or "Delete Forever" button to initiate the refund process. The difference between the two options:
- Remove: If you choose to "Remove" a registrant, they will be removed from the public confirmation list and will be displayed at the bottom of your administrative list with a red line through their name, indicating their removal. However, if necessary, you have the ability to re-initialize their registration if needed.
- Delete Forever: If you choose to "Delete Forever", they will be removed from both the public list and your administrative list.
After submitting a refund, it's important to note that it may take between 1-7 business days for the credit to be reflected on the registrant's card. The actual timeframe for the refund to be processed and reflected on the registrant's card can vary depending on various factors such as the holidays, financial institutions, and their processing timelines.